Chestnut Ridge Country Inn
Allegheny Ridge Guest House
The Allegheny Ridge Guest House is our newest addition to our available guestrooms, but with one big difference - it is a more private bungalow directly behind the main house and offers a queen size bed and a day bed (twin size), accommodating 3 guests. It also features your own refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. The room is about the same size as Peters Ridge guestroom, with a sitting area and your private bath with a shower. Named originally, "the Smoke House" because it was once used as a building to smoke meat. The cellar was built around 1910, to keep canned goods and other foods stored in a cool area during the winter. The house was added in about 1912 and used as a smoke house till the 50' or 60's, when its use was relegated to a storeroom. We felt it appropriate to use it as a guesthouse for those wanting a little more privacy, for anniversary celebrations and honeymooners!
The Chestnut Ridge Guestroom is presently under some renovation. The guestroom is available in July as a single room with an adjacent private bath; August 1st through the 15th, is not available. Sorry for the inconvenience. It is normally a second floor, two-room suite with a queen size bed in the large room and a sitting area. In the second room, there is a full and a twin bed. The private bathroom is adjacent to the two rooms. Each room has its own thermostat control.
The Griffin Ridge Guestroom is a second floor accommodation with a queen size bed, sitting area, day bed (2 twin beds), private bath with shower, accommodating up to four guests. The best view of the house is here, with three windows facing east, west and north. The room has its own thermostat control.
Snow Ridge guestroom is a large, first floor room with an oversized, private bath. The room features original red pine floors and antique bedroom furniture. There is a sitting area with two chairs for relaxing and reading. The bathroom features a five foot shower and double shower heads. The entry doors to the bath are original four foot pocket doors. All woodwork is original. The room has its own individually thermostat control for your comfort.
The Peters Ridge guestroom is a first floor accommodation with a queen size bed, sitting area with two rocking chairs, the private bath in the room features a large shower and heated shower area. The fireplace is the original stone fireplace with a remote-controlled electric fireplace insert. The room accommodates two guests. The room has its own thermostat temperature control.
Rates & Policies
- Peters Ridge Guestroom $120 per night
- Snow Ridge Guestroom $120 per night
- Griffin Ridge Guestroom $120 per night
- Chestnut Ridge Guestroom $165 per night
- Allegheny Ridge Guestroom $130 per night
- Rate based on single or double occupancy. Chestnut Ridge rate based on five guests. Rates do not include 12% sales and occupancy tax.
- Additional guests $20/person per guestroom.
- Single night reservations are accepted (see exceptions) but will be an additional $15/guestroom charge.
- We are children-friendly. Children are are expected to honor other guests privacy and be respectful of others. We are motorcycle-friendly, providing special parking and bike washing. We love pets, but can not accommodate pets at this time.
- Reservations can be secured with a credit card. Cash or Visa/Mastercard credit cards are accepted for payment. A deposit equal to one night stay is required. Your reservation will be confirmed by email or letter following receipt of deposit. Rates do not include WV sales tax or occupancy tax.
- Cancellations: In the case where the reservation must be cancelled, eight days notice is required for deposit to be returned in full. Cancellations within the seven days, the deposit will be returned in full if the guestroom you have reserved can be reserved for someone else. If we cannot fill the reservation, a gift certificate will be provided.
- Check-in times are after 3PM, checkout is by 11AM; if other times are needed, please let us know at the time of reservation and we will accommodate when possible.
- Holidays: Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, July 4th Weekend, Pioneer Days (July), Labor Day and from the last weekend in Sept through October (leaf season), Christmas week and Presidents Day weekend require a 2-day minimum stay.
- Breakfast: A full breakfast will be provided. Course includes fruit, main course, juices, muffins or biscuits, coffee and tea. Please provide requests for allergies, dietary or special conditions when making reservations. We will accommodate all reasonable requests.
- Dinner: We offer our guests a wholesome dinner at the Inn, reserved at the time of your reservation. We always have hot water and decaf coffee available in the evening. Our dinners are available to our guests - we only ask advance notice so we can properly prepare.