Steeles Tavern Manor and Alpine Hideaway Cottages
Table Of Contents
Lodging in the Heart of Shenandoah Valley
Tucked into the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Steeles Tavern, Virginia on 50 picturesque acres lies Steeles Tavern Manor Bed & Breakfast. Innkeepers Melissa and Ray Alexander invite you into our 1916-built Virginian manor house located in a peaceful country setting with a spring-fed pond, walking grounds, and babbling creek. Situated midway between the historic towns of Staunton and Lexington, guests can visit many attractions such as Crabtree Falls and the Blue Ridge Parkway, Historic Lexington, Staunton’s theater, renowned Central Virginia wineries, The Virginia Horse Center, Natural Bridge, antique shops, and championship golf which all are within twenty to thirty miles of our B&B.
The Inn offers five spacious guest rooms and suites each with gas or electric fireplaces, private baths with double Jacuzzi tubs, and modern amenities. The Inn’s decor offers a warm, relaxing environment and has a wine theme throughout the rooms with each guest room named for wine varietals native to Virginia. Guests are welcomed with Melissa’s STM Signature Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Start your day with our early morning coffee before enjoying our hearty, first-class plated breakfasts made with many local ingredients. Your day can include one or more of the activities in our area, or you may roam the grounds to enjoy views of our pond, cattle grazing in our hillside pasture, the rolling stream, or our in-ground swimming pool. Feel free to relax and enjoy warm hospitality during our complimentary early evening social hour at our wine bar, featuring local wines along with snacks or appetizers. Top the evening off with dinner at one of the many restaurants just minutes away in Lexington or Staunton. Our Inn guests will feel pampered during their stay and well rested when their visit has ended.
The coffee starts brewing just before 7:15 AM every morning. So come down to the Dining Room to start your morning off with a hot cup of coffee or hot tea and a sweet surprise.
Breakfast starts around 8:30 AM. Enjoy your meal in the comforts of the Dining Room or on the enclosed screened patio, weather permitting.
We proudly use many local ingredients in the preparation of our breakfasts and appetizers, supporting our neighbors. We also are bringing a little of Western Pennsylvania (our home area) to our breakfasts. We are excited to use the original Jenny Lee Bakery breads for our French Toast entrees. Now under the name of Five Generations Bakers, they provide us with their Cinnamon Raisin, Cinnamon Apple, and Cinnamon Swirl breads.
Breakfasts include a fruit dish as a first course or with your hot entree, which may be a frittata, stuffed French toast, or pancakes using Wade’s Mill products. Sausage, bacon, jellies, and jams from local providers when possible, are also included. When making your reservation, please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions.
After your day’s activities, please join us at the Wine Bar to enjoy a glass of Virginia wine, possibly some local cheese or an appetizer. Feel free to share the experiences of your day with Melissa and Ray along with the other guests and discuss your dinner options between Lexington, Staunton, or other local restaurants.
Things to Do
Steeles Tavern Manor Bed & Breakfast is conveniently located in the Blue Ridge Mountains, midway between Lexington and Staunton Virginia with a short journey to both Harrisonburg and Charlottesville. The Shenandoah Valley is a wondrous place rich in history and natural resources, the theatre, shopping, and outdoor activities.
Activities in our Neighborhood
- Cyrus McCormick’s Farm: Home of Cyrus McCormick, inventor of the grain reaper. Beautiful grounds, small museum, grist mill, nature trail and picnic area (1 mile away)
- The Antique Shop: Located on Route 11 across the road from our B&B
- Rockbridge Vineyard: Award-winning wines receiving national and state recognition
- Tour and taste year round
- Opened 7 days 10 am-6pm (5 minutes away)
- Historic Wade’s Mill: Wades’ Mill is a working water-powered grist mill on the Nation Register of Historic Places
- Fresh stone ground flours and more can be purchased in their store (15 minutes away)
- Orchardside Yarn Shop and Farm: This is a knitter’s dream. Latest fibers for knitting and crocheting in hundreds of colors and textures. In the summer, the farm is open for “pick your own” berries (15 minutes away)
- Blue Ridge Parkway: Rt 56 parallels our property which leads you on a beautiful drive to the Blue Ridge just fifteen minutes away. The Rt 56 entrance is at mile marker post 27. While in the Blue Ridge visit Crabtree Falls and the Appalachian Trail which are less than 30 minutes from us
- Gems of Rockbridge Geocaching Trail: High-tech treasure hunt using online clues and GPS coordinates to locate 10 hidden geocaches that were strategically placed to highlight the natural beauty of the gateway communities along the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Check out more activities on our website!