Table Of Contents
Willow Glen Farm, nestled in the foothills of southwest Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains in Cana, offers a beautiful setting for rest and relaxation. Enjoy a full breakfast, peaceful surroundings, and numerous area attractions. Relax in the Great Room next to the 18 foot high fireplace, play parlor games or read from our unique book collection. Light homemade refreshments are available throughout your stay. The perfect place for a stay in the country.
Willow Glen Farm was recently highlighted in the Carroll News.
Additional articles published by:
- Winston-Salem Journal
- Carrol County Gazette
- Simple Pleasures
Want to know more about current area events? Click here for the latest news from Carroll County, Virginia!
Surrounded by scenic mountain views, you can walk through 50 acres of rolling hills, enjoy the birds, deer and other wildlife. Simply relax on the deck and watch the llamas in the nearby field. Visit the bird barn which houses a small variety of domestic birds. Early evening, sit in the gazebo and view wild turkey and deer.
Bring your horse with you. We have Horse Boarding. Two 10x12 stalls with ample barn access.
A great setting for your morning meal! Our full breakfast includes fresh ground coffee, teas, juices, fruits, homemade breads, pastries and sausage. The menu changes daily. Refreshments are available at any time. Meals and snacks can be served in the dining room, deck or gazebo.
We are located 8 miles North of Mt. Airy, NC and 4 miles South of the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Southwest Virginia is not only beautiful, but full of great things to see and do! Here is a sampling of some of the wonderful attractions this area offers (yes, we have maps and directions as well as brochures, where available).
Wineries and Wine Events
- Shelton Vineyards, www.sheltonvineyards.com
- Chateau Morrisette, www.thedogs.com
- Villa Appalachia, www.villaappalaccia.com
- Wine events, www.blueridgewinetrail.com
- Courses in NC
- Courses in VA
Local Artisans and Shopping
- Carolina Log Furniture - Cana, www.carolinalogfurniture.com
- Tanbark Acres Friesian Horses - Cana, www.tanbarkacres.com
Local sites and events
- Blue Ridge Parkway, www.blueridgeparkway.org
- Blue Ridge Host - Gateway to the Blue Ridge Parkway, www.blueridgehost.com
- Mabry Mill
- Levering Orchard
- Crooked Road Music Trail
- Hillsville Flea Market - Labor Day Weekend
- Galax Fiddlers Convention
- Mount Airy, www.visitmayberry.com
- "Mayberry" - home of Andy Griffith
- Squad Car Tours
- Oak Emporium
- Boarding - Here at Willow Glen
- Trail riding at Cliffview, Galax VA.
- New River Trail State Park Galax, VA
- Appalachian Trail, www.appalachiantrail.org
- The Virginia Creeper Trail, www.vacreepertrail.com
Wine Makers Weekend
The mid Atlantic region is becoming popular and well-known for its local wines. In the wine making tradition, we have our own small vineyard and enjoy wine events with our guests. In particular, join us for our wine makers weekend, with the following activities:
- Plan your weekend when the grapes are ripe and ready
- Make your own wine using our equipment and recipe
- There are several varieties of grapes available
Here are some comments from our customers
"What a beautiful home and great food. We felt like family." - C & B Smith, West Virginia
"I felt like you were part of my family. You will always be welcome in my home." - J. Yost, Ohio
"Thank you for a wonderful weekend. We enjoyed the llamas, birds and scenery. Great food. We especially thank the gracious host and hostess." - S. Bianco, North Carolina
"What a super weekend. Relaxing and 100% spoiling in its beauty." - M. Jackson, Kentucky
"Thank you for our special dinner on our anniversary." - K & S Hanna, Kentucky
We can board your horses during your stay at Willow Glen Farm. We have two 10x12 stalls and provide ample barn access.
For more information, please call the innkeepers at (888) 921-9347 or visit Willow Glen Farm Horse Boarding.
Willow Glen Farm is located in southwestern Virginia, near Interstate 77, minutes from the North Carolina border. We are very easy to find, less than 1.3 miles from Route 52.
- 4 miles South from the Blue Ridge Parkway
- 8 miles North from Mt. Airy ("Mayberry") NC
- 12 miles South from Hillsville, VA
- If you are headed north on Route 52 out of Mount Airy, NC, make a right onto Virginia route 691 (Beartrail Road) - 4 miles from NC/VA state line
- If you are headed south on Route 52 out of Hillsville, VA, make a left at the bottom of the mountain onto route 691 (Beartrail Road)
- Continue for 1 mile on Beartrail and turn right onto Meadowbrook Road
- You will see our sign at the top of the hill turn right into driveway
Just the Two of You Wedding Ceremony
- Can be held in the gazebo or in the Great Room
- Dinner for two following wedding
- 1 Night Stay in Honeymoon Suite
- Cost from $200 and up
- List of Local Ministers Available (Separate Fee)
- Have a civil ceremony nearby and Enjoy our honeymoon Suite
- Dinner for two
- 1 Night Stay
- Cost from $175 and up
Larger Wedding Parties
- Available for small ceremonies (3-24).
- Can be held in the gazebo or in the Great Room.
- Catering menu available (cost depends on menu and guest count)