The Black Horse Inn Bed & Breakfast
Breakfast At Tiffany’s Wedding Theme Ideas 15 Dec 2014, 1:00 pm
Although rustic and shabby-chic weddings are becoming increasingly popular, a lot of brides would still go for elegance and classiness when it comes to their Big Day – and that’s perfectly understandable, actually.
If you want your wedding to have that vintage touch without losing its elegance, go for a Breakfast at Tiffany’s wedding theme. The so-called “Tiffany blue” makes for a wonderful wedding color, especially when combined with other Breakfast at Tiffany’s-related motifs, so why not settle for this theme? Here are some ideas that will inspire you:
- A Tiffany blue cake. These days, wedding cakes can come in every color imaginable – and this includes the famous Tiffany’s shade of blue as well. Decorate your cake with a delicate white satin ribbon and with a pair of really stylish cake toppers and everyone will be amazed!
- Audrey Hepburn’s lipstick color as wedding favors. If you know you will have a lot of ladies invited for your wedding, offer them lipstick in the same color as Audrey Hepburn’s in Breakfast at Tiffany’s. It may be difficult to find the exact same shade, but as long as it’s a classy red, you will be good to go!
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s photo booth props. If you want your guests to have tremendous fun with a photo booth, provide them with some cute props as well. The famous pair of sunglasses Audrey wore in the movie and a cute tiara will make all the ladies want to shoot some photos in the booth!
- Tiffany blue macaroons. Combine the beautiful Tiffany shade of blue with this delicious French dessert and your wedding will already be a huge success!
Black Horse Inn is the kind of venue that can accommodate almost any kind of wedding theme so do not hesitate to pay us a visit and see how well we would fit for your Breakfast at Tiffany’s ideas!
Photo credit: Flickr/Zen Cupcake
What’s Popular In The World Of Wedding Flowers 8 Dec 2014, 6:09 am
The romanticism and grace of flowers will always make for perfect wedding companions. This may be one of the reasons most brides (and grooms) want their wedding to be decorated with stunning flower arrangements.
If you plan on having flowers at your own wedding too (even if it’s just your bouquet), you will love reading on. We have gathered some of the most popular wedding flowers out there and put them in the following list – so that you can inspire yourself for your wedding too.
- Naturally, roses are the number 1 choice of a lot of brides. From red to orange and from white to…blue, roses are delicate, romantic and absolutely stunning. They make for amazing flower centerpieces for the tables, they look wonderful in bridal bouquets and they will always be the kind of flower that is associated with romance.
- While a lot of people associate these flowers with The Netherlands, the truth is that they originally symbolized the “consuming love” and the “happy years”. This is most likely why tulips are still considered amazing choices for weddings too.
- You may be surprised to find out about this, but peonies were originally grown in Asia. It was later on that the French brought them in Europe and continued to develop them. With strong perfume and gorgeous colors, peonies make for superb romantic, daring and feminine flower arrangements and bouquets.
- Somewhere in between roses and peonies (and very frequently much less expensive than those), ranunculus is one of the most popular “bridal choices”. The romantic appearance, as well as the large number of colors in which it comes are some of this flower’s best features so don’t be afraid to ask your florist about this option.
Black Horse Inn is the kind of wedding venue that loves flowers. Come, bring your flower arrangements and décor and our venue will “accommodate” them to perfection. Versatile, elegant and beautiful, our inn makes for unforgettable moments!
Rustic Mountain Winter Wedding Ideas 1 Dec 2014, 7:14 am
The cold temperatures of winter don’t have the ability to scare off love! Winter weddings are these days more popular than ever – and not without reason. In fact, there are thousands of reasons to love the idea of having a winter wedding and one of the most important ones is related precisely to the idea of “magic” surrounding this season.
A rustic mountain winter wedding is a great theme to follow for your Big Day. If you have decided on it, make sure to read on and find out about some of the best ideas that will help you materialize this kind of wedding theme.
- There’s nothing to say “rustic”, “mountain” and “winter” more than these little pine “fruits”. The best thing about them is that you can use them for a variety of purposes – from card placement holders to decorating the wedding cake. Be creative and they’ll compliment your wedding theme perfectly!
- Mini-Christmas trees. Instead of the traditional flower centerpieces, decorate your tables with mini-Christmas trees in pots. You don’t have to decorate them too much – even some lights will do the “trick” and add that very special Christmas feeling to each table.
- This fabric is very popular with rustic weddings of all kinds and it will fit perfectly into your winter theme as well. Use it for the placement cards, for the centerpieces and even for your bridal bouquet. When combined with very delicate and feminine things (such as white roses for example), burlap can become absolutely great and it can combine the “rustic” and the “chic” perfectly.
Black Horse Inn makes for perfect rustic weddings in each season – and winter most definitely does not make any kind of exception. Come book us for your Big Day and th splendid natural landscape embracing our historical inn will become the backdrop of your wedding photos!
Teal Peacock Feather Boutonniere/Corsage for a Masquerade Wedding 24 Nov 2014, 8:25 pm
A masquerade wedding can be a great idea especially for those of you who want your Big Day to be truly special. The mysterious and romantic feeling surrounding this kind of weddings is absolutely amazing and there is a very high chance your guests will be “bewitched” by your idea as well.
There are many ways to bring typical masquerade motifs into your wedding. From the venue you choose to the lightning and from the cake to the wedding favors, everything can be related to this theme.
If you want to bring a bit of that “magic” feeling into your outfits as well, think of teal peacock feather boutonniere and corsage (for you and your spouse-to-be). Here are some things to keep in mind when it comes to this:
- Preferably, choose natural peacock feathers because they look beautiful and luxurious. However, if you can’t find any (or if it simply goes against what you believe in), you can always go for synthetic feather. Make sure they do look natural and that they are of the highest quality – after all, you don’t want them to “shake off”.
- There are many boutonniere and corsage designs that work very well with teal peacock feathers. From small and delicate designs to really luxurious, opulent models, there’s something for every style.
- The peacock feathers will add something special and unique to your looks so don’t hesitate to use them. Although you can bring them into almost any kind of wedding theme, they work specifically well with masquerade weddings because of their mysterious and opulent appearance.
- You can always combine peacock feathers with flowers or with other non-floral elements, so don’t be afraid to be creative with this.
If you are searching for a beautiful venue for your masquerade wedding, check out with Black Horse Inn. Our beautiful location can accommodate a wide range of themes and it can truly host unforgettable weddings.
Christmas Inspired Wedding Table Centerpieces 17 Nov 2014, 9:09 am
Everybody is excited about Christmas – but when it blends with one of the most beautiful events in one’s life, it’s impossible to stay “immune”. Here at Black Horse Inn, we love weddings regardless of when they take place, be it early spring or the Christmas Eve. However, since this big holiday is getting nearer and since we know that many of you are planning your own Christmas wedding, we have picked some of the best wedding table centerpieces ideas for your Big Day. Read on and find out more.
- Mini-Christmas trees. There’s nothing to say “winter” more than a Christmas tree. Place a small one on each table as centerpiece and decorate it in your wedding colors. With a bit of creativity, you can pull off some really beautiful arrangements.
- Christmas tree globes. If you want something even more creative, get Christmas tree globes and arrange them as pyramids in the center of the tables. Combine glittery, shiny and matte globes for a well-balanced effect.
- Flowers are not excluded, even if the weather outside is cold. In fact, there are many ways in which even the most traditional flowers can become stunning wedding table centerpieces. For instance, white roses bouquets can be sprayed with silver for a “winter wonderland” look.
- Evergreens, acorns and flowers. For a unique and great-looking wedding centerpiece, ask your florist if he/she can combine the above-mentioned elements. They are very much connected to Christmas and they can look really elegant when arranged the right way.
Black Horse Inn is the type of versatile venue that will “accommodate” a wide range of styles and ideas. Come visit us if you dream of a wedding nobody will forget very soon. Come visit us if you want this day to be spectacular, elegant and beautiful at the same time!
Photo source: Flickr/ProFlowers
5 Sentimental Wedding Ideas You’ll Love 10 Nov 2014, 7:48 am
Weddings are sentimental and beautiful by definition – but if you want to make yours especially emotional, make sure to read on. Black Horse Inn has gathered some of the best sentimental wedding ideas – and we are more than positive that you’ll absolutely love each and every one of them. Read on and find out more.
- Do you have a favorite photo from your parents’ wedding? Recreate it on your Big Day as well – and we guarantee both you and your parents will love the result. This idea is absolutely amazing for those of you who cherish your parents’ love story.
- Ask your photographer to take a sentimental photo of you, your mother and your grandmother. 3 generations of women in your family gathered in the same picture! This is symbolic and beautiful and it will definitely be one of your favorite wedding photos!
- Engraving wedding rings on the inside is fairly common out there. Most couples choose to engrave their wedding date or their names. But if you want something sentimental, that speaks about your love story, why not engrave the title of your first dance song? You definitely chose that particular song for a reason – incorporate it into every single day of your day as a married couple.
- Write love letters and exchange them before the wedding. Open and read them in front of your photographer, so that he/she can capture your reactions.
- Write each other letters or small messages to open and read at particular moments in your life as a married couple: when the first child is born, at your 5-year anniversary and so on.
Black Horse Inn provides brides and grooms with the perfect setting for magic and sentimental weddings. Come take a look at our romantic venue and book us for your Big Day!
Blue Winter Wedding Ideas 3 Nov 2014, 8:02 am
Winter weddings have their own special appeal – and this is precisely why so many couples these days will pick it as their wedding season. If you are planning to have a winter wedding too, learn that blue can be an amazing choice for your wedding theme. Cold and yet beautiful, this color can really add a lot to any kind of winter wedding – from the rustic ones to the extremely elegant ones.
And if you were searching for some great blue winter wedding ideas, make sure to check out with the following tips:
- If you are going for the “winter wonderland” theme, look for shades of blue that are very pale and very cold. Combined with white (and maybe with silver), they can really create that “frozen and beautiful” effect you want.
- Blue can come in other shades as well – and it will look great on a winter wedding nevertheless. For instance, raspberry blue adds a bit of liveliness to the décor and it definitely makes for amazing bridesmaids’ dresses, so you may want to incorporate it into your wedding too.
- Since the table centerpieces are extremely important when it comes to the way a wedding looks, don’t forget to add some blue in them as well. You can opt for white flowers (roses, for example) and have the non-floral elements in various shades of blue. You can also choose to have your florist spray-paint your flowers in blue if you want them to be the same color as your wedding theme.
- Blue lightning can create a magical atmosphere at winter weddings so if you have the possibility, definitely go for this. Imagine yourself having your first dance in these lights!
If you are still searching for a venue for your winter wedding, learn that Black Horse Inn is a marvelous choice for any kind of theme: from flowery spring weddings to winter wonderland weddings. Make sure to pay us a visit before you decide on a venue and you will not regret it!
5 Ways to Manage Unexpected Guests at Corporate Events 27 Oct 2014, 10:46 am
No matter how much you plan ahead, corporate events are always prone to unexpected arrivals. Sometimes, people get there later because their flights got delayed. Other times, they arrive at the event without having sent the RSVPs beforehand (and thus catch you unprepared).
Regardless of the reason behind these arrivals may be, you should definitely learn how to deal with them without offending anyone. After all, accidents happen and if those people are there, it means that they are interested in what you have to offer. How do you manage unexpected guests tactfully? Here are 5 of the best ideas.
- Do expect these things to happen. Prepare yourself for at least a few extra-guests. This means that you should make sure the venue you choose for your corporate event is a bit larger than what you actually need and that you should also make sure there’s enough food and drinks for everyone too.
- Some of the guests may arrive too early. To make sure they don’t just wait for you to get ready with all the arrangements, prepare a hospitality suite for them.
- To ensure the late-comers find their way to your event as well, get their contacts and give them a phone number to talk to someone as soon as they land on the airport.
- Also, remember to keep some of the tables “reserved” for them. Otherwise, other guests may take those tables and the late-comers will find it awkward to find an empty seat.
- Pay attention to how you greet late-comers too. You don’t want them to feel odd by attracting too much attention on them, so keep the greeting short and discreet.
Black Horse Inn makes for a perfect corporate event venue, so do remember to check us out when planning for it. Our beautiful location and our impeccable service will perfectly !satisfy you and your guests!
Tips on Choosing Your Wedding Venue 20 Oct 2014, 6:54 am
Weddings are amazing events in people’s lives and they truly stand for the most beautiful things out there: love, commitment, family and beauty. At the same time though, planning a wedding is not an easy task and anyone who has already gone through this can confirm.
Picking the perfect wedding venue is one of the first steps you will have to make. To make this easier for you, we have gathered a series of tips that will help you settle for the best one out there. Read on and find out more.
- Always go for a wedding venue that can provide you both with a ceremony site and with a reception venue. This will save you the trouble of having to waste your time in between the two parts of your wedding.
- If you are planning for a destination wedding, it would be great if your venue could provide at least some of your guests with the accommodation as well. This will help you save lots of time you would have otherwise spent on finding accommodation for your guests.
- It would also be excellent for your wedding venue to provide you with a bridal suite as well. This way, you will be able to take your time when getting ready for the big day. Even more than that, a bridal suite will be an amazing setting for pre-wedding photos too!
- Look for a wedding venue surrounded by beautiful landscape. This will add a lot to your wedding pictures and it will also make you feel truly special on the most important moment of your life.
- Generally speaking, try to search for a wedding venue that can help you with the other wedding-related services too. Even if they don’t provide them in-house, it would be amazing if they could recommend you some of the vendors they have already worked with.
Black Horse Inn is a historic venue that looks absolutely magnificent. Come take a look at our marvelous wedding sites and at our magnificent ballroom and you will definitely fall in love with them!
Fall Wedding Color Ideas – Dusty Blue and Cranberry 13 Oct 2014, 6:46 am
Your wedding has to be perfect – and from the moment you decide on your location to the moment you finally walk down the aisle, you will definitely feel nervous about the choices you have made. Everything can make the difference when it comes to how your wedding turns out and, considering the fact that there are about one million choices you have to make, it’s perfectly natural that you feel nervous about them.
Choosing your wedding color theme can be a tricky thing to do. In the end, this will determine most of the other decisions you make with regards to your wedding, so you really want to pay attention to how you do it.
If you are planning a fall wedding and if you want it to be unique and beautiful, dusty blue and cranberry may provide you with a perfect color theme. How come? And even more than that, how do you incorporate that into your wedding? Here are some ideas to keep in mind:
- Dusty blue and cranberry make for a wonderful choice especially because they are more special than the usual fall wedding colors (yellow, orange and so on). They are bright and full of life, but at the same time they really go well with the season as well.
- Dusty blue and cranberry will look amazing on almost everything at your wedding. Your bouquet will definitely look splendid in these colors (especially when paired with a deep green) and your center pieces will look elegant in these colors too.
- Your bridesmaids and your spouse-to-be’s groomsmen can also be dressed in these colors. You don’t necessarily have to choose something that looks the same on all of them, but you can give them these colors and allow them to “play” with them when it comes to their outfits.
Your imagination is the only limit you have when it comes to dusty blue and cranberry fall wedding decorations. Elegant, subtle, beautiful, feminine and romantic at the same time, these colors can really make for an unforgettable wedding indeed. Even more than that, they will work perfectly with the wedding venue we have prepared for you: Black Horse Inn. Come visit us and convince yourself that our ceremony site and reception hall really do fit into the fall background better than anything else out there!