- Thick down featherbed, down comforters & pillows
- Indoor and outdoor dining areas
- A microwave & small refrigerator
- Separate heat pump furnishes central heat & a/c
- "Breakfast in a Basket" delivered to your door
- Large kennel area for special 4-legged family members
- Sip a drink on the front porch or read a book in the
- lower shade garden just below The Carriage House
This spacious guest room with large windows overlooks downtown Staunton, VA. It has a queen size bed, as well as a single bed, and an original fireplace now equipped with electric logs. The private ensuite bathroom has a tub/shower. This room is in "The Gilpin Willson House" which is now a vacation rental house and will sleep up to 8. You can walk to everything downtown from this house. Book the entire house for $425/night which includes all four bedrooms, three full bathrooms, use of the large kitchen, the living room, and the dining room.
This guest room has a queen size bed and there is an electric fireplace at one end of the room with seating to enjoy the fire. It has a private hall bathroom with tub/shower. This room is in "The Gilpin Willson House" which is now booked as a vacation rental house and will sleep up to 8 people.
The Garden Room - This room overlooks the gardens and faces south. It is a charming cozy room -- queen size bed (with down featherbed) and private ensuite shower bathroom. This room is in "The Gilpin Willson" vacation rental house which sleeps up to 8.
This room has a single bed. It is one of the four bedrooms upstairs in "The Gilpin Willson House" which is currently booked as a vacation rental house.
- We accept: Visa, MasterCard and personal checks received 30 days prior to reservation, as well as traveler's checks and cash
- All rates subject to state and local taxes
- Check-in: 3 - 6 pm, or by prior arrangement
- Check-out: 11 am.
- Please notify us of your intention to cancel at least 30 days prior to first day of reservation, and a full refund or gift certificate can be sent to you. With shorter notice, you are financially responsible for the entire booking unless we can re-book
- Corporate rates available for extended stays
- Children 12 and over welcome
- Pets welcome for guests staying in Traveler's Rest or The Craftsman. See below.
Pets are welcome to stay in The Carriage House and we also have another pet-friendly suite at the back of the Main House with a separate entrance called The Grand Suite. Pets are not allowed in other areas of the Main House. No more than two pets may stay in one suite at a time. All pets must be house trained or litter box trained. Pets must be kept on leashes when outside and not allowed to run free. You are, of course, responsible for cleaning up after your dog. Cats must bring their own litter boxes. Please bring your petâ€™s food dishes, toys, bed for sleeping, and any other special items. We want your pet to feel comfortable. Your pet must be current with flea and tick protection. Dogs must not be left unattended in The Carriage House or The Grand Suite. You may either bring your own crate or we have a wonderful kennel area which is indoors (in the garage area) and is 4'x 6'. It is preferable that your pets not sit or lie on the furniture but if he/she is likely to do so, please bring a sheet or cover to protect our furniture. It is very considerate of you if you will have your pet groomed or at least well-combed before staying in any B&B. Any damage caused by a pet will be charged to your credit card. There is an additional $15 per day fee for each pet.
Children 12 and over are welcome at Traveler's Rest.