Montclair Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Located in the Stuart Addition, included in the National Register of Historic Places, Montclair is a carefully restored c. 1880 Italianate Townhouse in Historic Downtown Staunton, Virginia. Guests will enjoy the relaxed ambiance of the Fox Hunt Decor.
For your comfort each charming guest room is air conditioned, has cable television, telephone, and features antique double beds or two single poster beds and a fireplace.Montclair offers deluxe, personal service and overnight accommodations with your choice of rooms, a cozy library filled with reading material of interest to all; radio, television; parlor and dining room and a private sitting room. You will be welcomed with afternoon refreshments.Cozy PatioStart off your morning with coffee delivered to your door, followed by a gourmet breakfast served in the dining room. By prior arrangement you may have breakfast in your room. Feel free to relax and unwind indoors or on our cozy patio. We also host parties and special eventsTravelers looking for a unique stop will enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of Montclair.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Mark & Sheri Bang for sharing their own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Convenience to historic, shopping and dining area.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
Southern hospitality, accommodating hosts, good food, convenience and good value.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
American Shakespeare Center’s Blackfriars Playhouse.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
That guests are pampered but made to feel “ at home.”
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
There is great dining, music, theater, and art EVERY DAY.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
1. See the Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway-hiking, biking or driving and at least one of the local caverns.
2. Visit Woodrow Wilson’s Presidential Museum and Birthplace, and The American Frontier Culture Museum
3 .See boutique shops,galleries and churches in historic district and take walking historic district tour or trolley ride.
4. Attend one or more Shakespeare plays at Blackfriars Playhouse ( American Shakespeare Center).
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Everything is within easy walking distance – most guests park and never move their car until they leave.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Fine dining-Zynadoa, mid $ - Depot Grille, Mill Street Grille, least $-Baja Bean and Ethnic-Emilio’s ( Italian).
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
We have 4 rooms.
Do you accept pets?
No pets. Can recommend a local accommodation but it is not close and reservations can be hard to get.
Easily accessible via a short drive are:
- Museum of American Frontier Culture
- Waynesboro Factory Outlet Stores
- P. Buckley Moss Museum
- Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive
- VMI, W&L, JMU
- Historic Civil War Sites
Less than 35 minutes drive (I-64 or I-81):
Montclair offers deluxe, personal service and overnight accommodations with your choice of rooms, a cozy library filled with reading material of interest to all; radio, television; parlor and dining room and a private sitting room. You will be welcomed with afternoon refreshments.Cozy PatioStart off your morning with coffee delivered to your door, followed by a gourmet breakfast served in the dining room. By prior arrangement you may have breakfast in your room. Feel free to relax and unwind indoors or on our cozy patio. We also host parties and special eventsTravelers looking for a unique stop will enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of Montclair.
- Skiing, Canoeing, Riding, and Hiking
Your stay at Montclair is highlighted by its walking proximity to:
- Mary Baldwin College
- Stuart Hall School
- Woodrow Wilson Birthplace, Museum & Gift Shop
- Historic Downtown Churches
- The Historic Wharf District
- Antique Shops
- Downtown Staunton Shopping & Dining
- Gypsy Hill Park
- Statler Brothers' Museum
How To Find Us
From I-81 Exit 225 (Route 275-Woodrow Wilson Pkwy)
- Follow Rt. 275 1.4 miles to Route 11
- Turn left onto Route 11 South
- Follow Route 11, staying right at (2) forks (Rt.11-Business and N. Augusta Street ) 3.4 miles to Academy Street. Turn left on Academy and then left on N. New to Montclair-on left- at 320 N. New Street. (Exit 225 is north of Staunton.)
From I-81, Exit 220 (Route 262)
- Follow Rt.262 1.6 miles to Route 11 North
- Turn right and follow Route 11 (Greenville Ave.) 2.1 miles to arched railroad bridge
- Go under bridge and straight across onto Coalter Street
- Go two blocks and turn left on E. Frederick St. (Rt.254 West)
- Continue two blocks and turn right onto N. New Street. Montclair is on left at 320 N. New. (Exit 220 is south of Staunton.)
From I-64 East or West follow directions to merge onto I-81 North and follow above directions from I-81. We sincerely wish you a pleasant trip and look forward to your stay with us.