The Inn at Meander Plantation
Summer Kitchen - $265
This VERY private and romantic Virginia wine country suite was the original plantation kitchen. Although located in a separateSummer Kitchen guestroom at Inn at Meander Plantation, a B&B near Virginia wineries and Montpelier building, it is joined to the manor house by a covered Jeffersonian brick archway. The Summer Kitchen features a large sitting room on the first floor and the huge Colonial cook-fireplace with gas logs. The spacious bedroom upstairs has a king-size canopy bed and wood-burning fireplace. Private bath has clawfoot soaking tub and shower. Light and airy with hand-refinished floors throughout, this architectural and historic treasure offers breathtaking Blue Ridge mountain views and vistas of verdant rolling pastures and woods. This suite is pet-friendly.
Colonel Fry's Suite - $220
Large elegantly furnished romantic Master suite is richly decorated in greens with crisp whiteVirginia B&B luxury guestroom -- Colonel Fry's Suite trim; carved rice four-poster queen-size bed is dressed with designer covers and luxurious 600-thread count sheets. Heart-of-pine floors have been lovingly refinished and a beautiful colonial fireplace with gas logs adds warmth and ambiance. This room has an extra large private bath! There’s easy access to the upstairs porch where plentiful rockers and wicker furniture beckon. An adjacent Sitting Room with love seat completes this large, welcoming suite.
Robinson -- $185
History and ambiance abound in this 1700s brick dependency building with wood burningVA B&B accommodations near Montpelier and Virginia wineries fireplace and golden oak floors. This dependency room has a lovely pencil post canopy queen bed and a private full bath. The original cathedral ceilings and hand-hewn beams complete the mood. The windows frame rolling landscapes and beautiful mountain views. This is a pet-friendly room.
Rapidan -- $185
The wood-burning fireplace creates an aura of romance in this historic dependency, only stepsGuest Room from the manor house. This lovely room is furnished with antiques and a queen cherry four-poster bed. Oak floors and hand-hewn beamed ceiling add to the original Colonial nature of this charming room with private bath. Beautiful Piedmont Mountain vistas are just outside. This is a pet-friendly room.
Madison Cottage - $220
This sophisticated, dramatic, very private cottage is located just across the back Virginia wine country accommodations located near Montpelier and Orange VAgardens from the Manor House. Madison features a beautiful queen-size black pencil post bed dressed with custom-made linens and fine 600 thread-count sheets. The most alluring feature of this recently completed cottage is the incredible two-person spa shower with rainfall, hand-held, and regular shower heads and multiple body jets. Entrance to the cottage is through a gorgeous private garden with a trickling gold fish pond and terrace. This is a pet friendly room.
Shearer Suite - $240
Virginia wine country lodging doesn't come more luxurious! This romantic two-room suite opens onto inviting upstairs porch with magnificent Blue Ridge mountain views. The large, gracious private sitting room, decorated in ivory and Chinese reds with Oriental rug on the pine floor, has working fireplace and sleeper sofa. The dramatically decorated bedroom has a cherry queen four-poster bed piled with pillows. The connecting private bathroom is light and airy and offers an over-sized soaking tub with shower. The suite is a tribute to the Shearer sisters’ taste and refinement.
Lightfoot Room - $225
The Lightfoot Room is an elegant large downstairs room in the manor house with a private outside entrance overlooking the gardens and fountain. Named for owners of the property during the civil war, Lightfoot has gleaming heart pine floors, antiques, wing back chairs and king bed with luxurious linens in beautiful shades of an updated green toile, giving nod to the age of the 1766 house with bright, large windows. The bath has a two-person, large vertical spa shower with 12 massaging body jets and two hand held sprays in addition to regular shower.
Washington Cottage - $285
This luxuriously appointed room has it all – beautifully carved king-size bed with elegant linens, Two-person jacuzzi in Virginia wine country near Montpelier and Orange, VAgas-log fireplace, two-person Jacuzzi tub and private patio with beautiful views. The Father of Our Country should have had it so good! Located at the west end of the property, it is adjacent to the Groom’s Cottage. This room is pet friendly.
Mr. Jefferson's Suite - $190
Although our Virginia inn is closer to Montpelier than Monticello, we still felt compelled to name this room after the popular president. In fact, an historical footnote: President Jefferson stayed here when visiting! This expansive upstairs suite features two queen-size beds, other lovely antiques, Although closer to Montpelier, this Virginia B&B guestroom is named after Thomas Jefferson, the master of Monticellorefinished original pine floors and an antique Oriental rug. The adjacent sitting area includes the house library. The private bath features a large soaking tub and shower. The ever-popular back porch is only steps away through a separate exit.
Groom's Cottage - $225
Quaint one-room cottage near the stables offers spectacular mountain views and breathtaking sunsets from your window. The Groom’s Cottage, originally used to house the groomsmen caring for the horses, has king-size four-poster bed, full bath and gas-log fireplace. The Groom’s Cottage is pet-friendly.
- Our Virginia wine country inn seeks to provide a respite from the stresses of everyday life. . .children and home as well as work. . .making it appropriate for children at least ten years of age.
- For guests choosing to travel with pets several rooms are pet friendly. ($25 additional fee).
- All our central Virginia lodging rooms are non-smoking. Smoking is permitted outside only.
- Each morning's creative three-course breakfast, drawing from the area's quality ingredients and culinary traditions, is included in the room rate. Breakfast is served at one seating at 9 o'clock.
- We require a 50% deposit which is fully refundable with 14 days notice of cancellation, minus a $25 cancellation fee. Holidays, Virginia Wine Country Cooking School and group reservations require 30 days cancellation notice.
- Two-night minimum required on weekends. Some holidays require 3-night minimum and meals.
- Dinner is required at least one night of stays on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Please indicate the night(s) your will have dinner when making your reservationl
- No-show and same day cancellations will be charged for the entire stay.
- Cancellations are accepted over the phone. E-mail and fax messages are not sufficient to cancel a reservation.
- Group reservations are limited to three rooms; larger groups should call and discuss with an innkeeper.
- You must have your dog on a leash and under your control at all times for the protection of you, other guests and Meander staff. Please do not allow your dog to run freely around the property. Even if your dog has never been aggressive towards other dogs or humans, “surprises” can happen.
- We provide fine linens in each of our rooms. While we would prefer that your dog not get on the bed and furniture, if you do allow it, please use the provided “dog” sheet to protect the linens. If one is not in your room an innkeeper will gladly get you one. You are responsible for any damages.
- Potty breaks should be confined to areas away from buildings. (Ron, our gardener, asks to use the back yards, not front, please. ) While we understand that “accidents” may occur in inappropriate places, please be kind enough to remove it. No one likes ruined shoes; especially other inn guests who may not be as pet friendly. “Scoopers” are available.
- Absolutely no dogs in the main house.
- We prefer that you take your dog with you when you are away from the Inn. We are not a substitute for a kennel. If you must leave your dog for short periods in your room, please crate your dog.
- No barking!
- Please do not use Inn towels for dirty paws. An innkeeper will gladly get you something suitable.
- Please be considerate of Inn furnishings.
We hope you and your pet’s stay is most enjoyable. We will gladly accommodate you in any way possible.