During your stay in our Lexington, Virginia lodging, you might choose the Garden Room, which overlooks the garden and is papered in a soft green stripe and decorated with a floral motif in fabrics and art. It is also the most Victorian guestroom of our historic inn with a variety of Victorian furnishings — a settee, an old rush-seat rocker, a dresser, a writing desk, period lamps, and a queen faux-bamboo bed. In colder months, the electric wood stove beneath the mantel lends quaint charm and extra warmth, making the Garden Room an excellent choice for a Virginia getaway, throughout all four seasons.
1868 Magnolia House Inn’s Garden Room features a private bath with shower, air conditioning and WiFi Internet access
As you make your Virginia travel plans, be sure to make reservations in our beautiful Equestrian Suite. Hunting prints on the wall, a huntboard beneath the mirror, and a warmly polished pine floor topped by an Oriental carpet set the tone of the main room and reflect our location in Virginia horse country. A four-poster queen bed, an Empire-style barrister bookcase, and a recliner and loveseat that flank the gas-log fireplace carry out the classic theme in deeper tones of burgundy, green and navy.
A second room is furnished with country pieces, including a Victorian dresser, antique mirrors and framed prints, and a single brass bed to accommodate a third person or to provide a separate sleeping option.
Make the equestrian theme of your Lexington vacation complete with a visit to the Virginia Horse Center, a beautiful 400-acre facility serving all different kinds of horsemanship.
1868 Magnolia House Inn’s Equestrian Suite features a private bath with shower and bathtub, a private outside porch furnished with a pair of wicker rockers, air conditioning and WiFi Internet access.
Named for the Inn’s location as a Shenandoah Valley bed and breakfast, the Shenandoah Suite is a beautiful space in which to enjoy a Virginia getaway. In the suite's main room, a still-life tapestry hangs on the wall above the queen sleigh bed. A lounge chair and ottoman make a cozy nook for reading beside the built-in bookcase and gas-log fireplace — with its authentic period arched iron surround. The Empire sofa is set on a needlepoint rug. The entire room is wrapped in soft shades of cream, beige, and misty green with accents of burgundy and light blue.
A second room offers further Shenandoah Valley lodging, with a single bed for a third person, or as an option for two people sleeping separately. This room is periwinkle, with antique hanging light fixtures and an extra sink/vanity in addition to the shower bathroom.
Beyond is a sun porch sitting area decorated as a conservatory with potted plants, palm wallpaper, and a wicker rocker beside the Victorian oak lamp table. (To host a family of four, a rollaway bed can be set up in the sun porch).
1868 Magnolia House Inn’s Shenandoah Suite features a private bath with shower and extra vanity area, air conditioning and WiFi Internet access.
The Sunshine Room of our Lexington bed and breakfast is a cheerful space with pale yellow walls that reflect the sunshine that streams in from east- and south-facing windows. Oriental design carpets lie atop a pine floor. Enjoy the nights of your Lexington vacation in the comfort of a queen sleigh bed that is plumped with yellow and white bedding. At the foot of the bed, a little antique brocade settee--custom made long ago in China for missionaries there--faces a vintage wardrobe. Beneath the original mantel, a faux-wood electric stove glows with charm and warmth. A pair of cream wingback upholstered chairs is nestled in a bookcase nook. (And look for the collection of ducks and geese parading about lightheartedly in various corners!) With so many special touches and the personalized service you will experience during your stay, you will find your bed and breakfast accommodations to be an excellent alternative to a Lexington, VA hotel.
1868 Magnolia House Inn’s Sunshine Room features a private bath with shower, air conditioning and WiFi Internet access.
The finest of our Virginia accommodations has first-floor convenience, a king four-poster bed, a gas-log fireplace with the original mantel, and a private bath with a Jacuzzi whirlpool tub (a marble-top antique Eastlake dresser has been converted for the bathroom vanity with a vessel sink and period bronze fixtures).
The room's ambiance is classic and comfortable, with original wainscot paneling painted a soft gold and surmounted by old-fashioned floral print wallpaper. A vintage tapestry over the bed depicts a mountain forest scene reminiscent of the Blue Ridge, while an antique portrait of a Victorian lady gazes down from above the mantel. The polished hardwood floor is softened by an Oriental carpet. The appointments include antique oil lamps, a leather wing chair and an upholstered loveseat/chaise, and a small writing table with convenient electric outlets for laptop and cell phone recharging.
Our bed and breakfast’s location makes a convenient lodging choice when you are making plans to visit one of the area’s well-known colleges. Instead of making reservations at a conventional hotel when you visit Washington and Lee University or the Virginia Military Institute, allow us to provide you with beautiful accommodations and personalized service.
1868 Magnolia House Inn’s Lexington Room features a private bath with a Jacuzzi whirlpool tub, air conditioning and WiFi Internet access.
- 1868 Magnolia House Inn is smoke-free.
- We have no accommodations for pets but will gladly make arrangements with a local kennel.
- Wireless Hi-Speed Internet is available for your laptop throughout the Inn
- We do not offer handicap access; however, our Lexington Room on the first floor can accommodate those who prefer not to climb stairs.
- Well-behaved children age 12 and over are more than welcome.
- The rate for each person over two per unit is $30.
- Arrivals between 3:00 and 6:00 PM (call us if other arrangements are necessary); check-out by 12:00 noon.
- A full cooked breakfast is served to all guests at the same time: Monday-Friday at 8:30 AM, and Saturday and Sunday at 9:00 AM. Early departures may arrange for a continental breakfast. Morning coffee is served from 7:30 AM
- A credit card or check is required with reservations.
- A minimum of two nights will apply weekends April 15 through June 15, August 15 through November 15, most holidays, and college events (for some college events, a three-night minimum applies).
- One-night weekend bookings are accepted year round as of 3:00 PM the Sunday previous.
- For cancellation 7 or more days in advance (except for college events and special reservations*) – no penalty; cancellation less than 7 days prior to stay requires one half amount due.
- Please ask for cancellation policies for college events, reservations *longer than three days, and *multiple-room reservations.