Woodward House on Manor Grade
Table Of Contents
The Woodward House on Manor Grade is located in Front Royal, Virginia.
Built in 1910, the house has evolved from a family home to the warm and feel at home bed and breakfast that it is today. The moment you enter its cozy elegance you feel that down home warmth, just like you imagined going home to be -- a gentler, quieter time.
The Woodward House on Manor Grade is but a short distance from where the famous Sky Line Drive, with its many hiking trails, wildlife treats, and scenic overlooks. Wineries, restaurants, river water sports, golf, horseback riding, antiquing, auctions and flea markets, to name a few, are within hollering distance.
The Woodward House offers a selection of eight accommodations. All with private baths, cable TV, air conditioning and radiator heat. All tastefully furnished with period pieces and decorated with a fresh warm look.
Activities and Attractions Nearby
There are plenty of activities and attractions accessible from the Village of Front Royal. Just 70 miles from Woodward House on Manor Grade, is Washington D.C. Below is an abbreviated list of activities and attractions around the area:
- Air Rides: hot air balloons and WWII rides
- Antiques and Specialties stores
- Art Gallery
- Book Stores
- Explore Caverns
- Civil War Battlefields and museums
- Fishing and hunting
- Historical Homes
- Horseback Riding
- Llama Hiking
- Wineries and Vineyards
For a more detailed list, please visit our "What To Do" in Shenandoah Valley page on our website.
Breakfast is served, 7:30 AM and 9:00 AM, in the Brick Room. This cozy dining room looks out over the flower and herb garden. Tasteful decorations, Bobs photographs, Joan's collected tea pots and chickens, a beautiful oak Hoosier and charming window treatment, are all ingredients of a fine dining experience.
From Washington DC
- West on Rt 66 to exit 13, the Linden/ Front royal exit
- This puts you on Rt 55 West
- Continue west on Rt 55 into the town of Front Royal, about 7 or so miles
- You will encounter three (3) traffic lights
- You must turn left or right here, the road tees with Rt 340, South Royal Ave
- You turn right and immediately on your left is the driveway to the Inn
- Turn in and you are here
From Rt. 81
- East on Rt 66, exit 300, to exit 6
- This put you on Rt 340
- Turn right, south, and continue into the town of Front Royal
- Stay on Rt 340 through town, Rt 340 becomes Royal Ave
- You will pass the court house, Main Ave., You are now on S. Royal Ave
- We are located at 413 S. Royal
- You will pass a Chevrolet dealership on the right
- The next land mark is Charlie’s Auto Repair
- We are up on the hill, on your right, turn up the drive and you are here