Chestnut Ridge Country Inn
Table Of Contents
Chestnut Ridge Country Inn Bed & Breakfast is a restored 1890 farmhouse situated in the country yet close to everything outdoors. We offer five guestrooms with private baths and a full breakfast each morning. Bring your skis for a day or a weekend at Snowshoe Ski Resort. We are 15 miles from Snowshoe, easy access to the east entrance. Come back after skiing and relax in one of the five oversized guestrooms. Your hosts Larry & Paula can help you with your plans, from when to ski, which slopes are the busiest, where to get rental equipment, which we can arrange for a discount on rentals and purchase, at an outfitter at the Resort. Just call us @ 304-456-4280 or email us @email@example.com!
Or just come and relax in front of the fireplace in the Common Room, on one of 3 porches or our oversized deck. Wake up to a great breakfast, including the extras of specially brewed coffee; selection of juices at the table, muffins or biscuits and a breakfast recipe from Paula's recipe books.
Breakfast: Wake up to muffins baking, coffee and tea brewing and a full breakfast.
Rates & Policies
- Peters Ridge Guestroom $120 per night
- Snow Ridge Guestroom $120 per night
- Griffin Ridge Guestroom $120 per night
- Chestnut Ridge Guestroom $160 per night
- Allegheny Ridge Guestroom $130 per night
- Rate based on single or double occupancy. Chestnut Ridge rate based on five guests. Rates do not include 12% sales and occupancy tax.
- Additional guests $20/person per guestroom.
- Single night reservations are accepted (see exceptions) but will be an additional $15/guestroom charge.
- We are children-friendly. Children are are expected to honor other guests privacy and be respectful of others. We are motorcycle-friendly, providing special parking and bike washing. We love pets, but can not accommodate pets at this time.
- Reservations can be secured with a credit card. Cash or Visa/Mastercard credit cards are accepted for payment. A deposit equal to one night stay is required. Your reservation will be confirmed by email or letter following receipt of deposit. Rates do not include WV sales tax or occupancy tax.
- Cancellations: In the case where the reservation must be cancelled, eight days notice is required for deposit to be returned in full. Cancellations within the seven days, the deposit will be returned in full if the guestroom you have reserved can be reserved for someone else. If we cannot fill the reservation, a gift certificate will be provided.
- Check-in times are 3-10 PM, checkout is by 11AM; if other times are needed, please let us know at the time of reservation and we will accommodate when possible.
- Holidays: Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, July 4th Weekend, Pioneer Days (July), Labor Day and from the last weekend in Sept through October (leaf season), Christmas week and Presidents Day weekend require a 2-day minimum stay.
- Breakfast: A full breakfast is always provided. Course includes fruit, main course, juices, muffins or biscuits, coffee and tea. Please provide requests for allergies, dietary or special conditions when making reservations. We will accommodate all reasonable requests.
- Dinner: We offer our guests a wholesome dinner at the Inn, at additional cost, reserved at the time of your reservation. We always have hot water and decaf coffee available in the evening. Our dinners are available to our guests - we only ask advance notice so we can properly prepare.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Larry and Paula Garretson for sharing their own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
The most popular response to this question is "we are close to where we wanted to be", be it to ride the Cass RR, bike the Greenbrier River Trail, tour the National Radio Observatory or ski at Snowshoe Ski Resort.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
Best known for very personable innkeepers; Our Inn is a country setting, away from the hustle and bustle, but what the guests go away with is the fact that their cell phone was not ringing all the time while they were on vacation (there are no cell towers here); guests love the comfort of the room, the hospitality of Larry and Paula and the full hot breakfasts and good conversation during breakfast with both the innkeepers and other guests - its amazing how many guests have something in common to talk about.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
We are 6 miles from Cass Scenic Railroad, the most popular state park in the state.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
That’s easy - one guest wrote in the in-room guest book was “We came because of the train ride, we will come back because of Larry and Paula".
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
Fly fishing the 8 streams that have their headwaters in Pocahontas County
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
There are 3 tourist trains within 15 miles; the 78 mile Greenbrier River Trail, the NRAO and skiing @ Snowshoe Ski Resort.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
We enjoy a community center around the corner from the Inn, which features a jamboree each month and a square dance each month; we also have a great bakery that features everything fresh and homemade. And, of course, we have five acres of beauty and an eastern view down the valley that extends all the way to the eastern Alleghenies.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
There are many mom-and-pop restaurants here that offer good hot meals, reasonable prices and the owners that aren’t afraid to sit down at your table and talk to you!
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
Our website, www.chestnutridgecountryinn.com, has links to all the attractions in the area.
How many rooms does your inn have?
We have 5 rooms; one is a 2-room suite for families and a cottage for complete quiet and comfort.
Do you accept pets?
We do not accept pets; we have done several trials with very little success.
Ride Cass RR to the top of the mountain,tour the National Radio Telescope where they listen to outer space, bring your skis for a day at Snowshoe, bring your golf clubs for a round at the Raven, ride your motorcycle for a experience on our roads,hike or bike along the Greenbrier River Trail, or enjoy some great trout fishing on one of the eight rivers that originate in Pocahontas County.