Oak Grove Plantation Bed & Breakfast
In the library room, book-lined shelves and an antique oak desk and lamp distinguish this first floor room. It has a view of oaks, flowers and greenery, and a door leading outside. There is a comfortable seating area and a queen bed with a handicapped accessible bath. The Library Guest Room is handicapped accessible and dog-friendly.
The Family Suite
The entire upstairs, features the “Family Suite” with beautiful landscape views of ancient oaks and flowers. It has two large bedrooms, a hallway and a sun-filled bathroom.
- Federalist Blue Room pictured with a lacy canopy bed (double) and wood burning fireplace and a comfortable seating area.
- Across the hall is the Green Room with an antique quilt on the wall and handmade rug on the floor (twin beds).
- If you would like to reserve either the blue or the green room individually (for $100 per night), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 434-575-7137.
- Check-in 3:00 · Check-out 12:00
- Alcoholic Beverages Permitted
- Cash Accepted
- Checks and Credit Cards Accepted
- Children Welcome
- Innkeeper Pets in Residence
- Pets Welcome – Dogs accepted by reservation
- Smoking Outside Only
- Traveler’s Checks Accepted
- 50% deposit required for reservation, balance due on arrival.
- Refund of deposit will be made if canceled one week before date of arrival or if rental is secured after cancellation.
Oak Grove Plantation is the only Halifax County inn that welcomes dogs to accompany their owners.
We can take up to two dogs of all sizes to stay with their masters in our largest guest room on the ground floor with a separate entrance.
When they arrive, pets will find a special bag with dog treats and doggie pickup bags.
Guided dog hikes are available, and if you want to go out to the movies or dinner, pet-sitting can be arranged for a fee.
If your dog would enjoy company, we have frisky 8-year-old and 1-year-old standard poodles, who are eager to play with others.
$25 per visit for one or two dogs.
DOGGIE DAY HIKE
We’ll hike with your pet for two hours. Water and treat provided. Doggie digital photos
Want to shop, tour or bike during the day? Want a night on the town and need us to watch your pet? Let us play with your dog while you enjoy the fun.
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.: $5 per hour
6 p.m. to 11 p.m: $10 per hour
While we have a special affinity for dogs, we want to ensure the comfort and safety of all of our guests.
We expect our guests to follow these policies in regards to their dogs:
- Dogs should not be left alone in the room, unless they are in a crate for no more than two hours.
- We ask that your dog be current with his or her vaccinations.
- Dogs should be leashed outdoors.
- We do not allow dogs to go on any furniture.
- We don’t permit dogs who are aggressive toward our pets and guests.
- Guests should try to prevent pets from loud or frequent barking, howling or yelping.