Ambrosia Farm Bed & Breakfast and Pottery
Table Of Contents
Ambrosia Farm Bed and Breakfast is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of southwestern Virginia. It is 3 miles from the town of Floyd and 3 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway, about 5 miles from two wineries, Chateau Morrisette and Villa Appalaccia. The inn is a completely restored 200 year old log built farm house. with a large pasture that offers beautiful sunset views. Antiques embellish the interior.
There are two cabin rooms that are green built, made of hand-hewn logs. Wildlife abounds, and at any time you may see turkeys and deer. A large cherry tree adjacent to the porch invites songbirds to nest nearby. Cows mooing from the neighboring farm are occasionally heard while the subtle rushing of a nearby stream provides the backdrop for otherwise silent serenity. A spring on the property, once used for the needs of the farm, has been enhanced with a pleasant sitting area, offering the songbirds a place to drink. We have customized art-related activities for all ages throughout the year. We also offer wireless DSL.
Nothing says "Life is Good" better than a delicious breakfast on a country morning.
All food at Ambrosia Farm is happily prepared and served with wholesome care. Everything we serve is fresh and seasonal. Some vegetables come from our own garden. We have a strong commitment to whole foods and organic farming practices.
A sample morning menu may be:
- Fresh coffee, fruit juice
- Feather light biscuits with molasses
- Summer tomato pie
- Sautéed tempeh and bacon
- Fresh fruit in season
Amenities at Ambrosia Farm
The following amenities are enjoyed by Ambrosia Farm Guests:
- Air conditioning
- Working fireplaces in bedrooms
- Handmade soaps
- Fluffy bathrobes
- Egyptian cotton sheets
- Afternoon tea and treats
- Complimentary glass of wine
- Massage on request by our certified massage therapist ($50)
- Romantic package on request includes, flowers, bottle of wine, and chocolates ($50)
- Hiking trails and fishing
- Bird watching binoculars
- Bicycles and maps and shuttling service
- Canoe and maps
- Friendly innkeeper/owners
- Excellent gourmet breakfasts
- Horse boarding
- Horseback riding trails
What our Guests are saying about us
Isn't is amazing how we end up in places we are meant to be.....What a wonderful house and such a great family. The hospitality was above and beyond, not to mention the breakfast. Thank you and we will see you very soon. - Amanda and Will Manassas, VA
We love the beautiful house, the green built cabins, and the tranquil setting. We will definitely be back. - Anna and Amiel, Williamsburg, VA
This is our retreat, When we think about a place to escape, this is it! Thanks for always making us feel like part of the family and filling us up until our next visit! - Chris and April, Milton,Virginia
As we leave your beautiful place, we are craving a quiet, simple life more than ever! Thank you for making us feel right at home. Now we know exactly which direction to turn when we need to " get away from it all", Ambrosia Farm and Floyd. The porch views are lovely, our room very comfortable, and the breakfast was great. We will be back! - Brent and Terrie North Carolina
The stars were incredible! The stay fantastic! We liked Ambrosia Farm so much we stayed another night! - Sherrie and Sam, California
The views, the hike, the wineries, the evening in Floyd, our delightful hosts, this beautiful place....... Need I say more? - Paul, North Carolina
To visit and spend the night in my old home place, with my siblings and families, was a delight beyond words. To awake to the smell and sounds of breakfast was just like the years of my youth. Thanks so much for sharing "home" with us. - Ben in Kentucky
Celebrated a wedding at the winery and were fortunate to book a room here at Ambrosia Farm. What a beautiful place and breakfast on the morning porch and rocking on the front porch made for a lovely time. Caroline, you are a perfect host and appreciate your love of birds, the mountains, and the beauty. I hope we can return again and enjoy your hospitality. - Skip and Fan Hickory, NC
A destination all by itself. I will always come back to Ambrosia Farm. - Brenda in South Carolina
One word, "wonderful". Every aspect of this respite exceeded our expectations, Floyd, music, food and Ambrosia Farm! - Bob and Janet
What an amazingly restful, comfortable place, all aspects, inside and out. We are so grateful for your openness in accommodation us late evening and one extra day. The breakfast was incredible and the cookbook with your recipes is something we want! The land, pony, the garden and the bed was so comfortable and we will return and definitely send you business. - Stacy and Doug
I have been a guest at B and Bs throughout Europe, Britain, Canada, and the US and this was the nicest one of all! - Janet North Carolina
As always, the stay was wonderful. Thanks so much, you guys! Can't wait to see you again! - Tommy and Kellie Virginia
Breathtaking views....I will definitely return. I would not stay anywhere else in Floyd. - Bill in Charlotte
Meet The Innkeepers
Caroline holds an MFA in ceramic sculpture and is a professional artist and teacher. She conducts summer art camps for kids and various art-related activities for all ages throughout the year. She also loves to garden.
Craig is a registered engineer who has focused his career on improving the energy efficiency of the buildings in which we live, learn, and work. He loves the outdoors, hiking and biking, and coaches rec soccer.
Ian, their son, is a scholar with many artistic abilities who also enjoys soccer.
There are so many pleasant things to do in our area; wine tasting, enjoying the beautiful views, hiking, biking, fishing or just relaxing. We are also only 5 miles from two wineries on the Blue Ridge Parkway, Chateau Morrisette and Villa Appalaccia. They offer tasting and tours, and the restaurant at the Chateau Morrissette has an excellent reputation. Nearby Mabry Mill is the most visited attraction on the Parkway. There are quite a few good restaurants in the nearby town of Floyd that offer tasty meals as well as fine live music; Oddfellas Cantina, the Pine Tavern, Natasha's Market Cafe, and Mickey G's Italian Bistro to name a few.
You also don’t want to miss the Friday night bluegrass jamboree at the Floyd Country Store. Also Harvest Moon health food store has a plethora of whole healthy foods. Many artists and craftsmen have made their homes in our area including one of the innkeepers here. Sixteen Hands is a group of nationally recognized potters and craftsmen in the Floyd area. Although their studios are open to the public year-round, they host two special open studio weekends every year, spring and autumn. The Jacksonville Center, housed in a refurbished barn and creamery, is the cultural arts center of Floyd county. It is a community hub of cultural activities and workshops.
Traveling North on the Blue Ridge Parkway:
- If you are traveling north on Blue Ridge Parkway exit at mile marker 171.5 which is Black Ridge Road
- Go six miles to the T and turn right on Canning Factory Road
- Go 1/4 mile and turn right on Cox Store Road
- Go 1/4 mile.You will see our inn on the left.
Traveling South on the Blue Ridge Parkway:
- If you are traveling south on the Blue Ridge Parkway exit at Route 8
- Turn right. Go three miles
- Turn left on road number 807, which is Canning Factory Road
- Go two miles. Turn left on Cox Store Road. Go 1/4 mile. You will see our inn on the left.
From Interstate 81:
- Take the Floyd exit at Route 8. Go south approximately 22 miles to the stop light in Floyd. Turn right on 221 South
- Go approximately 4 miles and turn left on Canning Factory road at the Chateau Morrisette sign
- Pass Black Ridge road and go 1/4 mile
- Turn right on Cox Store road. Go 1/4 mile. Our inn is on the left.
From the town of Floyd:
- At the stoplight take 221 south approximately 4 miles
- Turn left on Canning Factory road at the Chateau Morrisette sign
- Pass Black Ridge Road. Turn right on Cox Store Road
- Go 1/4 mile. Our inn is on the left.
From Chateau Morrisette:
- From Winery road, Turn left on Black Ridge road. (Stay on Black Ridge road. Do NOT turn on Fairview Church road)!
- Follow Black Ridge Road to the T. Turn right.This is Canning Factory Road
- Turn right on Cox Store Road
- Go 1/4 mile. Our inn is on the left.