Table Of Contents
Casual Comfort and Modern Luxury in Charlottesville
Enjoy a warm, welcoming, and relaxing environment with a rejuvinating change of pace and a touch of elegance in an award-winning bed and breakfast.
Foxfield Inn of Charlottesville, Virginia treats guests to a refreshing combination of casual comfort and modern luxury. Charlottesville and its surrounding areas have a lot to offer for every type of guest from the history buffs to the outdoor enthusiasts.
Tours of several former American presidents' homes are available nearby including Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, James Monroe's Ashlawn-Highland, and James Madison's Montpelier. Also, near Monticello, experience rustic dining in the eighteenth century at the historic Michie Tavern.
Nature lovers will enjoy Foxfield Inn's country location near pastures, fishponds, and wooded fields full of deer and birds. Activites such as horseback riding, biking, hot air ballooning and bird watching are plenty and easy to find. For outdoor enthusiasts, hiking in the Shenandoah National Park is a must.
Also located nearby is the University of Virginia, which is renowned for its Schools of Law and Medicine, the Darden Graduate School of Business Administration, and its Rotunda.
Each morning at Foxfield Inn begins with a full three-course gourmet breakfast that includes dessert. Wireless Internet access is available throughout the inn, robes and slippers are available for use at the hot tub or in the guestroom, and a guest pantry (with a refrigerator and a microwave) stocked with coffee, tea, hot chocolate, snacks, fresh fruit, bottled water and soft drinks. Afternoon refreshments with homemade cookies and fresh fruit and a turn down service are the perfect touch to end your day.
Foxfield Inn is an award-winning. Rated #1 on Trip Advisor, selected as a Top Ten Romantic Inn.
We provide a comfortable environment for you to relax and enjoy your stay. Select one of our 5 beautiful guest rooms - with or without a fireplace.
Charlottesville, VA has so much to offer that you will want to stay a while. Everything from nearby wineries to 4 President's homes (Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Roosevelt) to the University of Virginia. Explore the great outdoors by taking a hike in the blue Ridge Mountains or one of the county's parks. Of course there is always horseback riding through the vineyards, hot air ballooning and river rafting.
ates per night double occupancy:
$185 to $310 depending on room selected and season.
Your hosts - Dan & Kathryn
Elopements & Vow Renewals
Come join us at Foxfield Inn for your intimate elopement wedding. We will gladly provide as much assistance for you to make the day a special occasion. Whether you want to use our Gathering Room, screened Gazebo or have a garden wedding we have the space for you. There are many special details to consider so give us a call to discuss everything from the Officiant to flowers to cake to photography. We will toast your celebration in the Sunroom with champagne and cake.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Kathryn Bundy for sharing her own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
People stay here because they are celebrating a romantic special occasion...honeymoon, wedding, anniversary, or a romantic getaway.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
We are best known for our breakfast and every guest room has a jacuzzi.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
People come to Charlottesville to visit Monticello and the wineries.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
We receive many great compliments on our cleanliness, our attention to detail, and our food.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
The beauty of the countryside and there is so much to do here.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Visit the 3 president's homes, art museums, and wineries. Go hiking in Shenandoah National Park.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
No, we are out in the country. There is a nice dirt road next to the Inn for guests to stretch their legs.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
We suggest several restaurants for special occasions. These are all fine dining restaurants:
1.) Ivy Inn Restaurant
2.) L'etoile Restaurant
3.) Downtown Grill
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
We have a 5 rooms.
Do you accept pets?
We do not accept pets, but there is pet boarding nearby.
We are proud to be a Charlottesville bed and breakfast that offers quality accommodations, rivaling anything you would hope to find in luxury hotels.
- A full three course gourmet breakfast - dessert included!
- Afternoon refreshments, including home baked cookies and fresh fruit
- Complimentary wireless Internet access throughout the inn
- Guest pantry with refrigerator, microwave, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, snacks, fresh fruit, bottled water & soft drinks
- Spacious common rooms including patio overlooking the fishpond and park-like backyard
- Outdoor hot tub under a Clematis pergola
- Menus available for special dietary requirements or to meet your individual food preferences – gluten-free, diabetic, vegan, vegetarian, etc.
- Arrangements available for special events (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) or whatever it takes to make your stay memorable
- The four deluxe rooms have fireplaces with remote controls, two person Jacuzzi whirlpool tubs, walk-in showers, and bay windows
- King or queen size beds with incredibly comfy bed linens, feather and foam pillows
- Bose Wave® Radio/CD player with Auxiliary cable for iPODs
- Iron and ironing boards
- Central air conditioning throughout inn
- Robes and slippers for use at the hot tub or in the room
- TV/DVD in Sunroom, library of DVDs& CD's
We excel at pampering our guests with a variety of special amenities that can be easily ordered on-line including:
- Breathtaking floral bouquets
- Local, handmade chocolates
- Specially blended soaps, shampoos, and body lotions
- Delicious fruit and cheese platters
- In-room deep tissue massage
- Special order gourmet picnic lunch or light supper
- Basket of goodies for pampering your special someone
- The most scrumptious three-course breakfast you’ll ever taste
- Afternoon refreshments with homemade treats
- Environmentally friendly philosophy
- All natural, locally grown products whenever possible
- For example - we use organic eggs from happy free-range chickens and pork from pigs that live in the woods all from the farmer across the street; we grow the majority of herbs we use in cooking as well
- Wireless Internet access throughout the Inn
- Access to guest pantry (refrigerator, microwave, coffee & tea, hot chocolate, bottled water, soft drinks, snacks, & fruit)
- Spacious common areas including patio overlooking pond and park-like backyard
- Arrangements available for special dietary requirements and special occasion requests
- Enjoy a leisurely walk along the country lane next to the Inn