The Jackson Rose Bed & Breakfast
The Hitchcock Room
The Hitchcock Room, adjacent to the Garret Room on the third floor, is a small cozy room with two single beds and lovely black Hitchcock-style decorated furniture. It is used only in conjunction with the Garret Room, sharing a bathroom.
Together, the Garret and Hitchcock Rooms comprise the Garret Suite, which may sleep up to four persons.
The Linden Room
The Linden Room is named for the massive old weeping linden tree in the backyard, which the room overlooks. In late June the tree sprouts blossoms, whose fragrance is sweet and flowery-strong, and is still used to make tea. In winter the old linden loses its leaves allowing guests a gorgeous view of the Blue Ridge mountains.
The Linden Room's sturdy sleigh-bed makes for a restful sleep. The private bath offers sunny views of the herb garden and brick patio
The Garret Room
The Garret Room reminds guests of nights spent at Grandmother's house. Unwind in this cozy third floor room with antique sleigh-bed, private bath, sitting area and dormer windows, offering three different views.
Guests enjoy the comforting sound of rain on the tin roof during stormy weather. The only room on the third floor, the climb to the top of the stairs rewards guests with privacy and quiet. The Garret Room does have its own television.
The Jackson Rose Room
The Jackson Rose Room is said to have been the room that General "Stonewall" Jackson himself acquired when he made his headquarters in this house.
The room is a favorite among guests, who admire its cheerful colors and sunny disposition as much as its history. Situated at the front of the house, the room looks out over the perennial rose garden and spacious lawn. The four-poster bed, private bath and sitting area will surely make your stay a comfortable one.
Booking a Room
- Please call or email us to inquire about making a reservation
- To reserve a room, we require personal contact information and a credit card number
- We do not charge any deposit to the card; it is for cancellation purposes only
Check-In & Check-Out
- Check-in: 3 pm
- Please notify us, if possible, as to your estimated arrival time
- If you will be arriving later than 9 p.m. please call so that we can guarantee your room
- Check-out: By 11 am date of departure
For cancellations, we require at least one week's notice prior to date of arrival in order to avoid incurring a charge ($50 charge for weeknight stays; $100 charge for weekend stays).
For multiple rooms reserved, two weeks' notice is required. Cancellations within 72 hours from check-in time of date of arrival will result in one night's charge.
For multiple room reservations, the cancellation policy applies to each room booked. We accept all major credit cards, personal checks, travelers checks and cash for payment. Cancellation policy applies to Gift Certificates as well.
- We welcome children 12 years of age and older
- Sorry, we do not allow pets
- Our Bed & Breakfast is strictly a non-smoking facility
- Smoking is permitted in outdoor areas
- We require a two-night minimum stay most weekends
- Special Occasion packages - champagne/wine with flowers or balloons - available by prior arrangement: more information below
- Gift Certificates are available year-round
- $10 minimum charge for mailing left belongings (please be sure you have everything)