Killahevlin Bed & Breakfast
Decorated with soft Irish green ribbon wall paper, this corner room feels bright and comfortable. Its windows face north and east providing for sunrise views above the Blue Ridge Mountains.
The bathroom's sea-foam green whirlpool tub inspired the room's name. Other delightful features include the handpainted headboard and fireplace mantel, and the bathroom's unique window and ceramic tile treatment.
The green ribbon motif extends into the bathroom; setting off the room's antique oval pedestal sink that is original to the house.
A good book and a glass of wine may lead to an afternoon nap in the White Room's iron bed.
Have a sip of sherry along with your home made cookies before you retire for the night.
Named for the Victorian bathroom's white and gold fixtures and antique claw-footed tub and sink, this room epitomizes elegance.
Step out onto a second floor, fully restored, private enclosed porch and savor the mountain view.
A favorite with the honeymooners, this room is adorned with stunning flower and lovebird motif wallpaper, an imposing antique high 4-poster bed and an elegant antique French armoire.
A separate seating area in front of the electric fireplace gives added comfort and dimension to this corner room which faces south and east.
The bathroom's unique tri-cornered raspberry-colored double whirlpool tub and the restored antique pedestal sink have European hand-painted porcelain fixtures.
The Raspberry Room's tub is nice and deep to soak your cares away. All our tubs also have shower heads.
Surrounded with its tranquil cream and blue wallpaper and antique furnishings, a sense of calm enfolds the room.
The Electric Stove adds ambience all year round.
An original fused glass window overlooks the exceptionally large midnight blue double whirlpool tub.
The tile and wallpaper treatments compliment the antique marble-topped dressing table.
French doors to the left of the antique armoire provide access to a private enclosed porch facing the mountains.
Plum Cottage Suite
Located on the ground floor of the Tower House it resembles an Irish cottage in a flowering meadow. It abounds with color and flower arrangements on walls, windows and bed.
Decorated with hand-painted Victorian 'cottage' period furniture in all three rooms, it is a perfect respite after a long day. The many shades of plum inspire its unusual name.
The living room has a gas fireplace with an antique mantel and TV.
There are two balconies: one facing north, the other facing south.
The bathroom has a large double whirlpool tub.
Jade Tree Suite
Located on the second floor of the Tower House, it offers two balconies with exceptional views of the grounds and mountains.
The living room has a gas fireplace and TV for relaxing evenings.
The three rooms (Living Room, Bed Room, and Bathroom) are accented with Oriental art objects typical of the Victorian era.
The sumptuously deep, jade colored double whirlpool tub and the living room's whimsical wall coverings suggest the suite's name.
Policies & Guest Information
Each of the four guest rooms on the second floor of the main house has a comfortable queen bed (three are four posters), working fireplace with antique mantels, private tiled bathroom (three with whirlpool tubs and one with an antique claw footed tub, and many antique furniture pieces. Rates range from $155 - $225 + tax per night.
The Tower House
The Tower House, circa 1905, is situated 50 feet from the main house and was originally a family guest house and water tower that collected water to supply the property's extensive grounds. Inside the main entrance, a winding staircase decorated by a hand-painted mural beckons you to climb to the top where you can escape with a good book or daydream over the vistas below. The Tower House offers two suites. Rates range from $255 - $285 + tax per night.
- We are sorry, but our inn is not suitable for children under 12.
- We have no facilities for pets at the inn.
- We have one watch cat on site--Henrie is "Queen of All She Surveys" and stakes out the sunny spots for her all too frequent cat naps. The rooms are, however off-limits to Her Majesty, so our not-so-cat-loving guests don't have to share their rooms with her.
- There is No Smoking permitted inside the premises.
- All Rates include full breakfast, and complimentary wine and Irish beer on tap in the private Irish Pub.
- Rates subject to change and do not include state and local tax.
- There is a two night minimum stay required on weekends and holidays. This requirement is generally waived when rooms are open on the up-coming weekend. Call if you are unsure.
- Please don't call after 9:30 P.M. as we are early to bed and early to rise.
- Check In between 3:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Check Out 11:00 a.m.
- Cash, Personal Checks, Travelers Checks, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express Accepted
- Confirmation and Cancellation Policy: Reservations are confirmed following receipt of the first night's room rental or when guaranteed to a major credit card. Guests will be charged for Reservations cancelled with less than 7 days notice.
- Gift certificates available for all occasions!