The Black Horse Inn Bed & Breakfast
4 Distinctive Ways to Identify The Tables at Your Wedding Reception 23 May 2016, 12:09 pm
Your wedding reception is all about you and your love story – so it’s only normal to want to personalize it every single step of the way. What are some unique ways of identifying the tables at your wedding reception, though? We have gathered some ideas to inspire you – so read on to find out more.
- Yes, numbering your tables in a chronological order is not what you would call “personal” in any way. However, you could the traditional chronologically numbered tables with numbers that are meaningful for you (e.g. the date you met, the date he proposed, how many years you’ve been together, and so on) – and this would be an idea everyone will love!
- If numbers don’t appeal to you, change them with locations that are meaningful for you. The place where you first dated or the states you come from – these are locations that will always be important to you and they definitely deserve being incorporated in the Big Day.
- Are you the kind of couple who loves reading? Then bring this into your wedding day! Pick your favorite books and name tables after them! Guests will love being seated at tables named after amazing books – and this is a wonderful opportunity to add personality to your wedding too!
- If you and your loved one have photos you love, use them as identifiers for your wedding reception tables. This will make your décor and your entire wedding so much more unique and lovely!
Black Horse Inn is a stunning, elegant and timelessly beautiful wedding venue in Virginia. If you want your Big Day to be surrounded by history, elegance and amazing nature, come and visit us as soon as possible – you will love every inch of our venue!
6 Wedding Games to Make Your Reception # BlackHorseInn 16 May 2016, 4:57 pm
Your wedding should be one of the happiest and most memorable events of your life – so the entertainment you provide for your guests should be truly unique too. What are some wedding games that will make your reception at Black Horse Inn truly unforgettable? We have gathered some ideas for you – so read on if you want to inspire yourself.
- Childhood Games. It doesn’t matter how young or old you may be (or what age your guests are, for that matter). There will always be things everyone finds funny – such as blowing bubbles or writing with colored chalkboard. Organize games based on this and all of your guests – from the youngest to the oldest – will have tons of fun at your wedding!
- Again, this is the kind of game that will never have an age limit – so buy bulks of Legos and invite your guests to be creative. If you want to keep it stylish and unique, buy Lego in bulk, in the same colors. We guarantee everyone will have fun with this!
- Personalized Word Game. Create a unique crossword or word search game based on your love story and on your wedding. Place these games at each seat and invite your guests to find the solutions! To make things more competitive, offer incentives – such as small prizes or actions (e.g. a dance with the bride).
- Board Games. If you’re a couple who loves board games, there’s no reason not to bring this into your wedding day. Monopoly, Jenga and many other board games can add a fun touch to your Big Day and they can surely push boredom far from your guests!
- Scavenger Hunt. Are you in for an adventure? Here at Black Horse Inn, we can put our wonderful grounds at your disposal, for a unique Scavenger Hunt. People will love having fun outdoors and the game will surely make for unforgettable memories.
- Dancing Lessons. Sure, this may not be an actual “game” – but it can definitely be a very entertaining activity and it can teach guests something they will actually “take home” with them. Hire one or two dance teachers and invite guests to learn some new steps together with the pros. This will be huge fun!
Want to find out more about Black Horse Inn and what we offer here? Come visit our website, contact us, schedule a tour and book us for the Big Day! You will not regret your choice!
A Wine Country Inspired Wedding 9 May 2016, 4:53 pm
Sophisticated and yet so close to nature, wine country weddings have gained a lot of popularity in the last few years – and we can definitely see why. There’s something truly elegant in the chic combination of winery-themed décor and a bohemian touch – and it’s almost impossible not to fall in love with it!
How to pull it off, though? How to create a truly stunning wine country inspired wedding? Here are some tips for you to keep in mind:
- The colors. In general, winery-themed weddings go with the natural hues of summer and spring (since this is when most of these weddings happen). Lavender, earthy notes, deep reds (such as that encountered in red wildflowers) – these are just some of the colors you can include in a wine country wedding.
- The attires. If you want your winery-inspired wedding to be truly stylish and chic, push the attires to the “chic” limits, rather than the “rustic” ones. For the bride, a long and romantic sheath dress will be the perfect complement to the surrounding natural landscape. For the bridesmaids, pretty cream gowns accessorized with gold flower crowns will look elegant and graceful.
- The dinner. Elevate your family-style rustic-chic dinner table with opulent wedding florals and with tableware and glassware that look luxurious and fancy. This way, you perfectly combine the roughness of the country setting and the elegance of a winery to create a wedding décor and ambiance that are truly unique and fabulous.
Searching for a venue to have a wine country inspired wedding? Located less than one hour outside of Washington DC, The Black Horse Inn prides itself to be one of the most reputable, elegant and beautiful historical weddings. Come visit us, take a look at what we offer and you will be so charmed that you will want to book us right away!
3 Modern Bridal Shower Ideas Your Guests Will Love 2 May 2016, 3:19 pm
Your bridal shower is one of the most important pre-wedding events – so you definitely want it to be absolutely amazing. Regardless of whether you choose to plan your own bridal shower and go against tradition or if you choose to leave this into the hands of your Maid of Honor, you will surely want to make sure this event is truly unique.
To inspire you, we have gathered some of the most modern and entertaining bridal shower ideas. Read on, find out more and choose one your guests will really love:
- A dance party. It doesn’t matter who your guests are: they will definitely love to have fun dancing (either out in the town or at home, if you have enough space). Bring in some tasty snacks, some drinks and play on the music – this is guaranteed to make everyone have a lot of fun!
- Wine tasting. Want a bridal shower that’s sophisticated and elegant? Turn it into a wine tasting! Your girls will love to indulge in multiple types of wine and see what their flavors and bouquets are like. Plus, if you plan this at a winery, it can make for an unforgettable trip too!
- DIY party. We all love those Pinterest boards – so why not turn some of those great ideas into a full party? Bring the supplies, the instructions and a lot of sense of humor because you are about to create some pretty amazing DIY sugar scrubs and lip balms!
Searching for a wedding venue that’s welcoming, elegant and truly timeless at the same time too? Come visit Black Horse Inn! Our grounds are “charged” with history, beauty and amazing sophistication – so you will definitely love it here. Book one of our wedding packages and we guarantee you will never regret your choice!
Does Wine and Meal Pairings Have You Frustrated? Don’t Worry We Got You! 25 Apr 2016, 4:16 pm
You want your wedding to be an exquisite experience for each and every single one of your guests. You want this to be a truly memorable day – and while the music, the ambiance and the beauty of your love story are all obviously important, the absolute truth is that your food and your drinks are essential to the success of your wedding day.
How to pair the perfect wine with your delicious meals? We have gathered some of the basic tips you should know about this – so read on and find out more.
- Sweet dishes. When you serve sweet dishes or desserts, the wine should be at least as sweet as the dish in front of you. The reason this makes sense is quite simple: if the wine is more acidic than the dish, it will feel too sour and completely inadequate. Therefore, it is generally recommended that you serve a wine that’s higher in sweetness than the dessert or sweet dish on the menu.
- Salty dishes. The best wine to serve with salty dishes is a very crisp one (such as a Pinot Grigio, for example). This wine will be amazing when combined with salty food because the salt will reduce the acidity in the wine and it will also enrich its body.
- Acidic dishes. If you plan on serving something acidic, it is definitely recommended that your wine is highly acidic too. Otherwise, the wine may feel too flat and flabby and it may not provide your guests with the perfect wine-food combination.
Searching for a truly beautiful wedding venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and allow yourself to be embraced by our timeless elegance and incredible versatility! Come visit us and book our venue for your Big Day!
Why Book Black Horse Inn as Your Wedding Venue? 18 Apr 2016, 12:12 pm
There’s nothing we love more than weddings. Exciting and emotional, unique and sentimental, but more than anything, always full of passion, love and hope, weddings are our favorite events here at Black Horse Inn.
We’re genuinely in love with our couples and we always offer the very best – so that they can have their dream weddings right here, under our roofs. Why book Black Horse Inn as your wedding venue too? We have gathered some reasons you should consider – so read on to find out more.
- There’s an entire historical mansion at your disposal. Nothing compares to the romantic vibes of an old building with beautiful architecture to follow you every step of the Big Day. We guarantee it: once you see our venue, you will never think of any other option.
- All-inclusive packages are at your disposal too. If you are worried that wedding planning is going to be stressful, worry no more! Here at Black Horse Inn, we have created packages meant to make everything run extremely smooth both before and during the Big Day. Not only will we provide you with a superb ballroom for your reception and your choice of gardens and terraces for the ceremony, but we can also provide you with excellent wedding planning and day-of coordination services too!
- We will make it easy for your guests too. Although surrounded by gorgeous natural landscapes, our mansion is located just 45 minutes outside of Washington and 35 minutes away from the Dulles airport. This will make it easy for your guests to reach your venue – and celebrate with you not for a few hours, but for an entire weekend!
Want to find out more about us? Come visit Black Horse Inn, take a look at what we offer and we will make sure to help you make your dream wedding come true!
Save the First Few Rows at the Ceremony for Family 11 Apr 2016, 4:19 pm
Your wedding ceremony is a very important moment in your life – and in the life of your family as well. Therefore, you will definitely want them to take the first few seats for the big moment. How do you do that, though? How to save the first few rows at the ceremony for family and make sure other guests don’t sit there? We have gathered some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- First and foremost, let’s make this clear: you do not need to place “Reserved” signs on each of the seats. Not only would this be costly, but it could come out as impolite and almost aggressive as well – and that’s the last thing you want for your wedding ceremony.
- Instead, have a few ushers guide the guests towards the assigned seats. Tell your ushers which are the seats you want to reserve for the family and ask them to guide the family members there, while guiding the other guests on the other seats.
- If you want to block the aisle, consider using the same ribbon to block the first few rows for the family as well. This way, your ushers can simply take off the ribbon when family members want to take a seat and place it back, so that other guests seat behind the family.
- Last, but not least, if you really like the idea of having “Reserved” signs, you only need as many of them as the number of rows you want to reserve. Simply place them on either of the ends of the rows and ask your ushers to guide guests if they are confused.
Searching for a beautiful, timeless and truly elegant venue in Virginia? Come visit Black Horse Inn and take a look at what we offer! We guarantee you will love our venue and what it can provide for your Big Day!
5 Beautiful Ways to Remember a Deceased Parent at Your Wedding 5 Apr 2016, 3:43 pm
We don’t like to think of this – but death is an integral part of life. And while our dear ones may not be physically there for the important moments in our lives, they will surely be there in our memory, in our thoughts and, ultimately, in our very hearts. How to remember a deceased parent at your wedding, though? We have gathered some ideas to inspire you in creating a beautiful homage to your beloved parent – so read on to find out more.
- A father-daughter collage. If your dad cannot be there for your father-daughter dance, create a beautiful slideshow with your favorite photos of him and play the song you would have wanted for this special dance. It will make for an incredibly emotional moment!
- Your mother’s wedding dress. If your mom cannot be there for the Big Day, wear her wedding dress. She would feel so proud to see you walking down the aisle wearing the same dress as she did when she was in your place!
- Your parents’ wedding photos. Your parents’ love story is amazingly inspiring and beautiful – so why not bring homage to them (and their story) by displaying their photos at your wedding? It will look really beautiful!
- Embroidered details. If your mother or your father had a clothing item they really loved, cut a small patch off it and sew it on your wedding gown (either underneath it or in plain sight). This way, a piece of your beloved parent will be there with you as you spell out the big “I Do”.
- Leave a seat for them at the ceremony. Your parent may not be able to be there for you at the ceremony, but you can remember them by leaving a seat empty, with their favorite flower on it.
If you are searching for a beautiful wedding venue in Virginia, do not hesitate to come and visit Black Horse Inn. Timeless, elegant and unique, our venue can help you host a wedding you will genuinely love!
5 Things Guests Go Bananas for at Weddings 28 Mar 2016, 5:10 pm
Your wedding may be all about yourself and your great love story – but beyond anything, it is about sharing this great moment with the people who are dear to you. Therefore, it only comes as a natural wish to make sure all of your guests have a good time at your wedding.
- Late-night snacks. Yes, they are not healthy – but they can be so indulgent and good for the soul! Provide your guests with some classic late-night snacks with a twist – such as mini-burgers, spoons filled with comforting mac and cheese or delicious slices of cheesy pizza.
- Dessert trucks. There’s something childish and surprising about dessert trucks that makes them absolutely irresistible. Imagine how much fun your guests will have with your wedding ice cream truck!
- Photo booths (and video booths too). We live in the era of selfies and Social Media – so your guests will be more than appreciative if you provided them with a fun photo booth (and some even more fun props to “play around” with).
- If you plan to invite kids at your wedding, make sure their parents have fun by providing on-site babysitting and entertainment services. This way, guests will have fun at your wedding regardless of how young or old they may be.
- Anniversary dances. Weddings are real-life fairy tale stories – and anniversary dances are the very proof that love always wins. Regardless of how “tough” some of your guests may act, they won’t be able to resist your grandma and grandpa dancing on their favorite song.
Black Horse Inn can help you have a dream wedding – so if you are still searching for a beautiful venue, come visit us and take a look around. The wonderful grounds we’re on, as well as the amazing history behind us recommend us as a timelessly elegant wedding venue, suitable for a wide range of wedding ideas.
Photo Credit: Terra Dawn Photography
Real Wedding at The Black Horse Inn 21 Mar 2016, 7:06 pm
Here at Black Horse Inn, we truly love weddings. We love the amazing stories behind the couples who choose to celebrate this special day with us. We love the excitement, the joy and the sheer elegance every single wedding brings with it. We love the smiles and the amazing feeling only a wedding can make you experience.
Our biggest happiness is seeing brides and grooms who truly enjoy themselves while here with us – and the following video says more than a thousand words when it comes to this. Thank you Video Express for having shared this beautiful wedding movie with us! We are genuinely delighted to see the wonderful way you have portrayed this wedding – and, together with it, our beloved wedding venue as well.