Cameo Heights Mansion
Table Of Contents
Cameo Heights Mansion Bed and Breakfast - Where elegance, hospitality, and fine dining invite romance, relaxation, and rest.
Cameo Heights is a luxury bed and breakfast in Walla Walla, Washington. Situated in a quiet country setting, it features seven spacious suites with private baths, air-jetted tubs, gas fireplaces, and sumptuous fine dining in the evening--a five star romantic escape for couples in the heart of Washington wine country. Cameo Heights Mansion provides a restful and elegant retreat from pressure and stress.
Don't you really deserve the best?
On the majestic basalt bluffs overlooking the peaceful Walla Walla River, Cameo Heights Mansion rises regally over a lush 400 acre orchard and vineyard. J Alan and Deanne Fielding have teamed with designer Dr. Dan Cox to create a spectacular destination retreat for couples. This distinctive French country resort features seven spacious suites with private baths, spa tubs, fireplaces, veranda views and sumptuous dining.
Situated midway between Walla Walla and the Tri-Cities, Washington, Cameo Heights Mansion offers local and out of town guests a unique Bed and Breakfast experience in a country setting surrounded by orchard and vineyard and secluded from the din and lights of the city. Ideally centralized, this site connects the celebrated wineries of Walla Walla wine country, the Columbia Valley, and the up-and-coming Red Mountain wine appellations.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Alan and Deanne Fielding for sharing their own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
We are a destination resort. So many travelers are coming to stay at the resort B&B. About half of our guests are local folks who come just for a staycation at a top ranked B&B. Out of town guests also stay with us when they come to shop for wine in Walla Walla, a famous area in Washington State where highly ranked wines are produced.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
Romance, Luxury, Fine Dining.
On-site restaurant, swimming pool, theatre room, and very luxurious suites.
We love our guests most and wish we had more of them.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
"Everything was perfect. You have thought of all the details."
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
That the best food in the area is served in a small restaurant affiliated with our Bed and Breakfast, The Vine.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Wine tasting, fishing, relaxing with a book by the waterfall filled pool, orchard trail hikes, bike riding, downtown shopping in Walla Walla, excellent dining opportunities, and rich cultural events in Walla Walla, including Shakespearean theatre, and music festivals.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
We are a destination, isolated from most city din, so walking would be on our orchard and vineyard trails, down to the Walla Walla River, and the outdoor swimming pool.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Other than our on-site The Vine, Whitehouse Crawford.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
Do you accept pets?
No, we are pet free.
Inside and outside, discover the amazing amenities at Cameo Heights Mansion, including: (See also Room Amenities)
- Swimming pool with water fall & pool side patio
- Built in outside Hot Tub
- Free Wi-Fi
- Splendid view of Walla Walla river valley & "Tuscan" hillsides
- Dedicated movie room with 100" screen, Cain & Cain surround sound speakers, Blu Ray DVD player
- Library of nearly 170 DVD's & Blu Rays
- White table cloth fine dining in "chef's table" kitchen (by reservation)
- Dinner and breakfast, at your request, will be served intimately in your suite
- Pampered attention throughout your stay
- Dedicated exercise room: Vectra gym, Cybex recumbent bike, & Nordic elliptical
- Baby grand piano
- Firepit built into patio (We supply the s'mores!)
- Horseshoe pit
- Ping pong
- Fire pit
- Free orchard / vineyard tours
- Guest refrigerators in hallways and hospitality area
- Soda pop, juices, mocha & ice cream in refrigerators
Extraordinary Room Amenities
Cameo Heights is no ordinary lodging experience. Our guests tell us "you have thought of everything." (Actually we have just listened to our guests.) This is not an exhaustive list of all room amenities, only the most unusual ones.
- iPhone docking station in every room & suite
- Netbook computer with free WiFi in every room and suite
- Air-jetted 2 person tubs in every room and suite
- Dressers in almost every room and suite
- Dining table for intimate dining in every room and suite
- Home-made luxurious soaps and lotions
- The gift box in the foreground has bubble bath, hand lotion, bar of Goat's milk soap, and a bath bomb; use it here or take it home with you!
- All TV's throughout the Mansion (10 total) are mounted on picture frames for an elegant finish
- As needed, some TV's extend out away from wall for ideal viewing angle
- The TV in this picture is turned towards the bed
- Lofted bonus room with leather couch and coffee table in German suite
- All suites and rooms have real gas fireplaces
- This 3-way fireplace happens to be in the Spanish suite
- Kitchenette in the Greek Suite has a stove top, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker
- Frankly, however with the level of dining and coffee services, I don't think it gets used much!
Destination Wedding Packages
Start your "Happily Ever Aftering" with an idyllic wedding at Cameo Heights Mansion
With its grand design of natural basalt rock, waterfall pools and fountains, beautifully landscaped grounds, and the stunning background of orchards and the picturesque Walla Walla River valley, Cameo Heights Mansion is the perfect setting for the idyllic wedding and honeymoon. We offer four different wedding proposals, (no pun intended!) Find the perfect package for your dream wedding that most meets your expectations and budget. Call us for further details and to arrange a personal tour of the Mansion.
Things to do at the Mansion
The grounds and landscaping, the scenic river valley views, and the architecture and atmosphere at the Mansion make every minute spent at the Mansion unforgettable. One of the common regrets from our guests as they leave is that they wished they had spent more time at the Mansion. So what does one do at the Mansion? If you need a few suggestions, here they are. More will be provided in your guest book when you arrive.
- Play a concerto or chop sticks on the baby grand piano
- Cuddle up in any one of four spacious couches to watch a movie in the dedicated Theater Room with the acclaimed Cain & Cain sound system (See picture in upper left corner of this page)
- Settle down with a good book in the library
- Cool off with a refreshing swim in the waterfall-filled pool (Closed November-Arpil)
- Soak in the luxury of the built-in hot tub (Open year round)
- Dine at The Vine, our superb on-site restaurant
- Roast a marshmallow in the fire-pit by evening and gawk at the Milky Way and try to identify your favorite constellations in the unpolluted sky above
- Enjoy a game of ping pong in our hospitality room
- You might want to challenge your innkeeper Alan; Alan is always open to radical negotiations on the price of your suite should you win; lose, though, and Alan, displaying aggravated signs of dismay and grief, will proceed to charge you double for your reservation
- Kindle romance with a chick flick in the dedicated theater room
- Game of tetherball
- Hike to the top of the cherry orchard and see a view that will leave you breathless (not the hike, but the view)
- Chess or checkers
- Take a walk through a million cherry blossoms and enjoy the chorus of a billion bees
- Listen to the coyotes yelp and howl in evening air
- Roll together down the grassy slopes of the manicured lawn of the Mansion
- Tramp up to the vineyard to witness and sample first hand the flavor of grapes before they are made into wine
- Order breakfast in your suite and linger in your pj's until 10:45 AM
- Drive golf balls from the Stephen L Petty driving range into the blue sky and watch them drop 250 feet to the greens below
- Wander over the cherry orchard and eat enough cherries to turn your lips red and then kiss!
- Last, but not least, dine by candlelight at the Mansion
Things Happen at the Mansion!
Feeling pampered is the daily experience at Cameo Heights Mansion. Guests relish swimming and sun bathing in the pool with the waterfall (closed November-March), relaxing in the hot tub (open year round), roasting s'mores on a flickering outdoor fire pit, playing an old-fashioned game of horseshoes, challenging each other to ping pong in the hospitality suite, watching in-wall high definition TV's in your suite, or, better yet, snuggling with their sweethearts on the leather couches as they revel in a movie in the spacious theatre room. Reminiscent of an old world country villa, the Mansion offers an escape from the urban congestion with all the luxuries of the privileged.
Cameo Heights overlooks an orchard and vineyard
We invite our guests to take a stroll through the orchards, and experience all the beauties of nature—the chorus of bees buzzing through the spring flowers; flower buds emerging, opening, flowering, and then the little green apples beginning to form; or sample the nuances of flavor exploding from the fresh berries plucked from the vines of Merlot, Chardonnay, Syrah, and Cab Sauv. The surrounding apple and cherry orchard/vineyard consists of 410 acres of apples, cherries, and grapes.
Did I mention beautiful sunrises and dazzling sunsets?
Since the Mansion resides in a rural setting, away from the pollution of city lights, Cameo Heights Mansion is legendary for the night sky vista of a million stars. Sunrises and sunsets are spectacular, viewed conveniently from the luxury of your king sized bed, through the double French doors which also overlook the peaceful Walla Walla River meandering through a green picturesque valley. Some call the rolling hills which surround the valley, the Tuscany hills of Touchet.
Everything for the foodies!
As a destination resort, we offer full restaurant-type dining service. Our on-site restaurant, "The Vine", seats our reserved guests for breakfast, lunch, and fine dinners, all prepared before your view in our "Chef's Table" kitchen. You may even chat with our Canadian chef, Chef Penny Addison, as you observe your cuisine being created before your eyes. You may drive in any direction for dinner, alas, only to find, as our other wandering guests (albeit too late), that nowhere is the cuisine more fine than at The Vine!
Elegant Design and Cosmopolitan Decor!
The suites are elegantly and elaborately designed with a European or Asian flair. The craftsmanship and décor of each suite envelops you in the ambiance of Spain, Greece, Germany, France, Italy, Asia, and medieval English Tudor. With just a little imagination, you will feel whisked away to your choice of foreign country, but without the expense and discomfort of thousands of miles of air travel.
Whether you come for one night or several,
our aim is to be your overall best romantic retreat ever!
Our warmest regards to our future guests, soon to become our friends.
Dining at the Mansion
Breakfast at the Mansion
During your stay at Cameo Heights Mansion you'll dine on a gourmet breakfast prepared on-site and, whenever possible, using fresh ingredients and produce grown right here in our own little valley. Of course, all of the breakfast services are complimentary to our overnight guests.
Wake-Up-Service at 8:00AM is followed at 9:00AM by a hearty and delicious breakfast served in our beautiful dining room overlooking the Walla Walla River valley. Breakfast begins with fresh fruit, followed by sumptuous and varied entrees, such as: egg burrito with house-made masa tortillas, grilled vegetables, and Don Juan's chorizo sausage; or fruit stuffed french toast with Templeman's Canadian bacon; sometimes, a made to order omelete or italian sausage fritatta with sun dried tomato; other times, lemon zested ricotta pancakes with fresh peaches,. With notice, we cater to every dietary restriction.
For early checkouts, continental breakfasts will be provided upon request.
Dining at Cameo Heights Mansion
- Homegrown fresh produce, homemade pastries and hearty breads
- Delivered to your suite Wake-Up Service of home-made danish and hot drinks / juices at 8:00 AM
- Bountiful complimentary breakfasts served 9:00 AM daily
- Optional intimate dining in your own suite (At an additional $20 per room, we bring the candles, linen and fine china right to your table!)
- Private romantic Three-Course Fondue Feast (see our Fondue Dining menu)
- Local wines paired with your dinners upon request. See our wine list
- Continental breakfasts may be requested with early checkouts
During your stay at Cameo Heights Mansion you will experience many opportunities for fine dining. Besides our signature Wake-Up-Service of coffee (or other hot drinks and/or juices) and danish at 8:00 AM delivered to your suite, we have a full complimentary breakfast at 9:00 AM in our dining room.
For your ultimate pleasure and convenience, we also offer the option of exquisite evening dining at our on-site restaurant, "The Vine." Though recently established, it is quickly developing the reputation as the place to go for fine dining. Choosing to dine at The Vine will provide you the experience of the finest gourmet meals ordered off a menu and prepared on-site using fresh ingredients and produce, some of which is grown right here in our own little valley. The dining room of The Vine has a stunning overlook of the serene Walla Walla river valley. You will be seated at one of our chef's tables in full view of the kitchen and watch Chef Penny artfully prepare your cuisine. Seating from 5:30 PM to 8:15 PM, Tue-Sat every week but never on Sunday or Monday, the chef's two days off. Dining is by reservation only.
You may choose any of the dining options except the Fondue Feast in the intimacy of your private suite. (More details on each of these services may be seen by clicking on selections on the drop down options inside the "Dining" button you clicked to get here.)
For reservations at The Vine, call at 509-302-0390 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Vine is the name of our on-site restaurant. Though recently established, it is quickly developing the reputation as the place to go for fine dining. Choosing to dine at The Vine will provide you the experience of the finest gourmet meals ordered off a menu and prepared on-site using fresh ingredients and produce, some of which are grown right here in our own little valley. The dining room of The Vine has a stunning overlook of the serene Walla Walla river valley. You will be seated at one of our chef's tables in full view of the kitchen and watch Chef Penny artfully prepare your cuisine.
Seating from 5:30 PM to 8:15 PM, Tue-Sat every week but never on Sunday or only occasionally on Monday, the chef's two days off. Dining is by reservation only.
OpenTable.com is a prestigious dining club especially in the metropolitan cities of the world. Now they have a presence in metropolis of Walla Walla! We and a few other restaurants in Walla Walla signed up as members in the summer of 2011. Six months later, we were honored with the distinction of being ranked #4 in the Top 10 restaurants in Seattle / Eastern Washington, essentially the whole state of Washington, thanks to the kind reviews from our guests.Visit our site to view the ranking of the top 10 restaurants in the state.
Traveling on Highway 12
1. Exit halfway between mile marker 312 and 313 midway between Pasco and Walla Walla by making a North turn off Highway 12 onto Oasis Road (private road) and continue traveling approximately 1.2 miles.
2. If you are approaching the exit from the West, it will be a left hand turn against opposite traffic in the middle of a sweeping turn on the highway. In heavy traffic or at night, some guests like to drive on ahead 1000 feet where you can turn around and come back to the exit for a simple right hand turn onto the exit ramp.
3. After exiting hwy 12, you will cross the Walla Walla river, a railroad and a cattle guard on the way.
4. After passing the cattle guard, driving a short distance will bring you to a full right hand 90 degree turn.
5. Ignore the immediate steep left hand fork and continue straight ahead.
6. In about 3/4 miles you will see our pink brick Mansion as you climb a gradual rise in the road.
7. In the entry way between two imposing lava rocks, in front of the tall rock on the left hand side, you will see a sign with the house number 1072.
8. Congratulations! You have arrived!