Bakery Style Blueberry Streusel MuffinsFrom APPLE BIN INN
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:15 minutes
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cinnamon (for topping)
- 2 1/2 C All-purpose flour
- 1 TBS Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 C Unsalted Butter, Melted & Cooled
- 1 C Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 C Milk (any kind) I use Cream
- I TBS Vanilla Extract (not imitation vanilla)
- 1 1/2 C Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 C Sugar (for topping) I use Unrefined Blond Sugar Crystals
- 1 TBS All-purpose Flour (for topping)
- 2 tsp Unsalted Butter - Melted (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 425F and spray or line a 12 cup muffin baking pan. Prepare the streusel topping by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter with the sugar, add the eggs, mix, then add the milk and vanilla, mix again.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently combine using a rubber spatula until moistened. Fold in the blueberries until just incorporated.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups, top with streusel and bake for 5 minutes at 425F, then keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the heat to 375F and bake for another 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.