The Holladay House Bed & Breakfast
The Garden Room
The Garden Room is perfect for a romantic getaway. Freshly remodeled with a relaxing color scheme that was inspired by the historic colors used in this part of the house, this room combines the amenities of a luxury hotel with the charm of a Virginia bed and breakfast.
The Garden Room includes a double-sized whirlpool tub with chromatherapy and heated back rest, so you can enjoy the benefits of a spa in the privacy of your own room. Wrap yourselves in the warmth of thick soft robes and fall into the king-sized bed. Melt your stress away with a massage from a licensed massage therapist. Watch a movie from our DVD library before you drift off to sleep amidst piles of pillows.
After a good night’s sleep, take in the morning air on your private side patio!
In addition to the air-jet whirlpool tub, this room includes a newly remodeled bathroom decorated in a vintage American style.
The Ivy Suite
Comfortably nestled in the historic English basement, the Ivy Suite is a romantic Virginia bed and breakfast escape. The Ivy Suite is our largest guest room and whirlpool suite, and includes a softly-lit bedroom, a comfortable living room, and a luxurious bathroom with a double-sized whirlpool tub and two-person walk-in shower.
This bed and breakfast suite integrates historical charm with modern convenience. In the early 19th century, the bedroom served as a dining room, and the original woodwork and pine flooring evoke feelings of comfort and an historical ambiance. The living room is appointed with period-appropriate antique furniture and lighting, but we also celebrate the realities of modern life with a comfortable 3-person sofa, a 50 inch plasma screen television, and a DVD player! An enormous whirlpool tub and a walk-in shower with two shower heads bring luxury and romance to your getaway, and thick robes, plush towels, and luxury linens complete the experience.
If necessary, the living room sofa can fold out to a queen-sized bed to accommodate two extra people.
The John Madison Suite
The John Madison Suite is a large, elegantly decorated romantic suite, perfect for an anniversary or honeymoon. The overstuffed queen-sized cherry four-poster bed is accompanied by a gas fireplace with the original historic mantel. The sitting room adjoins with a cozy couch and rocking chair facing the TV/DVD player. The large private bath is in-room with tub and shower. This room is well-suited for parties of 3 to 4 people.
The Oak Room
The spacious Oak Room is furnished with a queen-sized bed with a high carved antique oak headboard and matching dresser and end tables. A TV/DVD player sits conveniently across from the bed. Private bath with tub/shower adjoins. This room may accommodate a rollaway bed.
The Blue Room
The Blue Room houses a tester queen-sized bed romantically draped with airy white curtains next to an original fireplace and mantel (now equipped with a heated electric fireplace). A rocking chair and comfortable sitting chair face the TV/DVD player and desk. The private bathroom with tub/shower is only two steps across the hallway. We furnish you with luxurious robes for your convenience. This room may accommodate two rollaway beds.
This bright and cheerful room is the perfect place to settle down after a fun day of visiting James Madison's Montpelier, savoring local Virginia wine, or exploring the picturesque Virginia countryside. Recently refreshed with a happy new color scheme, Helen's Haven is a guest favorite. Formerly called the "Green Room," this room features original woodwork, including an original built-in wardrobe, solid wood doors, and crown moulding. The pleasing green trim (a Holladay family favorite) and early twentieth century furnishings (including an antique carved wooden headboard) provide ample historic charm, while the new addition of period-appropriate Japanese accents makes the room fresh and inviting.
We accept children of all ages, however parents or guardians must supervise minors at all times. All rooms are priced for double-occupancy. Any room carrying over 2 people will incur a $29/person/night extra charge.
- Our room rates range from $149 - $249
- Reservations may be made over the phone (540-672-4893) or online
- We require a credit card to confirm and book the reservation
- Check-in time is 3 - 7 pm daily. A later check-in time may be arranged by phone with the innkeeper
- Check-out time is 11 am daily
- Payment is due upon check-out
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, personal checks, traveler's checks and cash
- If a customer cancels 10 days or less prior to the date of check-in, the customer will be charged for each reserved night and room that The Holladay House cannot re-book
- The Holladay House will make every effort to re-book the room so the customer can avoid this charge
- If The Holladay House must discount the room(s) to book them, then the customer who cancelled will have to pay the difference
- Events, special weekends and holidays may require a 30-day cancellation policy
- No-shows will be charged the full amount of their reservation
- Our cancellation policy may change at any time for any reason, at the innkeepers' discretion
- We always include your cancellation policy in your written confirmation
- The policy described in your written confirmation will always supersede the standard cancellation described above
- We do not allow smoking anywhere inside the building or on the property
- We charge guests a $100 cleaning fee for smoking indoors
Occasionally, we will release a minimum stay requirement a few days prior to the date. So, if you must stay only one night, ask about being placed on our waiting list. We are happy to call and email about open availability on a first-come/first-served basis.
Most of our rooms will accommodate one or two extra people. There is an additional fee of $29 per extra person per night. Extra guests under two years of age will be charged $15 per person per night.