The Black Horse Inn Bed & Breakfast
Fun Ways To Get Ready For Your Wedding With Your Bridesmaids 23 Nov 2015, 3:22 pm
The morning of your wedding is bound to be full of nervousness and emotion. Thus, you should definitely do everything you want to make sure you get rid of some of the stress and set yourself in the mood for one of the most important days of your life.
How to have amazing fun with your bridesmaids when you are getting ready? We have gathered some of the best tips – so read on if you want to find out more.
- Give them the outfits. Want to offer your bridesmaids some cute gifts before the Big Day? There are a lot of “outfit” ideas you could use when getting ready. Personalized bathrobes, T-shirts, trainers or button-down shirts are some of the options you have at hand – and they can all be really cute and amazingly fun as well.
- Set the tone. Play some music and shake off all that stress! There’s absolutely nobody to stop you from actually dancing a bit – it will relax you, it will put everyone in “party mood” and it will make for some really nice memories too.
- Pamper yourselves. Sure, you may have thought of hiring a makeup artist and/or a hair stylist for yourself, but why not do the same for your bridesmaids as well? They will definitely appreciate a bit of pampering before your Big Day and they will feel gorgeous walking down the aisle to announce the “Queen of the Day” – you.
Here at Black Horse Inn, we are more than happy to accommodate a wide range of wedding ideas – so if you are searching for a unique wedding venue full of grace, elegance and history, we are the ones. Come visit us, take a look at our venue, at the rooms we can offer and at the marvelous surroundings and you will definitely love us!
Bold Purple + Teal Watercolor Inspiration Wedding Colors 16 Nov 2015, 3:45 pm
Choosing the perfect wedding color scheme is really important if you want your wedding to look truly beautiful. Bold purple + teal watercolor is a really popular combination these days – and not without reason. Powerful, yet extremely stylish and gentle, this color combination is perfect for fall and winter weddings- so if you are still searching for a color scheme, this could definitely be the one.
Here are some wonderful ways to incorporate bold purple and teal watercolor into your Big Day:
- Purple boutonniere and teal tie. Your groom will want to look nice and having him wear a beautiful purple boutonniere with a teal tie (or bow-tie) will be an excellent way to make sure his attire is well incorporated into the entire wedding theme.
- Purple bouquet and teal shoes. Your look should be in accordance with the wedding color scheme too! Talk to your florist about creating a stunning bouquet with purple and delicate white and pink flowers. Also, make your shoes your “Something Blue” by dressing them up in a stylish pair of teal-colored pumps. For an extra dash of glamor, have the sole of your shoes painted with glittery purple. It will look so gorgeous!
- White, purple and teal tables. Have your tables covered in white table linens and teal table runners. Pair this with teal and white tableware (one white plate, one teal plate, and so on). Accessorize everything with table centerpieces that combine bold purple and white flowers. Your guests will love sitting at these beautiful tables!
Still searching for a wedding venue where all of your wedding ideas could become reality? Contact Black Horse Inn! Embraced by history and the beautiful natural surroundings of Northern Virginia, our venue could be the one! Come visit us, see everything with your own eyes and convince yourself!
5 Thanksgiving Wedding Proposal Ideas 9 Nov 2015, 2:56 pm
Thanksgiving is just a couple of weeks away – and with it, we are all looking forward to a beautiful season of celebrations and weddings. Have you decided to pop the Big Question on Thanksgiving? If so, you definitely know that this is one of the most romantic and beautiful ways to do it.
However, how can you make this moment even more special?
We have gathered some of the most unique thanksgiving wedding proposal ideas – so read on if you want to find out more.
- Special dessert. This is a classic way to propose to the one you love, so why not include it in your Thanksgiving dinner? Prepare something special for her and place your ring on top of it. When you bring in the treat, place it in front of her with the ring to be seen and get to one knee to pop the big question.
- Champagne ribbon. Tie ribbons to every glass of champagne and add the engagement ring to one of the ribbons. Make sure it gets to her when the champagne toast time comes and be ready to pop the question as soon as she sees it.
- Giving thanks. When the time comes for each of the guests to say what they are thankful for, speak about how happy you are to have your loved one beside you. Then, get into one knee and ask her to marry you.
- The after-treat. Once all the dishes are done, offer yourself to bring something from the kitchen. Come with two cups of delicious hot chocolate or wine and a small plate with sweet treats on it. Place your engagement ring box in the middle of the plate, get to one knee when you reach your loved one and ask the big question.
- The turkey wishbone. Plan ahead and talk to your Thanksgiving party guests about allowing you to take the turkey wishbone. Split it with your loved one and see who gets the part with the joint. If you are the one who wins, get into one knee and say that your wish was that she shares the rest of her life with you. If she wins, tell her you want to make all her wishes come true and propose to her.
Black Horse Inn loves weddings and proposals in all their forms – and this is precisely why we have prepared a superb venue for the couples who choose us. Come visit us, take a look at what we offer and book us for your Big Day! You will love every second of it!
Photo Credit: Rick Martin Photography
‘Back to the Future’ Wedding Ideas 2 Nov 2015, 6:21 pm
As one of the most popular movies of the moment, ‘Back to the Future’ has inspired many of us. And yet, what some of you may not have thought of is that this famous movie can also be a great source of inspiration for a wedding.
How to include it in your Big Day? What are the best ‘Back to the Future” wedding ideas? We have gathered some suggestions to inspire you – so read on if you want to find out more.
- Save the Date cards. Blow some ‘Back to the Future’ inspiration into your Save the Date cards to let your guests know that this is going to be the party of the century – and that you’re big fans of the movie too. From recreating scenes from the movie to including motifs everyone will recognize, there’s a huge number of possibilities – and your creativity is the only limit you have.
- Add a bit of fun and humor to your wedding cake by centering it around the ‘Back to the Future’ theme. Choose a fun-colored topping for your cake and a cute cake topper to imitate your favorite characters from this movie. Romantic, sweet and so adorable nobody will be able to resist this cake!
- Make a grand exit from your wedding in a car that imitates the ‘Back to the Future’ one. This will be a memorable moment your guests will love so much! Plus, it will look fun and spectacular in your wedding photo album too!
Here at Black Horse Inn, we love creative ideas – and more than anything, we love true love stories and how they reveal themselves to us. Come visit our beautiful venue, see what we can offer for your Big Day and book us for the kind of wedding your guests will always remember as one of the most beautiful ones they have ever attended!
Everything You Need to Know When Planning a Destination Wedding At The Black Horse Inn 26 Oct 2015, 3:58 pm
Here at Black Horse Inn, we love it when couples choose us for their Big Day. We love to be part of their amazing love story and we love to be among those who will make their wedding unforgettable and magical.
What to you need to know when planning a destination wedding at the Black Horse Inn? We have gathered some of the most important tips for you to know – so read on and find out more.
- Our venue is perfect for a destination wedding. Romantic and timeless, our location will make for a weekend everyone invited will remember for a long time from now on. If you are searching for a place that will embrace your wedding and make it feel as if it was torn out of a fairy tale, we are the answer you need.
- Black Horse Inn has 10 amazing rooms ready to host your guests. Each and every single one of the rooms is decorated and equipped with the best pieces to make your guests’ stay here absolutely marvelous. From romantic fireplaces to relaxing Jacussi hot tubs, we have them all, so that you and your closest friends and relatives really have the time of your life during your stay here.
- To help with your destination wedding planning, we will put a professional wedding planner and day-of coordinator at your disposal. This will help you get rid of some of the stress associated with planning the Big Day long-distance, so that you can truly enjoy every second of it without worrying about anything.
Black Horse Inn is one of the most well-known event and wedding venues in North Virginia – and not without reason. Come visit us in person, take a look at the amazing place we have built here and you will definitely want to book us for your wedding!
5 Common Wedding Ceremony Pitfalls — and How to Avoid Them 19 Oct 2015, 4:31 pm
Your wedding ceremony is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of event. Magical, whimsical and completely unique, the big “I Do” needs to be perfect. And yet, there are many things that could go wrong…
What are the most common wedding ceremony pitfalls and, more importantly, how to avoid them? Read here and find out more.
Bad weather. No matter how much you plan for the Big Day, there’s one thing you really cannot plan for: rainy days. Make sure you have a backup plan in store, just in case it rains on your wedding day and you want to have an outdoor ceremony.
Gifts. Sure, receiving gifts at your wedding is not a pitfall – not at all, actually. But not making sure your guests have a place to put the gifts in case they show up with them at the reception is a pitfall. Arrange a nice table and allow your guests to place their gifts next to the wedding programs.
- Improper sound systems. Even a small brisk of wind can ruin your officiant’s speech and your wedding band’s performance, so you should definitely make sure they are properly equipped with wireless microphones and windproof speakers.
- Not enough seats. You might be tempted to think you need as many seats as guests you have, but that’s not entirely true. Chances are the early arrivals will leave empty seats between them and the guests who arrive late will choose to stand, rather than disrupt everything. Plan on having at least 10-20% more seats at the wedding.
- Not rehearsing. There’s a very good reason everyone these days chooses to have a rehearsal – and that’s because it’s actually needed. Take your rehearsal very seriously, so that both you and your wedding party know exactly what needs to be done on the wedding day.
Here at Black Horse Inn, we want your wedding to be the most pleasant experience of your entire life. And this is precisely why we have created a wedding venue that’s simply picture-perfect. Come visit us and book us for an unforgettable wedding day!
Winter Wedding Themes to Truly Inspire You 12 Oct 2015, 2:36 pm
Winter weddings are fabulous in their own right – and everyone loves them for their uniqueness and for their elegance too. If you have your heart set on a winter wedding, make sure you choose a suitable theme for it, so that you plan every other detail according to specific motifs. What are some of the most beautiful winter wedding themes? We have gathered a bunch of ideas to inspire you – so read on if you want to find out more.
- The Classics. Winter Wonderland, New Year’s Eve and Christmas-themed weddings tend to be very popular in this season – and not without reason. Elegant or very cozy, magnificent or full of warmth, these themes are great for those of you who want to be a bit more “traditional” about your winter wedding themes.
- Rustic winter wedding. Just because an indoor wedding is the best option for the cold season, it doesn’t mean you cannot go “full rustic” with your Big Day. Pinecones, Christmas tree branches, stumps and other rustic elements would look stunning with a winter wedding, so there’s absolutely no need to hesitate.
- Russian beauty. Have you always been in love with Anastasia’s story? Why not bring bits and pieces of that magical fairy tale into your Big Day? From wearing a fur cape to decorating the entire venue with crystals torn out of a palace, there are a lot of gorgeous motifs that work with this kind of wedding theme – so don’t be afraid to get wildly creative about it.
Want your wedding to be superb? Searching for the perfect venue to accommodate all your wedding ideas? Contact Black Horse Inn and come visit us to see what we offer. There’s no way not to be charmed by our stunning wedding venue in Warrenton, Virginia!
What does your wedding ring say about you? 5 Oct 2015, 1:47 pm
Your wedding ring is more than just a piece of jewelry. It is an everlasting symbol of your never-ending love and commitment to each other. It is a magic “knot” that will always bring the two of you together. It is the ultimate social “sign” that you have a family of your own.
Beyond all these things, what does your wedding ring say about you, though? We have gathered some ideas you might want to keep in mind, so read on if you want to find out more.
- Yellow gold is one of the most common precious metals used in creating wedding rings – so if you have chosen it for your rings as well, you most likely value the idea of having a traditional family.
- White gold, platinum and rose gold are not as common as yellow gold, but the number of couples choosing them for their rings is slowly increasing. Unique and classy, these metals are excellent if you want to be timelessly elegant, but if you don’t want to be too
- Colorful stones. Most of the times, couples choose wedding rings in very simple designs. Some choose to have their wedding date, names or other meaningful details engraved on their rings. And there are also people who choose to have colorful stones for their wedding rings. Most of the times, these people have bubbly personalities, are full of life and are very unique as well.
Regardless of what type of wedding ring you may have chosen for the Big Day, rest assured that it will be more than “suitable” for Black Horse Inn – one of the most beautiful wedding venues in all of Virginia. Come visit us, see what we offer and we guarantee you’ll want to book us for your wedding day!
How to Pick the Perfect Wedding Gown for a Vintage Wedding 28 Sep 2015, 5:06 pm
There’s no doubt over the fact that vintage weddings are highly popular these days. And truly, there’s no reason not to love them! Classy, unique and full of grace, these weddings tend to be a huge success with everyone – so if you are planning a vintage wedding yourself, you should be in for some great fun.
How to choose an adequate dress, though? Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Be very specific. Don’t think “vintage” as a general theme, but go deeper into the options you have and settle on a particular decade. From the 1920s to the 1990s, every decade offers something unique in terms of weddings and styles, so you will have plenty of variants to choose from.
- Your dress should not only be vintage, but it should be inspired by the specific decade you want your wedding to be “set” in. Thus, if you choose to have a classy 1920s wedding, your dress should be opulent, luxurious and it should at least feature elements typical of the fashion in that age (such as the birdcage veil, for example).
- You can buy an original vintage wedding. However, keep in mind that there are plenty of other options too. For instance, you could buy a modern dress that has certain elements specific of the your wedding theme’s age (opulence and certain cuts for the 20s, flower-power designs for the 70s, and so on). The key lies in finding these elements and in putting them together as harmoniously as possible.
Here at Black Horse Inn, we are proud to host the most unique and unforgettable weddings in Virginia. Come visit us, take a look at our versatile, elegant wedding venue and you will definitely fall in love with our offer!
Is it Tacky to Plan a Choreographed Dance With Your Wedding Party? 21 Sep 2015, 3:23 pm
Your First Dance is a truly emotional moment – and you will naturally want for it to be perfect from every single point of view. This is precisely why many brides and grooms choose to take dance lessons for this special part of their wedding, actually.
How tacky is it to plan a choreographed dance with your wedding, party though? We have gathered some of the best tips you should know about this – so read on if you want to find out more:
- There is no definite answer to this. Some choreographed danced can look tacky if they are too long and if they are not properly prepared. However, if you have an original idea that involves a choreographed dance with your bridesmaids and groomsmen, you can definitely include it in your special reception moments.
- Keep in mind that a choreographed dance will take a lot of your time if you want everything to be flawless. The last thing you want is a choreographed dance that turns into a disaster! Work hard, hire a specialist to teach you all some moves and you will be more than able to pull off a memorable moment.
- Last, but not least, remember that you should make sure your dance floor is adequate for this kind of dances. Think things through, think of how many bridesmaids and groomsmen you have and think of a choreography that includes everyone without making them stumble upon each other. While a dance floor can most likely “accommodate” a lot more guests, a choreographed dance may need a bit more space – so take this into consideration as well.
Here at Black Horse Inn, we are proud of the fact that our marvelous venue can accommodate a wide range of wedding ideas. Come visit us, take a look around and see what we can offer! You will definitely be enchanted!