Applewood Inn & Llama Trekking
The Quilter's Room
Double Jacuzzi/shower, gas fireplace, child friendly, private porch, access to refrigerater and coffeemaker.
This spacious room at Applewood Inn offers the perfect lodging accommodations for a Virginia family vacation when you travel to the Lexington, VA area. Located on the ground floor, this wheelchair accessible room has a four-poster queen bed, love seat, gas-log fireplace, and large bath with Jacuzzi/shower combination. The room is decorated with a variety of hand-quilted items and adjoins a beautiful private porch with wicker chairs and table. This room also has a single bed and room to set up a cot. It is ideal for couples or families (children 6+).
So, make a reservation for your next vacation getaway in the Virginia mountains of the Shenandoah Valley. There is a myriad of attractions and activities in the area to interest everyone in your group. When you choose lodging at Applewood Inn, you experience the unique amenities a B&B has to offer as an alternative to hotel accommodations.
The European Room
Gas fireplace, private hot tub, private porch, pet friendly, access to refrigerater and coffeemaker
This lodging in Lexington, VA at Applewood Inn is a comfortable queen-bedded, ground-floor room with a European flair. Artwork from Germany, France, and Holland adorns the walls. A gas-log fireplace adds a cheerful touch. Adjoining through French doors is a small, private enclosed porch with table and wicker chairs which, in turn, adjoins your private 5' x 4' California redwood hot tub. The hot tub area also opens through French doors onto a patio & garden with stone steps up to the swimming pool. The private bath has a shower. We accept quiet, well-behaved guest dogs in this pet-friendly room. Outside the room in the foyer is a small refrigerater stocked with beverages and a Keurig coffeemaker with a selection of coffees and teas to choose from.
We believe this is the only moderately priced room with a private hot tub in the county, so make a reservation for your next romantic getaway in the Virginia mountains of the Shenandoah Valley. When you choose lodging at Applewood Inn, you experience the unique amenities a B&B has to offer as an alternative to hotel accommodations.
The Blue Ridge Room
TV, refrigerater, & coffee maker, double jacuzzi/shower, gas fireplace, huge private porch, pet and child friendly
The Blue Ridge Room, a beautiful new addition to Applewood, is ideal for Virginia family vacations. This spacious guestroom consists of a queen bed and a queen sofa bed with Memory Foam mattress, sleeping from 2 to 4 persons. Linda has painted a 4-inch-high chair rail mural around the room of the views from the top of the hill.
A child-friendly room for guests aged 8 years and up, the Blue Ridge Room also provides pet-friendly bed and breakfast lodging in the Virginia mountains for well-behaved dogs. (Please inquire about possible restrictions when making your reservations.)
The Blue Ridge bath is large and has a two-sink vanity area with Jacuzzi tub room on the left and a separate toilet room on the right. This room has a flat-screen TV, a bar sink and refrigerator, a Keurig Coffee Maker, and three ceiling fans in addition to the central air conditioning. The room opens onto a huge enclosed porch with private entrance. This room is an excellent choice for dogs who like to see their owners during breakfast without actually being in the dining room from which they are prohibited.
- ADVANCE RESERVATIONS are suggested for most weekends at Applewood Inn. They are required for the weekends in May and October, preferably months in advance, due to activities at the universities.
- In order to receive the seasonal discounts or single rates, one must pay by cash or check. Otherwise the rate is the same as in-season.
- State and local taxes of 11% are additional.
- All rooms include private baths, queen beds, robes, hair dryers, central air conditioning, and ceiling fans and gas log fireplaces.
- All rates are for two persons using one bed ($5 for extra bed in Quilter's, $10 for extra bed in Blue Ridge Room i.e. 2 persons using 2 beds).
- Single person rate Mon.-Thurs.:$25 less if paid by cash or check.
- Extra adult in room: $20 (in Quilter's Room or Blue Ridge Room)
- Extra child age 8-11 in room: $15/ 1st child, $10/2nd in Quilter's Room or $15 for 1st and $5 for 2nd child in the Blue Ridge Room. No children under 8 years (sometimes as young as 6 if there are no other guests)
- All rooms including the European Room are dog friendly: $20 first night, $10 subsequent nights/dog
- Visit the availability section of this site and make your reservations online or telephone toll-free 800-463-1902 or 540-463-1962 to reserve your room. Please call between 8 am and 9:30 pm.
- A DEPOSIT of one night's rate may be made with credit card or check, however a check is preferred within 10 days of making the reservation, if the reservation date is more than 6 weeks away. Written confirmation will be sent by regular mail upon receipt of a deposit. An extra fee is charged on credit card transactions .
- CANCELLATIONS: Your deposit will be returned to you less a $25/room service charge if cancellations are received no later than three weeks before arrival date (30 days for Graduation and Parents Weekends).
- PAYMENT ACCEPTED: Cash, check, VISA, MasterCard, and traveler's checks. However, in order to receive the mid-week discounts, payment must be by cash or check or travelers checks.
- CHECK-IN: 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. unless otherwise arranged. Unarranged early check-ins will be subject to an extra charge, so please call.
- CHECK-OUT: by 11 a.m.
- MINIMUM STAYS: There is a two-night minimum stay required on in-season weekends and THREE NIGHTS on most major holidays; please inquire. The European Room has a two-night minimum on weekends most of the year, three on holidays.
- SMOKING: Due to the design of the house, smoking is allowed only outdoors, preferably in the gazebo by the pool or at least 15 feet away from the house. SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED ANYWHERE INDOORS.
- CHILDREN: Well-behaved children, 8 years and up, are accepted in the Quilter's Room and the Blue Ridge Room. Please inquire about younger children.
- PETS: We welcome guests' quiet, well-behaved dogs in the European room, Blue Ridge Room and sometimes the Quilter's Room; please inquire. We request that you plan to include your dog in the day's activities unless the dog is too elderly; we can recommend a number of dog-friendly outings. An extra fee of $20 is charged for the first night; $10 for subsequent nights. To ensure other guest's safety and comfort, dogs are usually not allowed in common areas. Exceptions can sometimes be made, so inquire when making reservations. Dogs are to be leashed in the garden areas around the Inn. Dogs left in the room unattended should be crated unless they are older, and a cell phone number left with the innkeepers. On the premises, we have 7 llamas, 2 older dogs, and a cat that stays outside or in the owners' quarters.
Ground floor bedrooms are available for the physically challenged.
One is wheelchair accessible.