The Black Horse Inn Bed & Breakfast
What does your wedding ring say about you? 5 Oct 2015, 1:47 pm
Your wedding ring is more than just a piece of jewelry. It is an everlasting symbol of your never-ending love and commitment to each other. It is a magic “knot” that will always bring the two of you together. It is the ultimate social “sign” that you have a family of your own.
Beyond all these things, what does your wedding ring say about you, though? We have gathered some ideas you might want to keep in mind, so read on if you want to find out more.
- Yellow gold is one of the most common precious metals used in creating wedding rings – so if you have chosen it for your rings as well, you most likely value the idea of having a traditional family.
- White gold, platinum and rose gold are not as common as yellow gold, but the number of couples choosing them for their rings is slowly increasing. Unique and classy, these metals are excellent if you want to be timelessly elegant, but if you don’t want to be too
- Colorful stones. Most of the times, couples choose wedding rings in very simple designs. Some choose to have their wedding date, names or other meaningful details engraved on their rings. And there are also people who choose to have colorful stones for their wedding rings. Most of the times, these people have bubbly personalities, are full of life and are very unique as well.
Regardless of what type of wedding ring you may have chosen for the Big Day, rest assured that it will be more than “suitable” for Black Horse Inn – one of the most beautiful wedding venues in all of Virginia. Come visit us, see what we offer and we guarantee you’ll want to book us for your wedding day!
How to Pick the Perfect Wedding Gown for a Vintage Wedding 28 Sep 2015, 5:06 pm
There’s no doubt over the fact that vintage weddings are highly popular these days. And truly, there’s no reason not to love them! Classy, unique and full of grace, these weddings tend to be a huge success with everyone – so if you are planning a vintage wedding yourself, you should be in for some great fun.
How to choose an adequate dress, though? Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Be very specific. Don’t think “vintage” as a general theme, but go deeper into the options you have and settle on a particular decade. From the 1920s to the 1990s, every decade offers something unique in terms of weddings and styles, so you will have plenty of variants to choose from.
- Your dress should not only be vintage, but it should be inspired by the specific decade you want your wedding to be “set” in. Thus, if you choose to have a classy 1920s wedding, your dress should be opulent, luxurious and it should at least feature elements typical of the fashion in that age (such as the birdcage veil, for example).
- You can buy an original vintage wedding. However, keep in mind that there are plenty of other options too. For instance, you could buy a modern dress that has certain elements specific of the your wedding theme’s age (opulence and certain cuts for the 20s, flower-power designs for the 70s, and so on). The key lies in finding these elements and in putting them together as harmoniously as possible.
Here at Black Horse Inn, we are proud to host the most unique and unforgettable weddings in Virginia. Come visit us, take a look at our versatile, elegant wedding venue and you will definitely fall in love with our offer!
Is it Tacky to Plan a Choreographed Dance With Your Wedding Party? 21 Sep 2015, 3:23 pm
Your First Dance is a truly emotional moment – and you will naturally want for it to be perfect from every single point of view. This is precisely why many brides and grooms choose to take dance lessons for this special part of their wedding, actually.
How tacky is it to plan a choreographed dance with your wedding, party though? We have gathered some of the best tips you should know about this – so read on if you want to find out more:
- There is no definite answer to this. Some choreographed danced can look tacky if they are too long and if they are not properly prepared. However, if you have an original idea that involves a choreographed dance with your bridesmaids and groomsmen, you can definitely include it in your special reception moments.
- Keep in mind that a choreographed dance will take a lot of your time if you want everything to be flawless. The last thing you want is a choreographed dance that turns into a disaster! Work hard, hire a specialist to teach you all some moves and you will be more than able to pull off a memorable moment.
- Last, but not least, remember that you should make sure your dance floor is adequate for this kind of dances. Think things through, think of how many bridesmaids and groomsmen you have and think of a choreography that includes everyone without making them stumble upon each other. While a dance floor can most likely “accommodate” a lot more guests, a choreographed dance may need a bit more space – so take this into consideration as well.
Here at Black Horse Inn, we are proud of the fact that our marvelous venue can accommodate a wide range of wedding ideas. Come visit us, take a look around and see what we can offer! You will definitely be enchanted!
Enjoy Your Corporate Events at Black Horse Inn 14 Sep 2015, 1:07 pm
Here at The Black Horse Inn, we truly take pride in the wonderful venue we manage. Full of history, beauty, elegance and grace, our venue makes for the perfect escape regardless of what event you may be planning for.
Of course, this includes corporate events as well. Why would you choose Black Horse Inn as your corporate event venue, though? Here are some of the most popular reasons:
- Because we are genuinely unique. If you want to take your business partners, clients and/or employees to a truly beautiful location, we are the perfect spot for this. Located in Warrenton, Virginia, our venue is surrounded by pure, unaltered nature and by an aura of history that will absolutely charm all of your guests.
- Because we will provide you with the best sources of entertainment. From the marvellous wineries located nearby to the possibility of bringing your own horses in our stables, there’s something for just about anyone out there – and we guarantee your corporate event guests will definitely enjoy the time spent here.
- Because always go the extra mile to make sure our clients are happy. We want you to be fully satisfied with your experience here at Black Horse Inn. For this reason, we will do everything in our power to ensure your event is smooth, flawless and unforgettable. From the way we will get our rooms ready to the way we will prepare everything for your coming, everything about our service is bound to be impeccable.
Contact Black Horse Inn right now and come see for yourself what a great venue we are! Give us a call, book us for your wedding, corporate event or special moment in your life and there is absolutely no way you will ever regret having made this choice!
Halloween Wedding Ideas at The Black Horse Inn 8 Sep 2015, 12:44 pm
Halloween weddings have become more popular over the course of the past few years – and there’s really no reason not to love the idea. Bringing together the “spookiness” of Halloween and the classiness and romance of a wedding cane be a truly unique way of tying the knot. If you are considering this as well, you should definitely read on because we have gathered some of the best Halloween wedding ideas right below:
- Classy Victorian-Halloween. Your Halloween wedding does not have to be all about skeletons hanging from the ceiling. You could turn this into a gorgeous wedding inspired by the Victorian age and simply add “scarier” touches to it. Your guests will definitely love the idea!
- Halloween food. There’s no trick or treat about a delicious wedding menu inspired by Halloween! From the main dishes to the dessert, there are a lot of tasty options you can choose from and which can be infused with the most beloved Halloween flavors (such as cinnamon and apple, for example).
- Unlike in Cinderella’s story, your magic wedding pumpkins do not have to turn at midnight. Sprinkle your wedding décor with mini pumpkin place card holders, natural pumpkins and wild flowers as centrepieces and cute pumpkin lanterns with hearts carved in them – this will be very Halloween-like and it will also add a unique touch to your entire wedding.
- Be bold about your makeup. You don’t have to transform yourself into a zombie bride for your Halloween wedding (not if you don’t want to, of course). But using bold makeup (such as a darker shade of lipstick) can make you look truly gorgeous, so it’s definitely worth considering the option!
Black Horse Inn would be absolutely perfect for a Halloween wedding infused with rustic and/or vintage details! Come visit us, take a look around and book us for an unforgettable Big Day!
How to Incorporate Your Comfort Foods to Your Wedding Menu 31 Aug 2015, 4:46 pm
Your wedding menu is extremely important. However, that doesn’t mean you simply HAVE TO serve fancy foods. In fact, most guests will be more than happy with delicious comfort foods served at their wedding – and considering the fact that this is a huge trend at the moment, why wouldn’t you go for it too?
We have gathered some great ideas to help you incorporate your favorite comfort foods into your wedding menu – so read on if you need some inspiration.
- Mac’n’cheese DIY bar. Provide your guests with more than just food: provide them with entertainment too. Arrange a Mac’n’Cheese bar for them and allow them to choose their favorite toppings for the snack – they will be more than delighted!
- Fancy burgers. If you want to strike the perfect balance between comfort food and fancy food, introduce burgers into your menu. Make them unique and add gourmet ingredients to them to make them truly special and your guests will absolutely love the idea.
- Mini-snacks. You don’t have to serve comfort foods only. You can use them as late-night snacks (to keep the guests awake) or you can use them as snacks for your cocktail hour too. Mini-sandwiches, mini-tomato soup shots – all these things can be served as hors d’oeuvres before or after the main meal.
- Comfort flavors. Sometimes, the comforting part is not about the actual food, as it is about the flavor surrounding it. For instance, if your future spouse is madly in love with chicken wings, but you don’t want to serve them at your wedding, you could talk to your caterer about creating something that has a flavor very similar to chicken wings.
Black Horse Inn is a wonderful wedding venue ready to accommodate a wide range of ideas. Give us a call, come visit us and book us for the Big Day – you will not regret it in any way!
Photo Credit: Flickr / She Paused 4 Thought
Things You Need to Know About Mailing Your Wedding Invitations 24 Aug 2015, 12:12 pm
Your wedding invitations are the first thing your guests will come in contact with when it comes to the Big Day. Thus, you want everything to be flawless. And while choosing the perfect design can be quite difficult, actually mailing the invitations should be done the right way too. After all, you do want your invitations to reach their destination in one piece.
What are some of the most important things you need to know about mailing your wedding invitations? Read on and find out more:
- First and foremost, make sure your envelope contains everything it needs to: the invitation proper, the RSVP card and any other “extras” you may choose to send with your invitation (such as a guide to help guests find the venue).
- Don’t forget to stamp the RSVPs too. This will make it easier for the guests to actually send back the RSVPs and you will lower the odds that anyone avoids doing this in due time.
- Consider the option of having personalized stamps for the invitations. It’s a nice touch and it will bring a dash of personality and cuteness to your envelopes.
- Measure and weigh your invitations. Postal offices can automatically process only a certain type of envelopes – and if yours are larger (or heavier) than the norm, they will have to be manually processed. Make sure you measure and weigh your envelopes (with everything in them) before you send them off to the postal office.
Black Horse Inn is a gorgeous wedding venue located in Virginia. If you are searching for a place full of history and elegance to have your wedding at, we are the answer you’ve been searching for. Contact us today, find out more about our venue and book us for a stunning wedding!
This Might Be the Most Gorgeous Equestrian-Inspired Wedding Ever 18 Aug 2015, 1:48 pm
When Chelsea Bowen’s husband Richard, who hails from the U.K., needed an extra groomsman to step in for his marriage across the pond, the couple called on someone they knew could pinch-hit in a crunch: Chelsea’s 12-year-old OTTB, Exeter (“Exy” for short). Although Chelsea (né Gammon) is already known to HC readers as the proud owner of a mustang named Folly, for her June 6th nuptials, Folly, for tameness issues, opted to sit out of the ceremony, but made an appearance for photos afterward (because #theresoneineveryfamily). Held in a barn in Glenmoore, Pennsylvania, the wedding had all the necessary equestrian accoutrements, and that includes a horse tuxedo. Get ready to swoon.
“All three of my bridesmaids ride,” says Bowen. “My sister, Corinne (the brunette), had a horse of her own when we were growing up, but doesn’t ride much anymore. Caitie, my maid of honor (technically matron of honor), has been riding all her life, and now works at After the Races, an organization that rehabs and re-homes OTTBs. Amanda is an advanced level eventer and trainer.”
Exy and the bridal party. (©Jennifer Green Photography/ Courtesy of Chelsea Bowen)
“I’ve had [Exeter] nine years and got him right off the track. He can be a very difficult horse under saddle (he bucked off my maid of honor once, but happily lets her son Logan do leadline on him), but is a gigantic puppy on the ground. I do hunters and jumpers on him, although he much prefers trail rides and hanging out with his girlfriend, Folly.”
Chelsea and Exy. (©Jennifer Green Photography/ Courtesy of Chelsea Bowen)
“Everything was held on our property and the neighbor’s in Glenmoore. The reception was in [the neighbors’] barn, which used to be owned by my grandparents.”
The reception barn. (©Jennifer Green Photography/ Courtesy of Chelsea Bowen)
“We chose to have [Exy] as a groomsman instead of riding him because I had seen all that can go wrong when brides ride horses. This was definitely the drama-free choice.”
Guests take pictures with Exy after the ceremony. Ring bearer Logan, seen here, has ridden Exy in a leadline class. (©Jennifer Green Photography/ Courtesy of Chelsea Bowen)
“I knew I wanted a horse tux for [Exy] since I got engaged two years ago, but had a hard time finding someone who would make one. A friend of mine, Meghan Bell, agreed to make me one, and it turned out so well!”
(©Jennifer Green Photography/ Courtesy of Chelsea Bowen)
“Buck Davidson and Andrea had [a saddle guestbook] at their wedding, and I thought it was a great idea when I saw the picture. [This] was one of my father’s old saddles from his riding days.”
The wedding “guestbook”. (©Jennifer Green Photography/ Courtesy of Chelsea Bowen)
“It was wonderful to have everything in one place, where I could get pictures taken with my horses and have Exy as part of the wedding (with the option to pop him back in the field if it got to be too much for him).”
Inside the reception barn. (©Jennifer Green Photography/ Courtesy of Chelsea Bowen)
Horseshoe table numbers Chelsea made herself. (©Jennifer Green Photography/ Courtesy of Chelsea Bowen)
“Folly is doing really well! She has started schooling cross country jumps, loves going for gallops along corn fields, and even gave her first pony ride! She loves trail rides, and is learning tricks (like the bowing she did in her Fourth of July picture with the flag). We’re taking things at her pace and enjoying the journey. It’s amazing how far she’s come in the past year.”
Chelsea and Folly. (©Jennifer Green Photography/ Courtesy of Chelsea Bowen)
“[Richard] grew up with sisters who rode, so he’s happy to hop on and go on a trail ride with me every now and then.”
Chelsea, Richard, and Exy. (©Jennifer Green Photography/ Courtesy of Chelsea Bowen)
“The wedding was on the day of the Belmont. In true horse-person fashion, we had the cake-cutting stopped because we just HAD to watch American Pharoah make his bid for the Triple Crown. Our wedding photographer says that the series of pictures she got of our reactions when he won is one of her favorite wedding moments.”
(©Jennifer Green Photography/ Courtesy of Chelsea Bowen)
How to Pick Your Bridesmaids’ Accessories 17 Aug 2015, 5:13 pm
Picking your dress and accessories is obviously important for you – but considering how much your bridesmaids mean to you, picking their dress and accessories will be really important too. How to do it, though? How to pick your bridesmaids’ accessories – and make sure they are suitable for your wedding style?
We have gathered some tips to help you with this – so read on if you want to find out more.
- You can give your bridesmaids the freedom to choose the accessories themselves. However, if you do this, make sure you settle some basic guidelines they should follow (the same they would if you allowed them to choose their dresses too). Talk to your bridesmaids about the metals, colors, size and style you think would work best with your wedding style and with their dresses.
- If you want to choose the accessories yourself, make sure they actually fit the bridesmaids’ dresses and your wedding in general. Also, don’t forget to choose a point of focus (the earrings or the necklace).
- Keep in mind that you should make sure to choose accessories your bridesmaids will be actually able to afford paying for. Weddings are quite expensive for attendants too, so it would be nice of you to find accessories that are affordable for your bridesmaids. Even more, it would be even nicer if you chose accessories your bridesmaids can wear on other occasions too.
Here at Black Horse Inn, we host the most incredible weddings in all of Virginia. Beautiful, elegant and surrounded in an aura of history and grace, our wedding venue is ready to be a “home” for your Big Day too. Come visit us, take a look at what we can offer and you will surely be charmed by our wedding venue! Book us for a SUPERB wedding day and you will not regret it!
Become Husband and Wife at Black Horse Inn 10 Aug 2015, 5:12 pm
Few moments are as full of emotion and grace as a wedding is. Here at Black Horse Inn, we love seeing couples tying the knot – and we love being part of their love story too. For this reason, we have created the kind of wedding venue that truly offers brides and grooms-to-be everything they need to feel at home and at peace in one of the most important days of their lives.
Why would you become husband and wife at Black Horse Inn? Here are some of the reasons couples have chosen us again and again:
- Our location is absolutely superb. If you want your wedding photos to look as if they have been torn out of a glossy magazine, Warrenton, VA is the place to be at. Embraced by the beauty of nature around us, our wedding venue will offer a unique setting for your Big Day.
- Our services are exquisite. We like to do things old-school. We like to go above and beyond to make sure our clients are happy with our services. We like to prove that hospitality is more than just words – and that it extends from the moment you set foot on our grounds to the moment the last guest leaves the venue.
- We are unique. And we mean it. From horseback riding to planning a charming, genuine vintage wedding, we have them all. And we take pride in how we do things here at Black Horse Inn!
If you are searching for a venue that will accommodate your wedding ideas with success and if you want your Big Day to be unique and unforgettable, come visit Black Horse Inn. There’s no way not to love the stunning venue we have prepared for you and your guests!