The Black Horse Inn Bed & Breakfast
5 Thing NOT to do When Having an Outdoor Wedding 27 Jul 2015, 12:27 pm
Outdoor weddings are absolutely amazing – but they need to be planned out the right way if you want to make sure everything is perfect both for you and for your guests. Following, we have gathered some of the most important outdoor wedding don’ts – so read on if you want your Big Day to be flawless from all points of view.
- Don’t limit yourself to one type of location. When searching for the perfect venue, make sure you don’t limit yourself to one type of location only. There are so many outdoor venues to choose from! From vineyards to backyards and from large, opulent gardens to small family-owned outdoor venues, there’s a myriad of options to choose from and it would be a real pity not to take them into consideration.
- Don’t allow your guests to be uncomfortable in any way. Provide them with insect repellents, water, shade and even sunglasses if you think it will be sunny outside. Even more, if you want a very casual affair, you can also provide them with comfy flip-flops – especially if you plan on having an outdoor beach wedding.
- Don’t forget that timing is of the essence – both when it comes to the atmosphere you want to create at your wedding and when it comes to the photos. Time the Big Day right and the sunlight will be on your side!
- Don’t be exaggeratedly formal. Outdoor weddings tend to be rather casual and informal and even if you do want an elegant wedding, you should still consider the fact that it will not be the same as a formal, indoor ballroom wedding would be.
- Don’t allow your party to be crashed. Unless you are having your wedding in a more confined outdoor venue, it is likely that curious passersby will want to sneak in and party along – even if they don’t actually know you. Ask your bridesmaids, your groomsmen and your catering service providers to be on the lookout for anyone who appears to be a stranger so that you can politely invite them out if you don’t know them.
If you are searching for a magnificent wedding venue and if you want your Big Day to be flawless, come visit Black Horse Inn. Embraced by the marvelous nature of Savannah and by the amazing history behind our location, our venue is here to host your unforgettable wedding day! Come visit us and book us for a truly unique wedding!
Bridesmaids, Here Are Some Last Minute Things to Do Before You Walk Down the Aisle 20 Jul 2015, 2:01 pm
Being a bridesmaid is a huge honor – but, like everything else in life, it comes with responsibilities too. What are the most important things you should not forget to do before you walk down the aisle as a bridesmaid? Read here and find out more:
- Make sure your feet are comfortable. It is very likely that blisters will start to appear during the ceremony – so you should do everything in your means to prevent this from happening. And if lining your shoes with Band-Aids is what it takes to avoid pain during your best friend’s big moment, then you should definitely do it.
- Re-touch your makeup and lipstick. No matter how persistent your lipstick may be, re-touching it before walking down the aisle will be necessary because it will make you look refreshed and it will boost your self-confidence.
- Help the bride relax. Her nerves are probably stretched at their maximum, so having someone there to simply be a friend, to offer her a sip of water and a tissue will be golden for her.
- Put your phone on silent mode. Really, it’s pretty impolite when a guest leaves his/her phone on and it rings during the ceremony – but when a member of the bridal party does this, it is extremely rude and inconsiderate. Double-check and make sure your phone is muted before you make the first step on the aisle.
Here at Black Horse Inn, we love weddings – and you can see this from the way we treat all the couples who rent our venue for their Big Day. Come visit us, take a look at our beautiful historical venue and you will definitely love what you see!
4 Things Every Summer Bride Should Know Before Planning Her Wedding 13 Jul 2015, 2:01 pm
With summer here in full force, many brides-to-be are eagerly looking forward to their weddings. What is it that every summer bride should know before planning her Big Day, though? We have gathered 4 of the most important tips – so read on if you want to find out more.
- Remember to keep yourself and your guests hydrated and shaded. The warm sunlight can be really nice, but it can be truly harmful as well. Prepare water bottles and/or ice tea for the ceremony and make sure you provide your guests with options to cool off as well (such as offering them paper fans instead of a traditional wedding program, for example).
- Prepare your body for the heat too. Apply sunscreen on all skin areas that may be affected by the sun, use anti-perspirant for your feet and moisturize your hair with a spray that will prevent it from getting frizzy as a result of the humidity. Also, remind yourself to put some blotting papers in your purse as well because this will help you freshen up without ruining your makeup.
- Talk to your wedding caterer about how they plan to keep the food fresh. It is important that you rest assured that they will only use fresh ingredients and that they will know how to preserve it so that it doesn’t go bad during the wedding.
- Don’t forget to bring some of the most pleasant summer treats into your wedding too. For instance, serving your guests with delicious ice cream will be more than appreciated and it will be a unique idea that will make your wedding truly unforgettable!
Here at Black Horse Inn, we always go above and beyond to make sure our brides and grooms are happy with what our venue has provided them for the Big Day. Contact us, visit us and convince yourself that we are the very best option for you!
5 Looks to Inspire Brides 6 Jul 2015, 1:54 pm
Considering the fact that your wedding is a truly once-in-a-lifetime event, you want to look drop-dead gorgeous – and that’s perfectly understandable. If you are searching for some gorgeous ideas to inspire your wedding look, make sure to read on because we have gathered the latest (and most glamorous) red carpet ideas.
- Nina Dobrev’s look at the 2015 CFDA Awards. This year, Nina Dobrev wore two fabulous separates made out of a simple, elegant top and a long, feathery skirt that made her look truly unique.
- Reese Witherspoon’s look at the Hot Pursuit Mexico City Photocall. If you are looking for a more modern look, this is what you need. Reese’s short, asymmetrical, geometrical dress is absolutely perfect for an elegant and stylish city wedding!
- Selita Ebanks’ look at the Africa Gala and Runway Show. Somewhere in between “modern” and “princess-like”, Selita’s dress is a fabulous choice for a contemporary bride. The long dress comes in a very stylish, modern design, so it will be more than suitable for those of you who want to make a true fashion statement at your wedding.
- Kim Kardashian’s wedding dress. Now, this is probably one of the most fantastic wedding apparitions of the last decades – so it definitely receives a well-deserved place in our top. Stunning and unforgettable, Kim’s look will definitely inspire you to create a shockingly sophisticated look for your Big Day.
- Solange Knowles’ wedding look. Solange showed the world that style really runs in the Knowles family – and her wedding will inspire you to create a minimalist, stylish and truly unique look for the most beautiful day of your life.
If you are still searching for a wedding venue, come visit Black Horse Inn. We are surrounded by grace, natural beauty and fantastic history – so our venue will be more than suitable for an unforgettable Big Day! Contact us and find out more about us!
Do You Have to Take Your Husband’s Last Name? 29 Jun 2015, 11:27 am
Traditional wedding and marriage-related concepts are slowly changing, as society heads towards a more equalitarian point of view. However, it is up to each couple whether or not they choose to go with the trend or stick with the more traditional views on marriage.
For instance, if you are among the many brides-to-be wondering if you have to take your husband’s last name, you should know that this decision pertains to you and your future spouse – and to nobody else.
What are some of the things to keep in mind when it comes to this? Read on and find out more.
- You don’t have to take your husband’s last name. But it is frequently thought to be easier this way when it comes to the raising children in the future (for instance, when going on trips, it will be easier for you to have the same name). Furthermore, many women see this as a way to show the world that they and the men they love have become a family.
- You may have your own reasons not to take your husband’s name. For example, if you have made a name for yourself and if you want people to still recognize you by your old name, it is more than acceptable not to take your husband’s name.
- Some ladies also choose to merge the two names together. Most often, this is the perfect “compromise” between keeping your name and taking your husband’s name as well and it also works quite alright if you want to create a special monogram for your family too.
If you are still looking for the perfect wedding venue to host the most beautiful day of your life, come visit Black Horse Inn. Surrounded by nature and history, our venue is perfect for unforgettable weddings – call us and see for yourself!
4 Ways to Handle a Difficult Bridesmaid 22 Jun 2015, 2:14 pm
Every bride wants to be the Queen of her Big Day – but this also means having the right attendants by your side too. Keep this in mind though: no matter how great a friend your bridesmaids may be, there may still be times when you will have to deal with a more difficult attitude. What to do then? How to make sure you keep your friendship and that you gracefully handle a difficult bridesmaid? We have gathered 4 of the most useful tips – so make sure to read on if you want to find out more.
- Be open and talk to them. Communication is key in every single relationship – including the one between you and your bridesmaids. If you feel that one of your special ladies has stepped over the line, simply talk to them and try to see if there’s an actual reason they did that (and if you could do something about it).
- Spend time with the other bridesmaids. If you have a bridesmaid that always seems to be negative, simply stop spending as much time with her. Sure, this may be your Big Day, but your bridesmaids’ lives are moving on as well and she may be going through a rough time.
- Be considerate of your bridesmaids from the very beginning. Remember, these ladies are spending their time and their money to be there for you on your Big Day. Thus, you should show them some consideration too. Choose dresses that are not very expensive and be delicate with those bridesmaids who may simply not afford all paying for all of the bridesmaids costs. Also, make sure to choose dresses that suit multiple body types (or to allow the ladies to pick their own designs).
- Think before you fight. Most likely, you have chosen a particular person to be your bridesmaid because she means a lot to you. Before you get into a fight with her or before you tell her to step down from her role, make sure to take this into consideration. Decide if it wouldn’t be better for both of you to leave this discussion until after the wedding.
Black Horse Inn is a wonderful wedding venue located in Virginia. We will provide you with history, grace, elegance and a natural landscape worthy of a Hollywood movie – just come and take a look around. We guarantee you will absolutely love what we have to offer!
Outdoor Bridal Shower on a Budget 16 Jun 2015, 5:06 pm
Weddings tend to be quite expensive – and not just for the bride and groom, but for all the other people who are part of the wedding party too. If you want to plan an outdoor bridal shower on a budget, you should definitely know that this can be done. Here are some great tips to help you plan your friend’s or relative’s outdoor bridal shower on a budget:
- You don’t have to serve expensive food. Remember, this party is not even meant to be as elegant and as expensive as the wedding itself, so finger foods will be more than suitable. Plus, there are a lot of variations when it comes to finger foods and they are more than delicious too – so you will have a lot of options to choose from.
- Furthermore, you don’t need expensive décor either. If you plan an outdoor bridal shower, the landscape surrounding you will be more than enough when it comes to the décor. Also, you can successfully replace expensive flower arrangements with flower bouquets bought from the local greenhouse – and they will look more than beautiful too!
- Last, but definitely not least, don’t forget about the lighting. The best way to bring some light into an outdoor bridal shower is by using paper lanterns. They are completely inexpensive and, with a bit of creativity and time, you can actually create your own, at home (and you can personalize them according to the bridal shower theme too).
If your friend or relative is searching for a gorgeous wedding venue for her Big Day, make sure to suggest her Black Horse Inn. Surrounded by natural beauty and with a marvelous history behind it, our venue makes for unforgettable weddings all year round – and it is more than likely that your friend will love what we offer!
5 Cool Ways to Serve Beer at Your Wedding 8 Jun 2015, 2:04 pm
While weddings are generally considered to be “formal” and “elegant” events, the truth is that there’s nothing stopping you from serving beer at your wedding too. What are some of the coolest ways to do this? Black Horse Inn has gathered some really nice ideas – so make sure to read on if you want some inspiration.
- · Be 100% unique. If you want to, you can brew your own beer at home and serve it in personalized bottles. This way, your guests will have a taste of something that is really unique and natural – and they will definitely love it too.
- · Get Stylish kegs. To add some style to a dull keg, you can decorate it with flowers. Also, you could ask your caterer about the option of providing you with keg barrels, which work perfectly especially in a rustic/country wedding décor.
- · Choose a special container. If you don’t want to serve keg beer, you could always invest in a special container (such as barrels, a wooden boat or any other container able to hold ice and large amounts of beer bottles). This will contribute a lot to your décor and it will surely add a special “tone” that will be more than appreciated.
- · Create a special DIY bar. People love DIY bars – so why not make one focused on beer? This is a really fun idea and your guests will definitely love to prepare their own beer mixes at your wedding reception.
- · Organize a craft beer tasting. If you know some of your guests are big fans of this drink, why not organize a craft beer tasting at your wedding? This will be really fun and it will definitely stick to your guests’ memories as one of the best wedding activities ever!
Regardless of the drinks you want to serve at your wedding and regardless of what décor you want to choose for it, don’t forget to visit Black Horse Inn when searching for the perfect venue. Versatile, elegant and full of history, our wedding venue always makes for unforgettable weddings – so you will definitely be enchanted by what we can offer!
Should You Offer Wedding Favors For Kids? 1 Jun 2015, 12:20 pm
Your wedding is a joyous, beautiful event for everyone who will be there for you – including the little ones. If you plan on having kids invited at your wedding, offering them special wedding favors is a great way of showing them just how important it is for you that they are there. What are some of the best and most beautiful wedding favors for kids? Read here and inspire yourself:
- Sweet treats. We have yet to meet someone in the world who doesn’t love a delicious, sweet treat – and kids definitely do not make an exception from this rule. Although their parents may not be overly delighted with the “sugar extra” you will be offering their kids, they will surely understand that this is a special occasion. Mini-caramel apples, mini cookies and mini candy bars are excellent ideas for your young guests, but there are many other sweet treats you can use too.
- Coloring book. Create a custom coloring book for your wedding and pack it beautifully with some crayons and colored pencils. This is not only be something kids will actually enjoy, but it will also keep them busy during the wedding too (so they’ll have tons of fun).
- Pinwheel pots. Kids love colors and pinwheels are an explosion of color that takes place right under their noses. “Plant” some pretty pinwheels in some lightweight pots and offer them to the kids that come to your wedding!
Regardless of what wedding favors you choose for your guests (be them young or old), Black Horse Inn will make for the perfect venue choice. Surrounded by the gorgeousness of nature and by a beautiful history, our wedding venue is here for your Big Day. Contact us and find out more about what we can offer!
Common Money Mistakes Newlyweds Make 26 May 2015, 5:06 pm
We all make mistakes – but the good news is that this is how we learn. Of course, money mistakes make absolutely no exception from this rule and there are a lot of newlyweds who can actually confirm this to you. What are some of the most common money mistakes a lot of newlyweds make? Read on, find out more and try to avoid them too!
- Of course, everyone fights and it’s quite natural. However, fighting over your finances instead of trying to actually fix your problems is a huge mistake because it will never lead to anything good. In fact, it will actually deepen the communication problems and it will never actually solve the issue that was at the very foundation of the fight in the first place.
- Not having a budget. Creating a budget and sticking to it is very important regardless of whether you are newlyweds or if you have been married for decades. This will help you save money for all the things you want to do and see and it will also help you avoid fighting over money too.
- Not having any kind of emergency fund. You do need it. You may think that nothing bad could happen to you in an unexpected way, but the harsh truth is that it can Make sure to save money for the rainy days and you will not have to face financial issues that are more serious than this.
If you are still planning your wedding and if you want your wedding venue to be classy, beautiful and more than versatile, make sure to check with Black Horse Inn. Surrounded by gorgeous nature and amazing history, our venue will make for the kind of wedding none of your guests will ever forget!