The Black Horse Inn Bed & Breakfast
10 Creative Table Names Ideas 26 Jan 2015, 9:02 am
Although table names would generally be considered to be the kind of small detail that doesn’t bear a very important role in the wedding, the truth may be different. In fact, table names can help you get rid of that sense of hierarchy table numbers give and it can help you make all guests feel equally important for you as the hosts of this reception. Furthermore, table names can contribute a lot to your wedding theme too – so there’s absolutely no reason not to use them. To help you out, we have gathered 10 creative table names ideas to inspire you, so make sure to read on and find out more.
- Names of places you like. You can either choose actual places around the city where you live (parks, museums, attractions, etc.) or you can choose city names you like or that are related to your relationship too.
- Names of movies you like. For a vintage-themed wedding, you can choose the names of those vintage movies you both enjoy. For a Hollywood-themed wedding, you can simply use movies you have watched and enjoyed too. Also, you can use the actual movie poster or an image related to each movie for the table name card as well.
- Transportation maps of every big city in the world (Paris, London, Rome, New York, Los Angeles and so on). If you are people who like to travel, this would make a lot of sense and it could complement your wedding with a personal touch everyone will appreciate.
- Features of your honeymoon destination. For instance, if you plan on traveling to an exotic beach destination, you could use names and images of palm trees to name your tables. Also, if you plan on traveling to Europe, you could use attractions there as your table names as well.
- Names of sports or famous sportsmen can work amazingly for table names and they can give that “groom’s touch” that reveals just how well-balanced your relationship is.
- Local natural attractions. If you want a rustic wedding and if you want to show just how pride you are of the local natural beauties, you can definitely use their pictures/names to replace the traditional table numbers.
- Features of the season you are in. For instance, if you plan on having a spring wedding, you could make a list of all the things that are very much connected to spring (blossom trees, Easter, and so on) and you could use these as your table names.
- Disney princesses/fairy tales. If you want a wedding inspired by the beautiful Disney fairy tales, this is one of the best ways to incorporate this theme into your reception.
- Names of bands, songs, albums and instruments can provide you with great inspiration for your wedding table names, so don’t be afraid to get creative about it –especially if you are both the kind who enjoy listening to (or even playing) music.
- Personal touchy photographs. If you want to add a sentimental touch to your wedding, this is the perfect way to do it. Photos of your parents getting married, of you turning 18 or graduating, the first photo you have taken with your fiancé – all these moments are beautiful and emotional and photos of them can make for great table names.
For a wedding as unique and beautiful as your own love story, come visit Black Horse Inn. Our historical venue and the stunning natural setting surrounding it will definitely make for an unforgettable wedding day!
Strawberries and Chocolate – Wedding Favors Ideas 19 Jan 2015, 7:13 am
Wedding favors come in many shapes and colors – but the truth is that edible favors will always be among the most popular ones. If you want your wedding to be special for everyone and if you want your guests to genuinely enjoy their wedding favors, why not settle for one of the following strawberries and chocolate ideas? Romantic, sweet and full of flavor, these favors will steal everyone’s hearts away!
- White and black chocolate-covered strawberries. Offer each of your guests a “pair” of strawberries covered in white and black chocolate and decorated as the “bride” and “groom”. This is a really cute and delicious treat everybody at your wedding will enjoy!
- Chocolate-covered strawberry shots. Cover your strawberries in chocolate and fill them in with vanilla vodka shots. Serve them to your wedding guests as such or pack them nicely for a wedding favor they will not forget very soon!
- Strawberry and chocolate cupcakes. If you want your wedding favors to be a bit more complex than simple chocolate-covered strawberries, go for cupcakes. The greatest thing about these little desserts is that they can be customized anyway you like – so don’t be afraid to use your creativity when incorporating delicious strawberries and chocolate in your wedding favor cupcakes.
- Strawberry macaroons with chocolate filling. For an even fancier sweet wedding favor, talk to your pastry chef about the option of creating some delicious strawberry macaroons filled with chocolate. Pack them in nicely decorated bags and your guests will love them so much they will definitely ask for the recipe!
Black Horse Inn could be your ideal venue for the Big Day. Located in a historic area and surrounded by the stunning beauty of Mother Nature, our wedding venue truly makes for weddings that are simply unforgettable!
How to choose a wedding color you will love forever 12 Jan 2015, 4:50 pm
Every single wedding-related decision can feel like a true maze you can’t get out of – and even more so when you don’t even know where to start. Choosing a wedding color is probably one of the most difficult wedding decisions you have to make – but it is definitely a necessary one, especially considering the fact that it will influence the entire décor.
How do you do it? How do you choose a wedding color – and make sure you will love it years from now as well? Here are some tips to help you out:
- What is the atmosphere you want to create at the wedding? For example, pastels tend to be romantic, gentle and peaceful and bright colors tend to be bolder, more daring and livelier as well. Also, cold colors (such as blue or green) create a sense of relaxation, while warm colors (such as yellow or red) are more energetic and passionate.
- Think of the season and wedding theme because they will inspire you. In general, you will not see many weddings created around crude green when it’s autumn outside – and you will not see red-deep green-white combinations in the middle of August either. The season and the wedding theme can really help you narrow down the list of possibilities.
- Wedding trends are fine, but make sure you don’t guide yourself exclusively by them. No wedding trendsetter will ever be able to tell you what you want for your own wedding. Choose those trends that truly fit you and only do it once you have a broad idea of what kind of colors you are looking for.
- Take the venue into consideration. Most of the venues are designed to be quite versatile, but make sure you do take a closer look at your chosen venue and see if your ideal wedding color fits there.
For instance, here at Black Horse Inn, we know just how important it can be for every bride to feel like her wedding is truly personal. For this reason, we have created a venue able to go well with many colors and themes – so that you can truly have the wedding you have always dreamed of!
Should I Have A Wedding Dinner? 5 Jan 2015, 7:08 am
Of all the things that make for wonderful weddings, food is not the least important one – not even by far. In fact, most of the brides and grooms will consider food to be one of the key components of their weddings and they will pay a lot of attention to how they choose it.
If you haven’t decided on your wedding food yet, one of the main questions you might be asking yourself is whether or not you should have a wedding dinner. A full-course dinner comes both with advantages and disadvantages and you should consider both of them when deciding on something. Read on and find out more about the main ideas to take into consideration when choosing your wedding food:
- Will your wedding be a very formal one? Or will it be a more casual event? If you decide on the first option, a full-course dinner will be more appropriate.
- How much can you afford to spend on your wedding food? In general, wedding dinners are more expensive than serving hors d’oeuvres. However, keep in mind that this depends A LOT on what exactly you are serving. If you plan on serving your guests with rare, exquisite foods, even hors d’oeuvres can end up costing a lot.
- If you have decided that a wedding dinner is more suitable for your Big Day, think of whether you would like it to be a buffet dinner or a sit-down meal where guests are served by waiters. The first option might be less expensive, but the latter will definitely be the most elegant thing you can choose.
Regardless of the type of food you choose to serve, don’t forget to take Black Horse Inn into consideration. Our beautiful venue is versatile and romantic – and it will definitely make for an unforgettable wedding day!
Things NOT to Do After Your Engagement 29 Dec 2014, 7:46 am
The moment you say “Yes” is also the very first step you make towards wedding planning. However, keep in mind the fact that not everything has to be done right after the engagement proper. What are the things you should not do after your engagement? Here are some of the most important ones:
Choosing your bridesmaids. There’s no rush when it comes to choosing your attendants. You don’t have to do it right away. Take your time, consider the options and make sure you make this moment as special as possible.
- You should really avoid moving house any time between the engagement and the wedding. Specialists consider that moving and getting married are among life’s most stressful events. You definitely don’t want to make a “cocktail” of these two!
- Doing anything that will change your schedule a lot. This is definitely not the right time for a career change and not the right time to buy a puppy either. Avoid anything that will change your usual schedule because, as you might expect it, your wedding planning will take quite a lot of your spare time as it is.
- Over-spending. We know it feels very tempting to “treat” your anxiety with a new pair of designer shoes or with a very expensive trip to Paris, but save these for the “after-wedding” period. Your Big Day will probably come with a lot of expenses and you should really try to save as much money as you can.
- Worrying too much. We know planning a wedding can be stressful (and downright confusing at times), but try not to stress out too much. It is of the utmost importance that you keep your clear thinking if you want this event to turn out exactly as planned.
Also, don’t forget not to postpone choosing a venue. Once you have a draft of your wedding guest list, make sure you go out and “hunt” for the perfect location. Here at Black Horse Inn, we can provide you with a wonderful venue surrounded by stunning landscape. Come visit us and see for yourself!
Tools To Help You Plan Your Dream Wedding 22 Dec 2014, 8:18 am
Most ladies dream about their wedding day ever since they are little – and yet, none of us actually think of the “technicalities” behind how we are even going to make this happen. Truth be told, there must be a thousand and one details a bride has to take care of – and if you add the fact that most of us work on a wedding budget too, you’ve got a cocktail that could eventually lead you to a nervous breakdown.
Dream weddings don’t just happen – they are created and planned step by step. While this may be quite time (and energy) consuming, the good news is that there are lots of “tools” you can use when planning your dream wedding – and they will prove more than useful too. Here are some of our favorites:
- Evernote (or any other note-taking app) – this app can be downloaded for free both on Android phones and on iOS phones as well. It will allow you to organize your notes, to take pictures and integrate them into the notes, to set reminders and to organize your wedding-related ideas in a way that actually makes sense.
- Level Money (or other budgeting apps) – again, this is an app you can download at no cost both for Android and for iOS smartphones. It will be a really helpful tool when it comes to saving money for the Big Day because it will show you how much you have spent, how much money you have left and how much you can afford to spend in a day, in a week or even in a month.
- A wedding website – a lot of brides and grooms-to-be choose to create a wedding website these days and this can be quite useful especially when it comes to RSVPs and to keeping your guests updated with how the planning is going. A wedding website will not cost much and it can even be created for free – but it will provide you with a lot of useful features so it will definitely be worth your time.
Black Horse Inn can provide you with the most beautiful venue you have ever seen. Surrounded by the splendid nature of Virginia, our venue can actually make for a dream-wedding location so do not hesitate to pay us a visit.
Photo source: flickr.com/brendan.lally….away
Breakfast At Tiffany’s Wedding Theme Ideas 15 Dec 2014, 1:00 pm
Although rustic and shabby-chic weddings are becoming increasingly popular, a lot of brides would still go for elegance and classiness when it comes to their Big Day – and that’s perfectly understandable, actually.
If you want your wedding to have that vintage touch without losing its elegance, go for a Breakfast at Tiffany’s wedding theme. The so-called “Tiffany blue” makes for a wonderful wedding color, especially when combined with other Breakfast at Tiffany’s-related motifs, so why not settle for this theme? Here are some ideas that will inspire you:
- A Tiffany blue cake. These days, wedding cakes can come in every color imaginable – and this includes the famous Tiffany’s shade of blue as well. Decorate your cake with a delicate white satin ribbon and with a pair of really stylish cake toppers and everyone will be amazed!
- Audrey Hepburn’s lipstick color as wedding favors. If you know you will have a lot of ladies invited for your wedding, offer them lipstick in the same color as Audrey Hepburn’s in Breakfast at Tiffany’s. It may be difficult to find the exact same shade, but as long as it’s a classy red, you will be good to go!
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s photo booth props. If you want your guests to have tremendous fun with a photo booth, provide them with some cute props as well. The famous pair of sunglasses Audrey wore in the movie and a cute tiara will make all the ladies want to shoot some photos in the booth!
- Tiffany blue macaroons. Combine the beautiful Tiffany shade of blue with this delicious French dessert and your wedding will already be a huge success!
Black Horse Inn is the kind of venue that can accommodate almost any kind of wedding theme so do not hesitate to pay us a visit and see how well we would fit for your Breakfast at Tiffany’s ideas!
Photo credit: Flickr/Zen Cupcake
What’s Popular In The World Of Wedding Flowers 8 Dec 2014, 6:09 am
The romanticism and grace of flowers will always make for perfect wedding companions. This may be one of the reasons most brides (and grooms) want their wedding to be decorated with stunning flower arrangements.
If you plan on having flowers at your own wedding too (even if it’s just your bouquet), you will love reading on. We have gathered some of the most popular wedding flowers out there and put them in the following list – so that you can inspire yourself for your wedding too.
- Naturally, roses are the number 1 choice of a lot of brides. From red to orange and from white to…blue, roses are delicate, romantic and absolutely stunning. They make for amazing flower centerpieces for the tables, they look wonderful in bridal bouquets and they will always be the kind of flower that is associated with romance.
- While a lot of people associate these flowers with The Netherlands, the truth is that they originally symbolized the “consuming love” and the “happy years”. This is most likely why tulips are still considered amazing choices for weddings too.
- You may be surprised to find out about this, but peonies were originally grown in Asia. It was later on that the French brought them in Europe and continued to develop them. With strong perfume and gorgeous colors, peonies make for superb romantic, daring and feminine flower arrangements and bouquets.
- Somewhere in between roses and peonies (and very frequently much less expensive than those), ranunculus is one of the most popular “bridal choices”. The romantic appearance, as well as the large number of colors in which it comes are some of this flower’s best features so don’t be afraid to ask your florist about this option.
Black Horse Inn is the kind of wedding venue that loves flowers. Come, bring your flower arrangements and décor and our venue will “accommodate” them to perfection. Versatile, elegant and beautiful, our inn makes for unforgettable moments!
Rustic Mountain Winter Wedding Ideas 1 Dec 2014, 7:14 am
The cold temperatures of winter don’t have the ability to scare off love! Winter weddings are these days more popular than ever – and not without reason. In fact, there are thousands of reasons to love the idea of having a winter wedding and one of the most important ones is related precisely to the idea of “magic” surrounding this season.
A rustic mountain winter wedding is a great theme to follow for your Big Day. If you have decided on it, make sure to read on and find out about some of the best ideas that will help you materialize this kind of wedding theme.
- There’s nothing to say “rustic”, “mountain” and “winter” more than these little pine “fruits”. The best thing about them is that you can use them for a variety of purposes – from card placement holders to decorating the wedding cake. Be creative and they’ll compliment your wedding theme perfectly!
- Mini-Christmas trees. Instead of the traditional flower centerpieces, decorate your tables with mini-Christmas trees in pots. You don’t have to decorate them too much – even some lights will do the “trick” and add that very special Christmas feeling to each table.
- This fabric is very popular with rustic weddings of all kinds and it will fit perfectly into your winter theme as well. Use it for the placement cards, for the centerpieces and even for your bridal bouquet. When combined with very delicate and feminine things (such as white roses for example), burlap can become absolutely great and it can combine the “rustic” and the “chic” perfectly.
Black Horse Inn makes for perfect rustic weddings in each season – and winter most definitely does not make any kind of exception. Come book us for your Big Day and th splendid natural landscape embracing our historical inn will become the backdrop of your wedding photos!
Teal Peacock Feather Boutonniere/Corsage for a Masquerade Wedding 24 Nov 2014, 8:25 pm
A masquerade wedding can be a great idea especially for those of you who want your Big Day to be truly special. The mysterious and romantic feeling surrounding this kind of weddings is absolutely amazing and there is a very high chance your guests will be “bewitched” by your idea as well.
There are many ways to bring typical masquerade motifs into your wedding. From the venue you choose to the lightning and from the cake to the wedding favors, everything can be related to this theme.
If you want to bring a bit of that “magic” feeling into your outfits as well, think of teal peacock feather boutonniere and corsage (for you and your spouse-to-be). Here are some things to keep in mind when it comes to this:
- Preferably, choose natural peacock feathers because they look beautiful and luxurious. However, if you can’t find any (or if it simply goes against what you believe in), you can always go for synthetic feather. Make sure they do look natural and that they are of the highest quality – after all, you don’t want them to “shake off”.
- There are many boutonniere and corsage designs that work very well with teal peacock feathers. From small and delicate designs to really luxurious, opulent models, there’s something for every style.
- The peacock feathers will add something special and unique to your looks so don’t hesitate to use them. Although you can bring them into almost any kind of wedding theme, they work specifically well with masquerade weddings because of their mysterious and opulent appearance.
- You can always combine peacock feathers with flowers or with other non-floral elements, so don’t be afraid to be creative with this.
If you are searching for a beautiful venue for your masquerade wedding, check out with Black Horse Inn. Our beautiful location can accommodate a wide range of themes and it can truly host unforgettable weddings.