Table Of Contents
Casual Comfort and Modern Luxury in Charlottesville
Enjoy a warm, welcoming, and relaxing environment with a rejuvinating change of pace and a touch of elegance in an award-winning bed and breakfast.
Foxfield Inn of Charlottesville, Virginia treats guests to a refreshing combination of casual comfort and modern luxury. Charlottesville and its surrounding areas have a lot to offer for every type of guest from the history buffs to the outdoor enthusiasts.
Tours of several former American presidents' homes are available nearby including Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, James Monroe's Ashlawn-Highland, and James Madison's Montpelier. Also, near Monticello, experience rustic dining in the eighteenth century at the historic Michie Tavern.
Nature lovers will enjoy Foxfield Inn's country location near pastures, fishponds, and wooded fields full of deer and birds. Activites such as horseback riding, biking, hot air ballooning and bird watching are plenty and easy to find. For outdoor enthusiasts, hiking in the Shenandoah National Park is a must.
Also located nearby is the University of Virginia, which is renowned for its Schools of Law and Medicine, the Darden Graduate School of Business Administration, and its Rotunda.
Each morning at Foxfield Inn begins with a full three-course gourmet breakfast that includes dessert. Wireless Internet access is available throughout the inn, robes and slippers are available for use at the hot tub or in the guestroom, and a guest pantry (with a refrigerator and a microwave) stocked with coffee, tea, hot chocolate, snacks, fresh fruit, bottled water and soft drinks. Afternoon refreshments with homemade cookies and fresh fruit and a turn down service are the perfect touch to end your day.
Foxfield Inn is an award-winning.
Guests are treated to a unique blend of luxury and ease to provide a warm, relaxing environment. Foxfield Inn is the perfect place to get away and enjoy a rejuvenating change of pace. Enjoy warm hospitality in a gracious and elegant country inn with modern amenities.
Guests of the Inn have the opportunity to discover all that picturesqueand Albemarle County have to offer. For the history buff, there is Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello, James Monroe’s Ashlawn-Highland, James Madison’s Montpelier, and Michie Tavern. For the wine lover, there are numerous award-winning vineyards to tour and sample the incredible wines. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy such as hiking, horseback riding, hot air ballooning, and bird watching. Last but not least, there is the University of Virginia - renowned for its Rotunda, School of Medicine, School of Law, and the Darden Graduate School of Business Administration, not to mention its Cavaliers sports teams.
But best of all, guests can relax in one of our five gracious. Each of the rooms offers a calming retreat from the hustle and bustle of daily life. For your romantic getaway, stay in one of our rooms with a fireplace and two-person Jacuzzi tub. Relax on the patio overlooking the fishpond and park-like backyard, or relax in the outdoor hot tub while gazing at the stars. You might want to take a stroll down the country lane next to the Inn, which meanders past pastures, wooded fields, and ponds. Be sure to keep an eye out for deer and birds in the fields.
Come join us at Foxfield Inn for rejuvenation with grace and casual elegance.
Rates per night double occupancy:
$175 to $280 depending on room selected and season.
Your hosts - Dan & Kathryn
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Kathryn Bundy for sharing her own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
People stay here because they are celebrating a romantic special occasion...honeymoon, wedding, anniversary, or a romantic getaway.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
We are best known for our breakfast and every guest room has a jacuzzi.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
People come to Charlottesville to visit Monticello and the wineries.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
We receive many great compliments on our cleanliness, our attention to detail, and our food.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
The beauty of the countryside and there is so much to do here.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Visit the 3 president's homes, art museums, and wineries. Go hiking in Shenandoah National Park.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
No, we are out in the country.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
We suggest several restaurants for special occasions. These are all fine dining restaurants:
1.) Ivy Inn Restaurant
2.) Glass Haus Kitchen
3.) l'etoile Restaurant
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
We have a 5 rooms.
Do you accept pets?
We do not accept pets, but there is pet boarding nearby.
We are proud to be a Charlottesville bed and breakfast that offers quality accommodations, rivaling anything you would hope to find in luxury hotels.
- A full three course gourmet breakfast - dessert included!
- Afternoon refreshments, including home baked cookies and fresh fruit
- Complimentary wireless Internet access throughout the inn
- Guest pantry with refrigerator, microwave, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, snacks, fresh fruit, bottled water & soft drinks
- Spacious common rooms including patio overlooking the fishpond and park-like backyard
- Outdoor hot tub under a Clematis pergola
- Menus available for special dietary requirements or to meet your individual food preferences – gluten-free, diabetic, vegan, vegetarian, etc.
- Arrangements available for special events (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) or whatever it takes to make your stay memorable
- The four deluxe rooms have fireplaces with remote controls, two person Jacuzzi whirlpool tubs, walk-in showers, and bay windows
- Handcrafted queen size beds with ironed high thread count bed linens, feather and foam pillows
- Turn down service
- Bose Wave® Radio/CD player with Auxiliary cable for iPODs
- Iron and ironing boards
- Central air conditioning throughout inn
- Robes and slippers for use at the hot tub or in the room
- TV/DVD in Sunroom, library of DVDs& CD's
We excel at pampering our guests with a variety of special amenities that can be easily ordered on-line including:
- Breathtaking floral bouquets
- Local, handmade chocolates
- Specially blended soaps, shampoos, and body lotions
- Delicious fruit and cheese platters
- In-room deep tissue massage
- Special order gourmet picnic lunch or light supper
- Basket of goodies for pampering your special someone
- The most scrumptious three-course breakfast you’ll ever taste
- Afternoon refreshments with homemade treats
- Environmentally friendly philosophy
- All natural, locally grown products whenever possible
- For example - we use organic eggs from happy free-range chickens and pork from pigs that live in the woods all from the farmer across the street; we grow the majority of herbs we use in cooking as well
- Wireless Internet access throughout the Inn
- Access to guest pantry (refrigerator, microwave, coffee & tea, hot chocolate, bottled water, soft drinks, snacks, & fruit)
- Spacious common areas including patio overlooking pond and park-like backyard
- Arrangements available for special dietary requirements and special occasion requests
- Enjoy a leisurely walk along the country lane next to the Inn