Table Of Contents
One of the most historic and charming County Inns in the country, Warm Springs Inn is located in the heart of the Allegheny Mountains just 5 miles from the historic Homestead Resort. Warm Springs Inn offers 20 rooms with located within three individual builings on the property. Our hotel rooms have a unique feel and each room has its own private bath. At an elevation of 2,350 feet, this was the site of the very first courthouse and jail serving Bath County, Virginia. The structures date all the way back to 1802! In 1907, the courthouse was abandoned and all of the records were moved to downtown Warm Springs. The remaining building was used as a store while vistors to the community were often housed in the old jail building. As business grew, the site became known as the Maple Court Hotel. Socialites flocked to the area to take advantage of the beautiful views, fresh air and especially the famous warm mineral springs known as the Jefferson Pools which our guests now enjoy directly accross the road.
Warm Springs Inn offers an eclectic style in a historical setting. Fifteen sleeping quarters offer our guests intimate and unique accomodations at affordable prices. All rooms are located within three separate buildings, two of which have wrap-around porches which offer a delightful place to relax during your stay. The main building, which was once the Court House, hosts a public gathering area; including our on site restaurant, pub, and beautifully appointed breakfast porch. We offer a fixed breakfast menu for an additional charge of $8.50, reservations required the night before.
Looking for the perfect destination to host your reunion or corporate event? Allow us to provide a quote for your guest room, food, and beverage needs. Warm Springs Inn appeals to the budget-conscious event planner! Warm Springs Inn is a shining example of how fusing traditional elements of the past with exceptional food and over-the-top service makes a stay MEMORABLE!
Take a deep breath of crisp mountain air and your soul will begin to dance during your relaxing getaway to Warm Springs Inn. Pamper yourself with a dip in the Jefferson Pools or by enjoying a sumptuous meal! Our goal is to create a comfortable and welcoming environment so that your visit with us will never be your last! From the delectable food in our award winning restaurant, to the meticulously maintained guest rooms, our staff will exceed your expectations! Our guests return year after year. Will you be the next to join our Warm Springs Inn family?
"Experience complete relaxation of mind and body!"
Jefferson Pools known at the turn of the century as Warm Sulpher Springs, bubbles up in 2 seperate pools at a constant temperature of 98 degrees. They sparkle like champagne and flow at a rate of 1,200 gallons per minute. Historical icons such as Thomas Jefferson and General Robert E. Lee were frequent visitors to the pools, described as one of the most "delightful experiences and perhaps no other part of the globe has such pools of natural warm water!"
Bath County boasts some of the best hiking, hunting, and fishing in the Allegheny Mountains! Enjoy trout fishing on the Jackson River, or maybe one of the stocked rivers in the shadows of Back Creek Mountain. The George Washington National Forest covers more than 170,000 acres with hiking and biking trails offering access to rare blowing springs and high elevation cranberry bogs. Boating enthusiasts will revel in the beauty of 2,500 acre Lake Moomaw, while kayakers may prefer a relaxing paddle across the lake at Douthat State Park.
Warm Springs Inn sits on the doorstep of your next outdoor adventure. Come on up!
Chef Giovanni joins the Warm Springs Inn Culinary Team
We have discovered the magic again with our new Chef "Gio". Gio, born in Italy, considers himself a gourmet Chef as well as a real food advocate. His culinary style has been influenced by both his birth place, Apulia, which is famous for it's traditional Mediterranean diet and Tuscany where he lived most of his life before moving to the USA in 2006. His cuisine is not necessarily Italian, since he loves to cook with every natual ingredient he finds on his way to work (including back yard wild herbs) but there is certainly an imprint of both Italian tradition and food culture. His menu always includes fresh homemade pasta, bread and traditional Italian sauces. In addition, his menu features only scratch-made dishes always using all-natural ingredients with the complete absence of industrially processed ingredients such as artificial flavors, coloring and preservatives. He has been until just recently, the Chef-Patron of "The Bank Food and Drink" restaurant in Pearisburg, Va., which for the last three years had become a destination for Gourmets. His prior experience's include a wine and food consultant in Tuscany, a teacher at The International School of Cooking “Apicius” in Florence, Italy and had an interest in a wine bar / restaurant in Siena, Italy.
We are very excited to have Chef Gio here at Warm Springs Inn and believe his contribution to the culinary community will be recognized immediately by our patrons. Currently, we are open for dinner Fridays and Saturdays and additional nights will follow.
- Ricotta and asparagus muffin with fresh basil sauce -- Homemade sheep-milk ricotta cheese baked with fresh asparagus, served with extra virgin oil infused with fresh basil
- Salt-cured tuna with zucchini, leek and orange -- Fresh yellow fin tuna, cured in-house, dressed with with lemon and extra virgin olive oil vinaigrette
- Fave bean puree with wild herbs -- Gluten free, vegan and delicious
- Vegan soup - made fresh every day
- Shrimp and bacon involtini -- Shrimps are hugged by a bacon slice with fresh basil, sauteed together and served on a little salad and drizzled with balsamic reduction
We offer a salad that is locally sourced and extremly seasonal, home made dressings always include a real balsamic and extra virgin oil and a fresh ginger, lemon and peanut oil vinaigrette
- Gnocchi and melting leaks and smoked bacon -- Hand made potato gnocchi served with the delicate combination of bacon and leek and a touch of fresh tomato
- Quinoa cake with sunchesse -- Quinoa is an ancient grain cultivated in South America 4000 years ago, suncheese is made in-house with 100% sunflower seeds. Served with marinated broccoli and goji berries salad, gluten free and suitable for vegans that eat eggs
Ravioli (hand made) with butter and fresh sage
Hand made ravioli with home made ricotta and spinach, simply dressed with sage sauteed in butter, simple and amazing combination of flavors
- Chicken and Chardonnay -- Free-range chicken cooked with cilantro and wild herbs, served with a chardonnay glaze, cauliflower puree and sweet potato chips
Tagliata alla Florentina -- A traditional dish of Tuscany, a New York strip of filet marinated in fresh herbs, fire-grilled (medium rare) and served on a bed of arugula and parmigiano chesse shavings, finished with a balsamic reduction
- Parfait -- a home made light ice cream with a crunchy suprise of caramelized almonds inside, served with a warm coulis of fresh raspberries
- Mascarpone tart with pear au vin and dark chocolate -- mascarpone is a delicious Itailian cream cheese, the indispencable ingredient of real Tiramisu, the pear is cooked in a red wine and magic spices and is served with a reduction of it and dark chocolate