1848 Island Manor House Bed & Breakfast
Our newly refurbished and most sophisticated room will soon be a big favorite! The cream and brown decor and Nantucket style king bed are complimented by leather chairs, silk drapes, an en-suite bathroom and a flat screened TV. Relax and enjoy!
This room is named for the eldest daughter of the Smith family. Juliette was an independent lady of the island, never marrying. She was the first telegraph, and later telephone, operator on the island. Juliette was a very fashionable lady, with many business endeavors including a Ladies Hat Store. Listen to the soothing sounds of the courtyard fountain as you leave your window open in this room. Float fast to sleep in this room. The queen bed, with luxurious feather topper, is sure to provide a fantastic night's rest. The Juliette has a spacious private adjoining bathroom with full tub/shower. You will find plush robes provided for your stay in this room.
The Hummingbird room features a full bed, antique Governor Winthrop desk and oil paintings. Antique prints add to the beauty of this room. The Hummingbird has a spacious private bathroom just outside the room. You will find plush robes provided for your stay in this room.
Begin the day watching the sea gulls play over the Channel and the ducks waddling across Main Street, all from the comfort of this queen bed with white wicker headboard. The cozy Coastal Breeze Room is a bright and cheery room with original pine wide-plank flooring. Be sure to leave your window cracked to enjoy the refreshing breeze from the channel. This charming room has a private bathroom with shower and a pedestal sink located in the room.
Leave your window cracked to fall asleep to the trickling of the courtyard fountain from this magnificent room. Named for one of the gentleman who built the home, the Joseph Kenny is decorated with a soft lavender color and wall-to-wall carpet. Several beautiful bird prints adorn this room, the Joseph Kenny provides privacy for those seeking peace and quiet. No wonder this is a popular room! With views overlooking the roses and brick courtyard, this room located in the back of the inn will allow you to get away from the world and rest peacefully. The relaxing king bed, with a luxurious hypoallergenic topper, is sure to provide a restful night's sleep. The Joseph Kenny room features a private in-suite bathroom with shower.
Greet the new day lying in bed, looking over the salt marshes and Chincoteague Bay, from this third floor room. The angled ceilings, dormer windows, view towards Chincoteague Bay and equine motif add to the local charm of this room. Named in tribute to our most famous pony, Misty of Chincoteague, the Misty Mare room features a queen bed with a luxurious hypoallergenic feather topper. It is sure to provide a relaxing night's sleep. The handmade split rail fence headboard adds to the whimsy and character of the room. This room includes a large and private adjoining bathroom. You will find plush robes provided for your stay in this wonderful room.
This romantic room is tucked away on the third floor, and is certainly the most romantic room! You are sure to find this the perfect place among the hand painted murals to cuddle and enjoy the quiet evening together. This room provides angled ceilings and dormer windows to add to the romantic charm. A favorite room for honeymoons or special occasions. Wake each morning feeling like you are among the dunes of Assateague Island. Named after nature's barrier and splendid beauty, the Sandy Dune provides a Queen bed. It is sure to provide a wonderful night's sleep. This room includes a private and spacious ensuite bathroom with shower.
You are certain to enjoy our most popular room. This romantic room is painted with soothing sage walls, luxurious drapes and bed linens. The Nathaniel Smith room features deep, rich, cherry furniture, all-seasons fireplace and flat panel Television/DVD. Get a delightful night's rest tucked away in the king bed with high quality linens, blankets, comforter and quilted bedspread. Choose from one of the numerous pillows of various texture and firmness. Allow the soothing sounds from the in-room CD player guide you to splendid sleep. This spacious room served as the Master Bedroom for the Nathaniel Smith family, and it features a private in-suite bathroom with shower. This room provides views of the Courtyard and Chincoteague Channel located across the street. Wake to the morning sunshine and relax to the evening view of sunsets over the channel in this lovely room. The Nathaniel Smith is a favorite for romantic getaways, honeymoons or couples looking to reconnect.
Reservation & Cancellation Policies
We want your Virginia lodging experience to be the best one imaginable. That's why, at our award winning inn, we have some policies to help all of our guests have an enjoyable stay with us. The 1848 Island Manor House is proud to offer you first-rate accommodations, and we trust that we'll see you again and again.
- Advance reservations are encouraged.
- A two-night minimum may be required on weekends. Other minimum stay requirements may be in effect for holidays and regional events.
- American Express, Discover, MasterCard and VISA accepted.
- Gift certificates serve as deposits.
- Cancellations: No refunds due to weather. No refunds for early departure.
- All cancelled reservations are subject to a $25 processing fee per room, $100 processing fee per room for special events. Cancellation fees are in addition.
- Single room cancellations must be made by 12 noon, 14 days prior to the arrival date for a refund less the processing fee. Cancellations made within 14 days of the arrival date will forfeit the deposit. Cancellations made within 72 hours of arrival date and "No Shows" will be charged for the entire reservation.
- Multiple room (2 to 4 rooms) cancellations must be by 12 noon 21 days prior to the arrival date for a refund less the processing fee. Cancellations made within 21 days of the arrival date will forfeit the deposit. Cancellations made within 72 hours of arrival date and "No Shows" will be charged for the entire reservation.
- Entire facility bookings will be confirmed upon the receipt of the deposit and must be guaranteed by payment in full 30 days prior to the arrival date.
- Check-in is from 2 - 6 p.m. each evening. If you will arrive later than 6 p.m., please notify us so that we can prepare for a late arrival.
- Check-out is by 11 a.m.
- All room rates reflect single or double occupancy, and do not include a 10% local and state tax.
- Some rooms may accommodate an additional person at $25 per night.
- For the security and privacy of all, only registered guests may be in the facility without our prior permission and presence. Only registered guests are permitted on second or third floors.
- All room rates include a gourmet breakfast. You may enjoy breakfast each morning at 9:00 a.m. in the dining room, enclosed porch or courtyard (weather permitting). Please let us know, prior to arrival, of any dietary needs.
- Children who are at least 10 years old and accompanied by a responsible adult are welcome. Younger children are welcome when the entire inn is reserved for one group.
- Island Manor House is a smoke-free bed and breakfast Inn. Smoking is allowed only in designated outdoor areas.
- We love pets, as Diego, however, for the comfort of all our guests and local restrictions, we are unable to accommodate guest pets.
- Off-street parking is provided behind the inn for all of our guests. Please follow our driveway under the portico and pull your car up so that it is facing the back of the two stand alone buildings.