Table Of Contents
In the rolling foothills of the Virginian Blue Ridge Mountains, near Culpeper, Sperryville, and Little Washington, Thistle Hill rests tranquilly against the hillside of its ten acres of wooded and open land.
Known for its great food (our guests always give Chef 5 stars), Thistle Hill rooms are quiet, private, air-conditioned cottages with no next-door room noise.
Fantastically comfortable beds are made up with ironed high-thread-count cotton sheets. We do have a pet-friendly cottage. Vegetarian menus available by prearrangement.
Enjoy Thistle Hill's innovative Raindrop Aromatherapy Massage and the unique AquaChi Footbath to soothe your muscles and relax you. Classes and consultations available by prearrangement.
Lots to do in the area. Along with our 10 acres woods to roam, there is hiking, canoeing, and international award-winning wine tasting nearby.
Ask about our budget-friendly package deals and our late Sunday checkout.
- In the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Great Food
- Private, individually air-conditioned Cottages and Rooms
- Comfortable Beds with ironed, high-thread-count cotton sheets
- Pet friendly cottage available by pre-arrangement
- Health spa treatments
- Budget friendly package deals
- Lots to do in the area
Delightful breakfasts with a view of the Gazebo and/or 5-course dinners in front of the fireplace in the great room, fully candlelit by about 85 candles, The Inn on Thistle Hill Bed and Breakfast is a great retreat to get away from it all for a night or a few days. Take advantage of our special Romantic Getaways packages and Wellness Center packages.
The Inn on Thistle Hill Bed & Breakfast, located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, has many attractions nearby!
All the links below should open in a separate window. To return to this page either close the linked page or minimize it and you'll find yourself right back here.
- Printable Maps of Shenandoah National Park and Skyline Drive
- Here's a link to the History of Shenandoah National Park
- Another interesting link about the History of Shenandoah National Park
- Hiking on Old Rag or White Oak Canyon. For map, click Old Rag Mountain
- Canoeing on the Shenandoah River-Shenandoah River Trips
- Luray Caverns;This is a family-owned enterprise. Imagine finding THIS on your property!
- Check out these websites for all kinds of things to see and do in and around the area -Little WashingtonSperryville Shops and Things to doCulpeper Visitors Center
- Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello in Charlottesville
- James Madison’s Montpelier near Orange, VA in Montpelier Station
- We're only 20 minutes away from Commonwealth Park in Culpeper where you can attend the Horse Shows
- 'Antiquing' in nearby Culpeper, Sperryville and Charlottesville (go to Antiques in Culpeper for the antique stores in Culpeper)
- Antique Auctions - www.culpeperauction.com
- Winery Tours and Wine Festivals - Virginia Wines - This should open on the NorthernVirginia page. Click on Central Virginia tab at the top, also. We're right between the two. (If you click on the map, it takes forever to load and is very uninformative).
- Some of our favorite Award-winning Wineries
- Family run organic coffee roastery (fabulous coffee!) - Central Coffee
- Fall Apple Harvest Celebration
- Excellent Restaurants and 5-Star-Dining, or pre-arrange to have a completely candle-lit dinner here!
- Canoes, kayaks and tube rentals at Shenandoah - Shenandoah River Trips
- And much more…
Hi Seane and Frank, WOW!!!! What a great weekend Katherine and I had at your Inn and Wellness Center . . . and for the time we were able to get to know the two of you.What a fabulous opportunity, what a wondrous adventure. Thank you. We WILL be back!!!!EVERYTHING we experienced at the Inn and Wellness Center was tremendous. The room was great, the treatments were great, the atmosphere was marvelous, and both of you were wonderful. Frank the meals you prepared were superlative. We were impressed. And Seane, you proved your magical abilities in so many ways and way beyond any reasonable doubt.Katherine and I now look at both of you as friends and hope the relationship lasts forever. I thought you both might be interested, especially Frank, . . . with the following. I cook for fun on some weekends. I used be a professional chef for a couple of years, but switched to a more conventional occupation simply because it was becoming work and not play. Now it is fun again. ENJOY!
REGRETFULLY, we did not leave your place with a handful of essential oils and some NINGXIA RED!!!! We've both learned the lesson and have both become true believers in the therapeutic oil treatments . . . and your respective and extraordinary skills. Dennis R. Stebbins"I want to personally thank you for the wonderful time we had at Thistle Hill...The room was gorgeous and the food was authentically delicious . . . thanks again for the great time!"
"Sarah and I want to thank you for a truly relaxing and enjoyable visit to The Inn on Thistle Hill. Your Romantic Getaway is a wonderful blend of exceptional meals, relaxing and soothing therapeutic sessions provided in a serene and personal setting. Most striking is your hospitality, which exceeds what we have encountered regularly frequenting Bed & Breakfast establishments over the years. We have returned to our home, rested and yet invigorated and anxiously look forward to our next visit to your fine Inn."
Amenities and Policies
- Full Country Breakfast with organic, natural and local foods No MSG, additives or preservatives! All cooked from scratch to your request. (our Guests give us 5 stars for the breakfasts and dinners)
- Top-of-the-line beds and bedding (100% cotton), individual air and heat, individual bathrooms
- The Meadowlark Cottage is pet-friendly with an additional charge of $25/pet per day. (Some conditions apply)
- Pet sitting is available by prearrangement
- Wholistic Veterinarian available by prearrangement
- Raindrop Aromatherapy Massages, Energy Balancing, Aqua-Chi and other modalities available. See our Wellness Center for more information
- Decks, patios and verandas
- Dinner, totally candle-lit (about 85 candles) in the Great Room wing with fireplace, by pre-arrangement.
- Great Room wing ideal for executive retreats, conferences, meetings and weddings
- Outside smoking areas
- Birthday Cakes by prearrangement - $35
- Handpainted personalized wine or champagne glasses by prearrangement - $65/pair
- Visa, MC, Discover, and Cash Accepted
- Check-in is after 3 p.m., check-out 11 a.m.
- Receipt of one night's stay for deposit
- 10% discount for visits of four or more nights
Cancellation - Full refund minus $20 processing
fee will be given with 8 days' notice, 10 days' notice in February, May and October. Otherwise, full charges apply
- Smoking is not allowed inside, however we are happy to accommodate smokers with ashtrays and chairs outside.
- We usually cannot accommodate children under 12, however, if conditions are right for the time you request, we'll do our best to accommodate you
- No pets, except in our pet-friendly cottage, please. There is a fee of $25/pet and $100 deposit.
Thistle Hill Wellness & Education Center
The mind/body connection is not the big surprise it was just a few short years ago. Using frequencies to heal has become accepted in scientific conventional circles. It’s only taken since the 1930's, when Dr. Royal Rife was reversing cancer with frequencies to come up with “frequency medicine.”
Here at Thistle Hill Wellness Center, we approach your journey to re-establishment of health and serenity mainly by teaching how the body/mind/heart works, and also what you can do about it.
Because, guess what: YOU are in charge of your health. Not your doctor, not your insurance company – You.
Here’s what you do:
First, the Body - Clear out the physical toxins that are preventing healing, provide supplements as fuel, and therapeutic essential oils for their nutrients, and their frequencies. To begin this, you receive the Aqua-Chi Foot Bath and Raindrop Technique essential oil application.
Second, the Mind - Clear out mental toxins. What I call Neg-speak. Negative thoughts and spoken phrases. Replace them with more balanced and “glass-half-full” thoughts and phrases. Our Meditation Class will assist you to become even more aware and astute along with flushing out old mental stuff.
And, Third - Clear out the effects of past events that have hurt you. Meditation will certainly help with this. However, the best and quickest way I have ever found is theEnergy Balancing technique that I learned as a child in India, combined with an intuitive consultation. Let’s take out the old to make way for the new....
Most importantly, Educate yourself. We will help you find the most informative books and websites. And we are happy to share with you our 40 years’ of experience in health to help you through the overwhelming marketing blitz that we all experience when all we want is a high quality supplement.
We have classes, gatherings and private counseling available. Our broad range of classes and seminars include such subjects as “How to Use Therapeutic-grade Essential Oils for Health and Serenity” and “How the Digestion System Really Works and How to Make it Work Better (No More Acid Reflux!)” Ask to be put on the Class Mailing List if you'd like to attend some of our classes.
- Wellness Coaching & Clairvoyant Consultation (2 hours)* - $250
- Energy Balancing - $150 without Consultation
- Energy Balancing with Clairvoyant Consultation (highly recommended!) $250 (2-1/2 hours)
- Aromatherapy / Raindrop Technique Aromatherapy Massagewith Therapeutic-Grade Essential Oils * - $125
- Aqua-Chi Foot Bath for cleansing and relaxation - $75
- Private training in Meditation for personal development and stress management * - $65
Top-of-the-Line, researched and carefully selected products such as:
- Young Living Essential Oils & Supplements
- Living Stream Supplements
- L-Arginine/Vitamin D for Cardiac and Circulatory Health
- Kangen Water Units
- Gift Certificates Available
- Note: We recommend advance appointments, which will be held by a credit card. Cancellations with less than 24-hour notice will be charged the cost of the scheduled therapy.
About Seane O. Malone
Owner/Innkeeper Seane O. Malone has always been a traveler. She grew up in India, Indonesia and the Orient where she developed her intuitive and healing abilities. She was trained in both eastern and western philosophies, yoga, meditation, music and dance and in the Energy Balancing techniques which she has refined and worked with ever since. When her father retired, she and her family moved to Texas, her father's home state.
Seane danced with the Houston Contemporary Ballet both inHouston and then later in New York where she also sang professionally. She studied pottery with world-renowned potter, James Makins and opened her own pottery in Pennsylvania and then later in Montreal, Canada . Some of her ceremonial and functional pieces are in use and on display not only in the United States but also in Japan and in Canada .
While in Texas, she attained her ministerial degree. In the years since, she studied with many highly respected people in the field, such as Rev. Eleanor Button, Ram Dass (Dr. Richard Alpert), Healer Olga Worrell, Hypnotherapist Dr. Winkler, Dr. James Judd, SantKeshevedas, Sadhu Singh (3HO Foundation), Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan (Sufism), Red Eagle (Shaman), Peter and Eileen Caddy of Findhorn, Scotland, and Dr. D. Gary Young, Founder Young Living Essential Oils, among others.
She currently is the Executive Vice President of the National Holistic Education Association.
When she moved to Washington, DC from Montreal in 1995, she fell in love with the energy ofRappahannock County in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia and resolved to live there'someday.' Well, that 'someday' is now. Having found a well-known bed and breakfast on ten acres near Sperryville and Culpeper, she bought it, and renamed it “The Inn on Thistle Hill, Bed & Breakfast andWellness Center ” where she shares her knowledge and experiences in classes and workshops at theWellness Center . She also is available for Private Readings, Raindrop Technique Aromatherapy and Energy Balancing Sessions.
Seane's thrilled to offer The Inn on Thistle Hill in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, where she is putting to use all her experience in making The Inn on Thistle Hill and Wellness Center a haven for fellow travelers and a place of learning, creativity, wellness and serenity where people can come to enjoy fabulous food, relax, rejuvenate and re-energize.
The Inn on Thistle Hill Bed & Breakfast is located in Boston, VA between Culpeper and Sperryville on Hwy 522 North (a.k.a. Sperryville Pike and in Culpeper, Evans Street). We're about 15 to 20 minutes away from Little Washington, VA and the Inn at Little Washington.
Be aware that we've had a couple of guests follow Mapquest's directions and have been taken on an extremely lengthy over-the-moutains-and-through-the-woods kind of way. Nice scenery, lonnng drive. If the map and directions listed below are not sufficient, just give us a call and we'll be glad to help!
From Washington, DC and/or Dulles Airport:Coming from the Beltway, Take I-66 West (toward Front Royal).Coming from Dulles Airport, take 29 south toward Centerville. When you get to I-66, go west towards Front Royal.Take the Gainesville Exit (Hwy 29) towards Warrenton. Important: To miss a lot of traffic lights and traffic, pass the Gainesville Exit and take the next exit which is Hwy 15. At the end of the exit ramp, turn left on to Hwy 15. Where it connects to Hwy 29, turn right.Continue on Hwy 29, pass Warrenton (stay in the left 2 lanes of Hwy 29, under the sign for "Culpeper,") and continue on Hwy 29.Take the first exit for Culpeper (about 35 miles from I-66), turn right at the end of the ramp and proceed along toward Old Town of Culpeper until you reach Hwy 522 North (Evans St. in Culpeper), turn right. Go approximately 9.5 miles. When you see the Boston General Store on your left, you're getting close.You'll see a sign for Rappahannock County Line. When you cross the Rappahannock County Line, the driveway is at the bottom of the hill, on the right hand side of the road (.3 miles or about 1/3 mile from the Rappahannock County Line sign).
The Inn is approximately 1 ½ hours from Washington, DC; 1 ½ hours from Dulles Airport; less than an hour from Fredericksburg and Charlottesville; and about 10 to 15 minutes from Little Washington, VA.