Table Of Contents
We love some of the descriptions of our property...from cute and whimsical to romantic and charming, and everything inbetween! It's all true - and also true is our commitment to making your experience visiting Charlottesville one of the best you'll have.
You want to relax...and with one or two days to get the most out of your getaway, we are here to help. We can map out an itinerary, show you some apps to get you on your way, or just make sure you get the best insider tips to our area. Whether it's hiking, wine tasting, enjoying our plethora of breweries - and now cideries! - we can point you in the right direction so you are getting the very best of Charlottesville.
High Meadows is convenient to everything - but on our own 13 acres, you'll feel a million miles away. You'll be very glad you chose to stay with us.
- Delicious breakfast!
- Anichini linens
- Bose radio/cd player in all rooms
- Homemade treats every day in our Breezeway
- Environmentally friendly philosophy including recycling and composting, and green cleaning products
- All natural, organic, locally grown ingredients whenever possible
- Complimentary wireless internet access in most rooms and all public spaces
- Guest counter...microwave, selection of delicious herbal, black and green teas, snacks, fruit
- Delightful common areas, including our Garden Gazebo, Patio, Breezwway, porches and Parlour
- We cater to any dietary needs - please make arrangements in advance to allow for our chef to prepare
- Over 13 acres to stroll, including our woodland pond and Pinot Noir vineyard
- Each room supplies our guests with hairdryer, robes, spa bath products...some locally produced
- A selection of pillows - choose from down or microfiber gel pillows in each room
We believe that food should be real, good and simple. Our eggs couldn't be fresher...gathered every day from our hens. Herbs, fruits and vegetables from our gardens or our neighbor farmer's. Cheeses come from our friends at Caromont Farm, sausages from various local purveyors. Orange juice is freshly squeezed, and coffee is ground before each pot - to us at High Meadows, quality matters. We are happy to cook for special dietary needs...vegan, gluten-free, vegetarian...just ask! Local, organic when possible and always fresh - our menu varies between sweet and savory choices, and there are several courses each morning. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Crepes with honeyed Caromont Chevre, and depending on the season, served with Maple-Apple, Summer Stone Fruit, Raspberry, Lemon or Peach-Mint sauce
- Carolina Shrimp & Stone Ground Grits, jumbo shrimp, slightly spicy, served on a bed of cheesy grits and topped with applewood smoked bacon, scallions and cilantro
- High Meadows Eggs Benedict, poached eggs served on country ham, a corn cake, and topped with Cynthia's famously delicious Hollandaise
- Baked Peaches, simple and perfect in season, and picked just up the road! Just enough ginger, vanilla and peach wine to keep them juicy.
- Berry Cornbread, until you've had it, no use trying to make sense of it...sometimes blueberries, sometimes raspberries...always with a sugar-crunch crust.!
Weddings & Events
Plan Your Next Event at High Meadows Vineyard Inn
Rental of all bedrooms in the main house & the cottage for two nights, accommodating up to 14 people
Exclusive use of the property from Friday at 3:00 pm to Sunday at noon.
Tables and chairs for use in the tent
The grounds for the wedding ceremony or other outdoor activities. If the ceremony is to be outside on the grass, rental of chairs for use on the grass is required.
The Patio or Dining Room for a rehearsal dinner or party.
Full hot breakfast on both mornings for 14 guests staying at the B&B. There will be an extra charge of $20 per person to serve breakfast to more than 14 people.
Ample free parking.
Friday, Saturday, Holiday Events
2 nights – all rooms in main house and cottage: $3,000
Dining Room – seats up to 20 people: $500
Patio – seats up to 20 people
White 40x60 Pole tent (with perimeter lighting) for an event up to 125 guests: $3,300
Facility Fee (electricity at tent site, wedding portable, etc.): $1,500
Prices do not include tax.
Optional Additional Costs:
Alcoholic Beverages and event license
Catering, table linens, flowers, dinnerware, glasses
The 50% deposit is non-refundable should the event be canceled at any time for any reason. Cancellation ninety (90) days or less from the first day of the scheduled stay will result in forfeiture of the remaining 50% fees plus taxes.
Charlottesville, Albemarle & Nelson Counties are home to many activities, including wineries, breweries, fruit farms & orchards, and all delight in their historical sites – Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello, James Monroe’s Ashlawn-Highland, the University of Virginia, Roosevelt's Pine Knot, and historic Court Square.
The Blue Ridge Mountains provide a spectacular backdrop for our city, and also hiking and sightseeing opportunities as well. The scenic James River is home to seasonal sports from fishing to rafting, kayaking, canoeing or tubing. Guides are happy to show you their favorite spots - whether swimming holes or just the right place to cast your line.
Things To Do
* Monticello www.monticello.org
* Ash-Lawn Highland www.ashlawnhighland.org
* The University of Virginia Grounds
* Downtown Charlottesville www.charlottesville.org
* Tubing/Canoeing/Kayaking on the James River
* Apple/cherry/peach/berry picking
* Historic Scottsville walking tours
* Totier Park for fishing, walking
* Hatton Ferry - last poled ferry in the US!
* Historic Walton's Museum, Scottsville Museum
* Saturday Farmer's Market April thru October
* Friday's After Five concert series all summer!
* Paramount Theatre
Where we shop for food....
June: Scottsville Batteau Festival
July: Firemen's Parade, Fireworks over the James River - on the levee!
August: Hill & Holler farm dinner "taste of Nelson
September: Wine Festivals!
October: Fall Foliage
November: Film Festival of Charlottesville
December: An Old Fashioned Christmas & Festival of Lights