Mountain View Inn
Room #1—Grandma's Room
This is the room that Grandma stays in when she comes from Maine for a visit. It has a low double bed (with a foam eggcrate on the mattress) and a seat in the shower so you can relax as you bathe. The room is carpeted and has drawers built into the wall in the olde New England tradition of utilizing all available space. It's a sunny room in the afternoon with views of the mountains to the west.
Room #2—Twin Room
This room features two single antique "pineapple" beds (which can be joined to make a king sized bed). This is a great room for the kids with Mom and Dad in the room next door. This room has antique wide pine floor boards and braided rugs.
Room #3—Mary and Eleanor Room
This room has an antique double spool bed which was given to Suzy by her elderly maiden cousins Mary and Eleanor. It's a little higher than modern beds, so we've provided steps to help you get into bed. This is a sunny room with both a view down stream and across the road to the horse pasture.
Room #4—Uncle Charlie's Room
The double bed in this room was made in the early 1800's by Fred's great great Uncle Charlie. He turned the birdseye maple on a water driven lathe at his shop in Maine to make the "rolling pin" head and foot boards. It's a high bed, so there is an antique step table to help you get into bed. The quilt is the Ohio Star pattern made by Suzy in memory of her grandfather who grew up in Ohio.
Room #5—Canopy Bedroom
This room features a queen tiger eye maple pencil post canopy bed made by Fred when his mother refused to give him her antique canopy bed. The walls are stenciled using an early American pattern. There are steps to help you get into this high bed where you can look out at the mountains to the north and the west. This room is large enough for a roll away bed if there is a third person in your party.
Room #6—Queen Bedroom
This room features a queen sized bed with a bear paw or dove in the window pattern quilt. Suzy made this quilt after reading that Laura Ingalls Wilder, author of Little House on the Prairie, had made a quilt of this pattern as a child. This is a lower bed. There is room in the Queen Bedroom for a single roll away if parents would like to keep their child close to them.
Room #7—Elisabeth vonTrapp Room
We call this room the Elisabeth vonTrapp Room because it is decorated in the warm colors our friend Elisabeth likes. It features a queen spool bed and has dresser drawers built into the wall. It has a chair and small table which can be used for a desk if desired. This is a sunny room with both south and east windows looking down on the flower garden.
- Room rates are $140.00 per night including breakfast during Foliage and Ski seasons.
- A two night minimum stay is required on weekends.
- We take a 50% deposit or one night's lodging deposit when the reservation is made. We require a 14-day notice of cancellation for a full refund. We reserve the right to charge the full amount of the reservation if cancellation notice is received within 48 hours of anticipated arrival or if the guest fails to arrive. If the deposit is made by credit card, 5% of the deposit will be deducted from the deposit refund to cover the costs of credit card processing.
- We are a non-smoking inn.
- Children are welcome.
- We are sorry, although we love pets, we cannot accommodate them in the inn.
You may check room availability and request a reservation on-line if you wish.