The Inn at Meander Plantation
Just for the Two of You Elopement Package
- Bride’s bouquet of fresh flowers
- Groom’s boutonnière
- Certificate of Vows
- Wedding cake for two
- Photo CD
- Romantic dinner for two
Total Elopement package is $750 plus room.
Our elopement package is designed to make your elopement a very special wedding day just for the two of you. When you arrive at the Inn you’ll choose from the many possible sites for your ceremony and check into your elegant accommodation. We’ll take care of everything else.
We’ll make arrangements for a wedding officiate licensed in Virginia to perform your ceremony including a bouquet for the bride (roses and/or fresh flowers with ribbon wrapped stems) and a boutonnière for the groom.
Then your reception will include a beautiful linen covered table with a white wedding cake for two, flowers, a silver champagne bucket with a bottle of champagne and two flutes from which to toast your lovely day.
Then after you’ve rested, our fantastic 5-course candlelight dinner will be served at 7:00 p.m.
You’ll spend the night in a lovely guestroom and then awake to a full breakfast the next morning.
To finish off the memories, we’ll take photographs of your ceremony, the kiss, the toasts, the cake cutting, the two of you at dinner and other candid moments. We’ll put these on CD for you.
(All Inn policies and some restrictions may apply as is availability of a marriage officiate. Wedding guests are an additional charge. )
Virginia Wine Country Package
- 2 nights lodging in one of our elegant guest rooms or suites
- A beautiful fruit and cheese tray and a bottle of Virginia wine on arrival
- Chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of Virginia Méthode Champenoise
- A picnic for two on the day of your choosing
- Gourmet breakfast each morning
- Our special three course en suite dinner available Sunday through Wednesday
- $575 for two persons, based on double occupancy. Or choose to stay Wednesday and Thursday, forego the 3-course en suite dinner on Wednesday, and instead enjoy our fantastic 5-course dinner, with wine pairings included, on Thursday for an additional $100.
- Leave the Driving to Vino Vans: Thoroughly and safely enjoy your Virginia winery experience. Book an escorted Vino Vans.com wine tour for the special price of $200 for 2 people. Requires 48 hours advance notice.
Virginia: the hottest new wine country (as proclaimed by Southern Accents Magazine and CNN travel) is the 4th largest producer of wine in the United States.
Virginia vintners are producing award winning wines that compete on both the national and international levels. The Inn at Meander Plantation’s Virginia wine list is arguably the most comprehensive in the world. Owners Suzanne and Suzie will share their favorite wines and favorite wineries during this fantastic 2 night package. They’ll give you maps, brochures and insider information to the best wines in the state.
This all-inclusive package, available Sunday through Wednesday, includes:
(some restrictions apply)
Father of the Constitution Package
- 2 nights lodging in one of our elegant guestrooms
- Bountiful Full breakfast each morning
- Fruit and Cheese Tray and bottle of Virginia wine on arrival
- 3-course French Dinner Basket for two
- 2 tickets to James Madison’s Montpelier
- 10% discount at the Montpelier Gift Shop
- Picnic lunch for two
- Applicable taxes
Take advantage of our proximity to Montpelier, a top Virginia attraction, with this unique bed and breakfast getaway package. It’s a once-in-a-life-time opportunity to experience the rebirth of a national treasure!
Montpelier, home of our 4th President and “Father of the Constitution,” is being restored to the home that James and Dolley Madison knew in the 1820s. The 2750 acre National Trust for Historic Preservation property is less that 15 minutes from The Inn at Meander Plantation and this restoration is a must-see for history lovers and Patriotic Amercians.
Our All-inclusive package is available on Sunday through Wednesday and includes:
$550 based on double occupancy
Or choose to stay Wednesday and Thursday, forego the 3-course French Dinner Basket on Wednesday, and instead enjoy our fantastic 5-course dinner, with wine pairings included, on Thursday for an additional $100.
Horseback Riding is available at a local farm just minutes from your Virginia wine country guestroom. At least 24 hours notice is required. $40
*price per person, payable to provider
Out for a day of exploring the area? Let us pack you a gourmet picnic lunch to take along. Suitable for 2. Notice needed the day prior, please. And add a bottle of wine from our exclusively Virginia wine list to make the meal complete. $30
Relaxing, revitalizing massage is available to all guests with at least 24 hours notice. Our professional massage therapist will set up in your Virginia wine country guestroom for a one hour massage. $95
- Bed and Breakfast Package: lodging, meals and classes, and class materials: $1050 for two persons/ $500 for one person plus taxes and gratuities. Ask your innkeeper for the great discount offered on lodging for the night before or after Cooking School.
Please join us for a gourmet Virginia wine country Inn Cooking School featuring the sophisticated southern cuisine of The Inn at Meander Plantation, an Orange VA bed and breakfast located near Montpelier. These two-day classes teach recipes and techniques for sumptuous, elegant, and fun meals.
Classes are led by our talented chef and Suzie Blanchard, executive chef/owner of the Inn. Suzie is a 23 year veteran instructor, and formerly food editor of 40 suburban Chicago weekly newspapers.
Two-day courses are held on Mondays and Tuesdays throughout the year. Both days will be packed with cooking facts, and fun-filled classroom instruction and participation. Chef Blanchard and the Inn's staff bring humor and panache to every topic they teach. Classes will be held in the kitchen. We try to leave time for a bit of local exploring and shopping for those who choose!
Spend 2 nights (For 2 persons) in one of our beautiful rooms or suites. As always, Cooking School is first come-first choice of accommodations
Both mornings we’ll offer a full, gourmet breakfast as the perfect way to start the day
Receive class materials and a take-home notebook full of recipes, tips, and information
Add the Evening Before at an Incredible Discount!
Lunch will be prepared and enjoyed by you on both days
Our first evening (Monday) we’ll dine in a more casual Bistro style on some of our delicious day’s efforts.
On the second night (Tuesday), we’ll sit down to a fabulous 5-course Wine Dinner prepared by our chef — complete with wine pairings. These evenings feature one of our wonderful and knowledgeable local vintners.
You’ll take home an Inn at Meander Plantation apron to wear in your own kitchen!
- Dig in Style – 6 days of discovery with Montpelier’s archaeologists. $1640 Single; $2735 Double, plus taxes.
- History Weekdays and History Weekends, $395-$490 Single; $595-$660 Double, plus tax
- Montpelier Wine & Dine Weekend --$595 Single, $835 Double, plus tax.
Montpelier, the Orange County home of James Madison and his wife Dolley, has undergone a multi-million restoration that offers an incredible insight into the life and thinking of our nation’s third President. In conjunction with our local Inns at Montpelier organization, the staff at Montpelier has designed three enticing packages to help you experience Mr. Madison’s Virginia. They are:
- Festive balloon bouquet
- Fresh flower arrangement in take-home vase
- A bottle of our house Virginia wine (Choose from blush, pinot grigio, chardonnay, pinot noir, merlot or cabernet sauvignon; sparkling wine also available)
- Cheese and fruit tray
- Decorated 8-inch celebration cake
Celebrating a birthday, anniversary or any special occasion? We’ll get the party started for you, with celebration essentials waiting in your room when you arrive. The package, added to the price of any room you choose to book, includes:
$175, plus tax. Requires 48 hour notice, please.
Pets Welcome Package
- Two nights lodging in one of our elegant pet-friendly guest rooms
- Pets stay free; normal pet fee waived
- Yummy Meander-made dog treats on arrival
- Gourmet 3-course Dinner Basket for 2 humans one of the nights of your stay
- Full breakfast each morning, with seating on the back porch so your puppy can join you, when weather permits
- Gourmet picnic for the humans, with a little something for the puppy, for the day of your choice
Pet owners love to travel with their pets. After all, what’s a getaway without your best friend? So pack the pooch (or kitty or bunny or hedgehog … okay, you get the picture) and head for the country where our 80 acres offer lots of room for exploration and new adventures together. Our pet-friendly rooms all offer easy outside access.
Our Pets Welcome Package, available Sunday through Wednesday, includes:
$450, plus taxes Or choose to stay Wednesday and Thursday, forego the 3-course Dinner Basket on Wednesday, and instead enjoy our fantastic 5-course dinner, with wine pairings included, on Thursday for an additional $100.
Dozen Roses $65
One dozen roses waiting in your romantic Virginia wine country guestroom, in a vase for you to take home. A beautiful, fragrant addition to your room. 24 hours notice is required for the florist to prepare your flowers.
The Romantic $145
1 Dozen roses, a bottle of chilled champagne, fine chocolates and a cheese and fruit tray waiting in your Virginia wine country guestroom when you arrive will make her eyes light up. A must have for a truly romantic weekend. 24 hours notice is required.
Cheese & Fruit Tray $30
A silver tray piled high with various fine cheeses, crackers and fruit. A welcoming and relaxing treat for the road weary. At least 2 hours notice is required for the chef to prepare your tray to be delivered to your Virginia wine country guestroom.
Fresh Flowers $35
Fresh flowers to brighten your Virginia wine country guestroom, in a vase for you to take home with you. Flowers may vary, but each bouquet is a beautiful addition to your room. At least 2 hours notice is required for the florist to prepare your bouquet.
Virginia Wine or Champagne
A bottle of Virginia wine or champagne on a silver tray with glasses and a wine opener waiting in your room when you arrive. House wines include Gray Ghost Chardonnay, Barboursville Merlot; Barboursville Brut (sparkling) Prince Michel Pinot Grigio, but any bottle from our extensive Virginia wine list can be substituted.
Guided Wine Tour $300
Enjoy a worry-free day of tasting at some of Virginia’s finest wineries and leave the driving to a wine-knowledgeable professional. Let us book you a guided tour with Vino Vans, a locally-owned winery touring company. Special rates offered for groups. Available daily with 48 hours notice. See vinovans.com for tour package details. *Price is per couple; payable to provider.