Scofield House Bed and Breakfast
The Bleu Room
The beauty and romance of European Art Nouveau decoration of the late 1800's is captured in the intimacy of the Bleu Room. Deeply embossed English wall coverings provide the subtle background for the antique burled walnut queen-size bed. Shuttered doors over the antique cherry fireplace mantle conceal a TV/VCR. The oversize double whirlpool in the attached bathroom is surrounded by an Art Nouveau dado of English Lincrusta. Rates range from $105 - $140.
The Turret Room
The Eastlake influence is apparent in the fine antique burled walnut double bed, marble-topped washstand, and English armoire that conceals a TV/VCR. The oak floor is bordered with a parquet inlay. A connecting sitting room features a Victorian loveseat, marble-topped, mirrored walnut dresser and charming c.1880's "crazy" quilt. The adjacent private outside balcony offers a great place for counting stars on a clear summer night. The adjoining turret bath has a double shower and pedestal sink. Rates range from $80 - $115.
The Water Lily Room
This elegant guest room has a queen-size nineteenth century burled walnut bed with matching dresser. Lovely antique urn lamps grace the Eastlake end tables. A color TV/VCR is concealed behind white shuttered doors above the ornamental white antique mantle that surrounds the corner, marble-accented fireplace. The private bath features a double whirlpool tub, corner shower, antique oak medicine cabinet and pedestal sink. Rates range from $115 - $150.
The Rose Room
Furnished in fine late Victorian burled walnut furniture, the ornate Renaissance Revival queen-size bed and massive English walnut armoire (with concealed TV/VCR and stereo) are complemented by a red velvet love seat, matching chair and marble topped dresser. A rose patterned Axminster rug is centered on a maple floor with an intricate inlaid border. Dominating the wall opposite the bed is a fireplace with a mirrored and columned antique maple mantle. The cathedral ceiling bath offers a double whirlpool tub and separate shower. Rates range from $130 - $165.
The Gazebo Room
A very private guest room with its own porch and entry. The original master bedroom has been expanded to include a sitting area with a corner fireplace, antique oak mantle and stained glass window. The maple floor of the bedroom has an inlaid border design that surrounds an oriental rug under a queen-size Eastlake walnut bed. A 19th century mirrored French walnut armoire conceals a TV/VCR and stereo system. The attached bathroom features a separate shower, double whirlpool tub beneath an antique stained glass window, and English encaustic floor tiles. Rates range from $130 - $165.
The Room at the Top
The entire third story of The Scofield House has been transformed into a single private suite. The bedroom area is dominated by an 1860's Eastlake walnut queen-sized bed. The wonders of a star filled Door County night may be enjoyed through the skylights over the bed. The fireplace with its 100 year old carved cherry mantle and marble hearth warms bathers in the double whirlpool tub beneath another skylight. A massive, highly ornamented cherry pier mirror with fluted columns, a companion piece to the mantle, fills the opposite gable.
A wet bar, refrigerator, the TV/VCR and stereo with tape and CD players, are hidden behind beaded panel oak doors saved from Augusta Scofield's sewing room cabinets. The imaginative use of salvaged artifacts from the 1876 Door County courthouse lend a sense of history and beauty. Warm golden oak wainscoting, embossed tin ceiling, even sections of oak railing from the circuit courtroom, evoke memories of times past. Two steps down is a separate bathroom with skylight, shower, pedestal sink and colorful mosaic tile floor. Rates range from $169 - $199.
"By far the most lavish of the six rooms in The Scofield House is The Room at the Top occupying the entire third floor... it is decadently luxurious..." Chicago Tribune.
Our charming, spacious, 1920's Colonial-style home is available for your Door County vacation. With lots of room to spread out, it is perfect for couples, a girls' get-away weekend, or small family. On the main floor you will find the family room, a 1/2 bath, dining room, and living room with gas-log fireplace. Off the family room is a patio with a gas barbecue grill. The kitchen with all stainless appliances is fully equipped for preparing your own meals. Upstairs are 2 bedrooms, each with a queen-size bed. A 3rd bedroom with a twin bed is available as needed. The full bath on the 2nd floor features a unique barrel ceiling and the original Kohler bathroom fixtures.
Located in a residential area on the corner of 9th Avenue and Michigan Street, our guesthouse is within walking distance of many Sturgeon Bay shops, restaurants, and attractions. Cable TV, completely equipped kitchen, bed and bath linens provided. Books and board games are available, as well as a croquet set for outdoor fun. Please-no smoking and no pets. Rates range from $175 - $250.
- There is a 2 night minimum on advance reservations for weekends during May through October. The 2 night minimum also applies to certain holiday and festival weekends
- All rates are per room, single or double occupancy. No more than 2 persons per room.
- A deposit equal to the 1st night's rate on a multiple night stay, or 50% of the room rate on a single night stay, is required at time of reservation. Balance is due on arrival. We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, personal checks, and certain gift certificates.
- Please note arrival and departure dates carefully as you are responsible for payment of all days reserved. No refunds will be made for any unused days due to late arrival or early departure.
- Cancellations affect us greatly. Refunds of deposit will be made if cancellation is 14 or more days prior to arrival date. If a later cancellation is necessary, a refund will be made if we are able to re-rent the room.
- Rates are subject to change and do not include tax.
- We cannot accommodate pets but are happy to recommend a local kennel as needed.
- Smoking is NOT permitted anywhere in the house. A fee of $150.00 will be charged for any violation of our no smoking policy. Additionally, any damages caused by careless use of smoking materials will result in penalties as provided by the State of Wisconsin, Dept. of Health and Family Services.
- Check in is between 3:00 and 7:00 PM (unless late check in is pre-arranged)
- Check out is by 11:00 AM