The Mountain Rose Inn Bed & Breakfast
Room 1: Joe's Fishing Place
With a trout stocked stream in our front lawn, the Inn needed to have a room with a fishing theme. Featuring an antique bed, writing desk, and comfy recliner, this room is more tailored in its decor. It is perfect for those who enjoy the outdoors and is a must when planning a special getaway for the man in the family!
Room 2: Daisy's Delight
Named after Joe DeHart's wife, Daisy, this room is a true delight to experience. The four-poster, king bed, gorgeous antique dresser, and other vintage furnishings make this room perfect for those who want to relax in comfort surrounded by reminders of days gone by.
Room 3: Pride of Virginia
Named after the distillery's best whiskey, this second floor room is truly our finest. A hand-carved mahogany, king canopy bed highlights this room. Two private porches leading off each side of the room allow for a wonderful "cottage" feel. This room has one king bed, working fireplace, private bathroom en suite, coffee maker, iPod/CD Player alarm clock, satellite TV and DVD player, plush robes, two private porches.
Room 4: Nature's Song
A six-foot high, carved wood headboard is the focal point of this room, which is designed for nature lovers of all types. This beautiful room offers a scenic view of the Inn's front garden with the rippling creek and a spectacular seat for watching the birds at the back feeder. Touches of the outdoors provides the decor.
Room 5: Heirloom Room
Filled with heirlooms, this elegant first-floor room, decorated in black toile, overlooks the front gardens and the Rock Castle Creek. There is a canopy over the king bed and a little corner "nook" with a comfortable leather chair all set for an afternoon nap.
Amenities and Policies
Following the tradition of Old Joe, we have paid particular attention to designing the guest rooms at our Virginia bed and breakfast to provide every amenity you may need. We are sure that you will find the Blue Ridge Mountains to be a favorite lodging destination.
- Private bathrooms en suite
- Air conditioning
- Thermostat remote controlled gas fireplaces featuring the original hand carved mantles
- Satellite TV with DVD players
- Comfy sheets, quality linens and plush towels
- Comfortable robes
- Private label soaps and shampoos
- Hairdryers coffee makers
- iPod/CD Player alarm clocks
- Individualized lighting for the reading enjoyment of each guest
- Include our delicious four-course breakfast served Monday-Saturday and our continental style breakfast served on Sunday
- In addition to breakfast, afternoon snacks, and beverages are also included (Subject to Virginia's 10% tax and may be changed)
- Seasonal Rates are available Monday-Thursday nights in the months of January, February and March
- Adding a third person to Room 1 or 5 is $20.00 extra (A child is considered a person) None of our rooms will accommodate more than 3 people.
- An air mattress is available for set-up in any room for an additional $20
- Weekly and Monthly rates are available
- Well-behaved children ages 12 and older are welcome
- We cannot accept pets
- A two-night minimum stay is required on weekends all year round (However, check Availability because Thursday-Friday and Saturday-Sunday rentals are common, leaving a single Friday or Saturday open)
- A three-night minimum stay is required on holiday weekends: Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, and Martinsville Race weekends
- Smoking is permitted outside and on the porches only
- Candles are prohibited
- We are inspected according to the policies of our local health department
- Check-in: 4pm-6pm
- Check-out: 11am Monday-Saturday; 10:30am Sunday
- Advanced reservations are recommended
- To book a reservation at the Mountain Rose Inn, the greater of a 50% deposit of the total reservation or a one night's rate is required
- The deposit may be paid by Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express, or by sending a check within seven days of making your reservation
- Spring, Summer, and Fall are particularly busy times; call us as soon as you know of your plans
- Gift Certificates are available and very popular (Order online today)
- Much advance planning and preparation goes into your stay at the Mountain Rose Inn; therefore, we have a 10-day cancellation policy
- We do charge a $20 per-room, per-night handling fee on all cancellations
- If you must cancel your reservation, please contact us at least 10 days prior to your arrival date, and we will refund your deposit minus the cancellation fee
- Cancellations made less than 10 full days before your arrival date will result in the forfeiture of your full deposit
- All "no shows" or cancellations on your arrival date will result in the forfeit of your deposit
- Additionally, you will be responsible for the full payment for the remainder of your reserved stay
- Once checked into the Inn, you are responsible for the full payment for your reserved stay
- Cancellations made by email will not be considered unless you receive an email reply from the Inn
- It is suggested that unless you hear from us by email after canceling, you backup your cancellation by phone
- Inclimate weather at the Inn or the place of origin does not constitute exceptions to the cancellation policy
- Additional policies for group reservations: All group reservations must be cancelled 45 days before your arrival date
- If a group reservation is not cancelled within the cancellation period, the deposit is non-refundable
Peak Weekends Cancellation Policy
- Virginia Tech Graduation, Martinsville Race, all October, and Holiday Weekends, etc.
- All Peak Weekend reservations must be cancelled 30 days in advance
- If a reservation is not cancelled 30 days before your intended arrival, the deposit is non-refundable
- Full payment by credit card, check, or cash is required in advance when reserving the entire Inn (5 rooms) on Peak Weekends (This payment is non-refundable)