Hopkins Ordinary Bed & Breakfast
The Rosemary Room is on the first floor at the back of the house. It has a fireplace, queen-size bed, lofty ceilings, and a large bathroom with a tub and shower combined. The room is very private and handicap accessible.
The Oregano Room on the second floor is a cozy room with a fireplace and a full-size bed. It has a sunny bathroom with a shower made for two and a semi-private porch.
The Sage Room is a spacious second floor room with a fireplace and a queen-size bed in the original 1820s-portion of the building. It has a large shower in the private bath and is bounded by porches
The Thyme Room has its own private balcony at the back of the house and a queen-size bed. This comfortable sunny room receives lots of morning light, and the private bathroom features a shower with a convenient bench.
The Lavender Room is a large room at the back of the house with a queen-size bed and a private porch with views of the town and the Blue Ridge. Curl up in a comfy chair in front of the wood-burning stove. Soak in the roomy claw foot tub in the sunny bathroom, which also has a separate shower. Extras available in the Lavender Room only: a twin bed or a private breakfast en suite can be provided for a fee
The Garden Cottage at Hopkins Ordinary
The Garden Cottage sits behind the B&B, closer to the river and next to the kitchen garden. It has 2 bedrooms (one with a full-size bed and the other with one full-size and one twin bed), one bathroom with a large, double-headed shower, a full kitchen, a living room and a dining room. The wrap-around porches are great for relaxing. The cottage sleeps five, and pets and children are welcome. Breakfast is included for stays of three nights or fewer. Rates vary according to length of stay (see below).
One night: $289.00
Two nights: $489.00
Three nights: $689.00
Four nights: $789.00
Five to seven nights: $889.00
Rooms & Policies
Hopkins Ordinary has five guest rooms with private baths, porches and fireplaces. Each guestroom has a private bathroom with soft, fluffy towels and rainfall showerheads. The rooms are individually heated and cooled. Each room has its own balcony space with views of the gardens, Shenandoah National Park and the historic village. All but one of the guestrooms have a fireplace or a woodstove. Each one is uniquely decorated with antique furniture, and their sizes vary. High-speed wireless access to the Internet is available.
- Hopkins Ordinary does not permit smoking indoors in any of its facilities. We will charge a $200 cleaning fee if there is evidence of indoor smoking.
- Only the Garden Cottage is equipped for children under the age of 16.
- Pets are welcome in the Garden Cottage. A pet fee may apply.
- In order to hold your reservation for the B&B guestrooms or the Garden Cottage, we require a credit card number to serve as a guarantee.
- If you must cancel, please provide more than 14 days notice. We will charge a $25 administration fee and refund any deposit.
- If you cancel with 14 days or fewer remaining before your first day'ss reservation, we will make every attempt to re-book your room(s). If we are successful, there is no charge. If we are unable to rebook the entire reservation, we will charge your credit card for the full amount of the reservation.
- Check-in is from 3PM until 7PM, however we make every attempt to accommodate your most convenient arrival time. Please check out by 11AM.
- Cooking facilities are available for guests in the Garden Cottage only.
- Fall and spring weekends and holidays may require a two-night stay.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, checks and cash.
- Room prices listed do not include state and county taxes of 9%.