Bacon, Egg, and Cheese StrataFrom ALLAIRE TIMBERS INN
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:1 hour
- 12 thick slices white bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 12 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Half-and-Half
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Eggs combine with cheese, bacon and bread to become a fluffy cheese strata that no one can resist! This is an easy recipe for guys who want to surprise that special someone with breakfast in bed.
1. Toss cubed bread with bacon, cheese, and mushrooms, and pour into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Whisk together eggs, Half-and-Half and mustard until smooth, then pour evenly over cubed bread. Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Remove plastic wrap from the baking dish, and bake strata in preheated oven until the top is golden brown, and the eggs are set, about 1 hour. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
*Only half cook bacon before addign to raw ingredients.