The Black Horse Inn Bed & Breakfast
How to Plan a Beautiful Woodland-Inspired Wedding 26 Jul 2016, 2:22 pm
Choosing a beautiful wedding theme is really important if you want everything to be absolutely flawless, unique and unforgettable. And while there may be a lot of themes to choose from, have you considered a woodland-inspired wedding?
If yes, we have gathered some gorgeous tips to help you pull off your woodland Big Day – so read on and find out more.
- Pick the right colors. Your wedding colors should be inspired by the beautiful woodland décor. Think of deep greens that remind you of the secular trees, think of warm browns and tints of yellow and orange (especially if your wedding is going to be closer to the fall season) – and, ultimately, think of natural hues that look gorgeous together.
- Include moss. Greenery can add a lot to your wedding décor – but you don’t have to stick to the all-too-traditional options everyone’s so familiar with these days. Moss can be a superb choice, especially for a woodland wedding, since it will add that natural vibe and it will make your florals and décor look more original.
- Focus on the green in the bouquets. Your bridal bouquet and your bridesmaids’ bouquets should also look natural and relaxing – so think of ways to include as much greenery as possible. Large, almost cascading bouquets of white flowers and pretty greenery, deep-red roses with wild flowers and foliage aplenty – these small touches will make your look (and the look of your bridesmaids) feel closer to Mother Nature and the beauty of the woodland area.
Planning your Big Day in Virginia? Want to be surrounded by natural beauty, elegance, history and timeless sophistication? Come visit Black Horse Inn and take a look at the splendid venue we offer! Come visit us and allow us to be part of your love story!
How Can We Include Family Recipes in Our Wedding? 18 Jul 2016, 3:29 pm
Your wedding menu is really important when it comes to creating that special atmosphere everyone will love at your wedding. Have you considered including family recipes in your menu, though? This could be a really great idea! How so? Why is including family recipes in your wedding such a good idea – and, more importantly, how to do it? Read on and find out more.
- First of all, including family recipes in the Big day is great because it allows you to personalize the food in a special, sentimental way. This is an emotional idea that will help you bring homage to your heritage, to the wonderful people who surrounded you as you grew up, and, ultimately, to the amazing story that has brought you to this great day in your life.
- If you decide to push this one step further, you should definitely know that there are many means by which you can bring your family’s favorite flavors into the wedding. Your grandma’s fudge cake could be an amazing wedding favor, your aunties might want to chip in and help you create a spectacular, personal candy bar and that special barbecue sauce your dad used every Sunday might actually get on your guests’ plates!
- Regardless of what recipes you choose to include in your wedding menu, don’t forget to add a small note and explain the significance of that special flavor. You can do this in the wedding menu itself, so that all guests learn about the touchy story behind what’s in their plates.
Black Horse Inn is truly honored every time a couple chooses us as their wedding venue – and we would be more than happy if you chose us too! Come visit us at our splendid venue in Virginia, take a look at the amazing things we can offer and book us for a genuinely unforgettable Big Day!
Photo credit: Kristen Gardner Photography
How to Survive the Heat at Your Warm Weather Wedding 11 Jul 2016, 2:38 pm
Spring and summer are among the most popular wedding seasons – and not without reason. In fact, having a spring or summer wedding is a great idea if you want this big moment to be filled with the joy and energy of the warm days, if you want the event to be blooming with gorgeous florals and if you want it to be more easily accessible for your guests as well.
The only downfall with a hot weather wedding? Surviving the heat might be an issue if you don’t plan ahead – so it’s very important that you do provide yourself and your guests with some cooling options. How to do it? How to survive the heat during your summer wedding? Here are some ideas to consider:
- Offer fans. They might not do the same great job as an A/C, but they can at least keep the guests cool during the ceremony. Also, offering shading options (parasols, getting married at a well-shaded location, etc.) is a very good idea too.
- Cold beverages. Keep it low on the alcoholic beverages while the guests are outside and offer them water, juices, soda or non-alcoholic cocktails. This will keep them well-hydrated and away from the potentially harmful effects of the sunlight.
- Get married later. Not only is an evening/night wedding really dreamy, but it can also be a lot safer for you and your guests. Imagine how gorgeous you will look, walking down the aisle on the stunning background provided by the sunset!
Black Horse Inn is a superb Virginian wedding venue. Full of history and grace, our location is here to help you and your guests have the time of your life at your wedding. Contact us, learn more about our wedding packages and we will be more than happy to be part of your romantic love story!
How to Make Your Wedding Eco-Friendly 4 Jul 2016, 5:29 pm
In a world crumbling down under the weight of our ignorance and carelessness, being eco-friendly has become more than an option – it has become necessity. And, as an environmentally-conscious couple, you will definitely want to make your wedding as eco-friendly as possible. How to do that, though? How to have a “green” wedding? Here are some tips you should definitely consider:
- Green wedding favors. Yes, your wedding favors can be inspired by your passion to protect the environment! Not only can you choose items that have been manufactured cruelty-free and from materials that are organic, but you can actually help Mother Nature rejuvenate itself by offering every guests with a flower seed to plant at home. What a beautiful and meaningful favor!
- Keep it green with the florals. One of the least eco-friendly parts about weddings is how so many flowers get cut and used for just one day. To avoid this from happening, consider having a lot of greenery and foliage as part of the wedding décor and centerpieces. Greenery is a lot easier to “repurpose”- and plus, you can offer guests potted green plants as wedding favors too.
- Save the trees with your stationery. Sure, you may not be able to go all-electronic with your stationery – but a very good part of it can be electronic (e.g. you can send just the invitations and a small card directing guests to the wedding website). Furthermore, you can also use recycled paper for your wedding stationery paper too – it can make such a huge difference for the environment itself!
Black Horse Inn is a gorgeous wedding venue that embraces the amazing nature surrounding us here, in Virginia. If you’re searching for a wedding venue touched by the beauties of Mother Nature for your eco-friendly wedding, you should definitely come and see what we offer!
How to Have a Wedding Ceremony Aisle That’s Totally Incredible 27 Jun 2016, 3:25 pm
Your wedding ceremony is going to be one of the most memorable, magical and truly fantastic moments of your life. You deserve this, your loved one deserves this and, ultimately, your love story itself deserves this.
How to have a wedding ceremony aisle that’s totally incredible and complements how amazing you feel? Here are some tips to inspire you:
- Forget about the rose petals. Sure, they are extremely beautiful – but this is something that’s been done over and over again (for the past few years at least). Think creatively and incorporate Moroccan rugs, or why not, a completely personalized carpet with your wedding date or a meaningful quote on it.
- What surrounds the aisle matters too. Of course, the wedding aisle is the center of your attention – but before you jump into ordering any pieces of décor make sure you take the overall aesthetic of the ceremony site into consideration. Think of the chairs, the arrangement and the general “vibes” of your ceremony site, so that you design an aisle that beautifully and harmoniously incorporates everything.
- Talk to your venue manager. Depending on the ceremony site you have chosen, you may not be allowed to do everything you want with the aisle. Solutions can be found, though, in most of the cases – so it is essential that you discuss with your venue manager and see what is and is not acceptable from their point of view.
Black Horse Inn is a gorgeous wedding venue, filled with history, timeless elegance and grace. We are proud to host our brides and grooms’ wedding ideas in a flawless, elegant way – and we are proud to be part of their love story too. If you are searching for a sophisticated, warm and candid venue for the Big Day, be sure to contact us and come see what we offer!
Best Wedding Flower Trends of the Year 20 Jun 2016, 10:22 am
Wedding trends come and go – what stays, though, are your memories of the Big Day. Of course, you want this amazing event to be really memorable from all points of view – and while following trends just for the sake of popularity is definitely not a good idea, the truth is that some of the wedding trends can offer you some great inspiration for a unique, unforgettable event.
What are some of the best wedding flower trends of the year? We have gathered them right below – so read on and find out more.
- Go green. Sure, blooms will always be popular with brides – but in 2016, brides love going green as well. Some of them choose to have green as the predominant color in their flower arrangements, while others choose to go all the way, building arrangements that are based on greenery alone. The choice is yours – but we guarantee that either way you choose, greenery and foliage will look stunning at your wedding. Not to mention it will be less pricy too!
- Go vintage. If you want to add a dash of sophistication and elegance to your wedding florals, use vintage touches – such as rich, luxurious fabrics for your bouquet wrap or baby breaths for the arrangements themselves.
- Go local. Want to save a lot of money and to support local economy? Local flowers can look absolutely stunning, they can be fresher than the imported ones and they can also provide you with a sense of belonging to your local community. What’s not to love about this trend?
Black Horse Inn is a Virginian wedding venue that prides itself in the history behind us and in the elegance that defines every single inch of our location. Come visit us yourself, take a look at what we offer and we guarantee you will love it here!
Are Gwen Stefani & Blake Shelton Engaged? 13 Jun 2016, 3:29 pm
They are two of America’s most popular singers. Different yet very much similar, friends to the core and, generally, a great pair, Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton are always in our hearts. Are Gwen Stefani & Blake Shelton engaged, though? Are the rumors true? Here are some of the things you will definitely want to know about this:
- The facts: Gwen has been spotted with a splendid diamond pave eternity band on her fingers – and given the intricacy, beauty and diamond of this piece, we were all tempted to believe it was high time we created a Pinterest board for the two lovers’ wedding.
- As it turns out though, Gwen and Blake are not tying the knot – not for now, at least. They do have plenty of fun on this theme, though – as Gwen herself has said it. According to her, the rumors are quite crazy and entertaining for them and they sometimes feel that things have ran out of control when it comes to how the media spots every aspect of their personal lives.
- We may be heartbroken for now, but considering how great Gwen and Blake are together, we definitely expect to see the diamond ring on her finger quite soon. They are both still taking it slowly after their previous divorces – so we understand them very well. But, yes, we would very much like to see the two of them tying the knot!
Have you gotten engaged? Are you searching for a beautiful, elegant and unforgettable wedding venue in Virginia? If so, come visit Black Horse Inn and we will make sure to provide you with a venue that’s full of sophistication, uniqueness and history. Come visit us, take a good look at what we offer and book us for a day nobody will ever forget!
What Wedding Table Style Is Best for You? 6 Jun 2016, 12:40 pm
Your wedding’s details are highly important – especially if you want everything about this marvelous day to be flawless. From the flowers you choose to the colors you use for the décor, everything about your wedding will require your attention to detail and dedication.
For instance, have you decided on the wedding table style that’s best for you? If not, read on because we have gathered some useful tips to help you in this decision:
- Intimate and classic. If you want your wedding to be timelessly elegant, and if you want it to feel warm and welcoming without too much fuss, round tables are perfect for you. The classiness of these tables, as well as their round shape will make your wedding feel really cozy and beautiful.
- Edgy and modern. Are you in for a wedding that’s very contemporary-looking? If so, search for tables that are square-shaped. Do not be tricked, though. These tables may look very rigid and non-creative, but if you use your imagination, you can turn them into really great elements for your wedding. For example, a square table will look stunning with bright colors on it, as well as with some rounded shapes to help create the right balance.
- Casual and friendly. Planning a rustic-chic wedding or an outdoor garden wedding? Rectangular tables are very popular these days – and people love them precisely because they create a feeling of familiarity and closeness that’s simply perfect for casual weddings. Just make sure to draw the attention towards the center of the table (with long centerpieces and/or table runners) – everything will look much more balanced this way!
Searching for the ideal Virginia wedding venue? Come visit Black Horse Inn and we will be there to provide you with a gorgeous space for your Big Day! Come visit us and you will be charmed by the beauty of our wedding venue!
5 Tips for Blending Cultures at Your Wedding 30 May 2016, 11:47 am
Love is all around us – it takes many shapes and it can be seen through many types of lens. And yet, at the end of the day, love is the purest, most wonderful and most candid feeling on Earth.
If you plan on having a multi-cultural wedding, make sure love transpires in every single second of it – and make sure it’s unique in the way it blends the beautiful cultures you come from.
How to do that? Here are 5 tips for blending cultures at your wedding:
- The food. One of the best ways to blend multiple cultures at your wedding is by bringing special foods belonging to your traditions. Not only will this make your wedding menu really varied, but it will surely be a great experience for the guests too!
- The ceremony. Don’t forget to sprinkle the ceremony with some of your specific customs too! Discuss with your partner and with your ceremony about blending in different wedding ceremony traditions that are meaningful for you – it will be absolutely amazing!
- Break it in different parts. Depending on the cultures you want to blend, you might find it a little difficult to make it happen with so many details to consider. To make it easier, you can simply break the entire wedding in different elements (ceremony, cocktail hour, reception) and make each one about a specific part of your cultures.
- Choose the perfect venue. Before you book a venue, make sure they are open to organizing multi-cultural ceremonies. Discuss about your idea with the manager before signing on the dotted line!
- Pay lots of attention. As mentioned above, it will not be easy to mix so many elements of your cultures. However, it can be done if you pay attention to the details and take everything into consideration.
Searching for a fantastic wedding venue for your multi-cultural wedding? Come visit Black Horse Inn and take a look at the elegance, refinement and true style we provide for our brides and grooms! You will fall in love with our venue!
4 Distinctive Ways to Identify The Tables at Your Wedding Reception 23 May 2016, 12:09 pm
Your wedding reception is all about you and your love story – so it’s only normal to want to personalize it every single step of the way. What are some unique ways of identifying the tables at your wedding reception, though? We have gathered some ideas to inspire you – so read on to find out more.
- Yes, numbering your tables in a chronological order is not what you would call “personal” in any way. However, you could the traditional chronologically numbered tables with numbers that are meaningful for you (e.g. the date you met, the date he proposed, how many years you’ve been together, and so on) – and this would be an idea everyone will love!
- If numbers don’t appeal to you, change them with locations that are meaningful for you. The place where you first dated or the states you come from – these are locations that will always be important to you and they definitely deserve being incorporated in the Big Day.
- Are you the kind of couple who loves reading? Then bring this into your wedding day! Pick your favorite books and name tables after them! Guests will love being seated at tables named after amazing books – and this is a wonderful opportunity to add personality to your wedding too!
- If you and your loved one have photos you love, use them as identifiers for your wedding reception tables. This will make your décor and your entire wedding so much more unique and lovely!
Black Horse Inn is a stunning, elegant and timelessly beautiful wedding venue in Virginia. If you want your Big Day to be surrounded by history, elegance and amazing nature, come and visit us as soon as possible – you will love every inch of our venue!