Golden Stage Inn
Tasteful wallpaper and shades of burgundy make this room a frequent favorite of many guests. Its cherry finish sleigh bed cradles a new extra deep (and extra high) luxury mattress. The room is named for Reverend Warren Skinner’s eldest son, who reportedly took several years to return when sent on a simple errand to buy some sugar.
Named for the author and actress Cornelia Otis Skinner, a former resident of this home, the room captures the rural character of Cornelia’s country home of the late 1800′s. The bedside table, stacked with her books, invites you to snuggle in and read for hours. On the second floor, Cornelia’s Room is at the front of the house in the oldest part of the home (c.1788). With its original pine floor, this room offers a queen poster bed with a new luxury mattress, an antique vanity and a wooden rocker.
Otis Skinner, a turn of the century performer, charmed audiences around the world. Let this 1788 room charm you with its country wallpaper and metal-frame queen bed. One of our larger rooms, it has a unique footprint that allows space for sitting and relaxing on the full-size couch. The private bath is tucked away in a nook up two stairs. The room is located in the front of the house at the top of the stairs. Otis’s Room is the only standard room that can accommodate up to two extra people on the pull out couch, making it ideal for parents with young children. (Please add $25 per person per night.)
Rev. Warren’s Room
Beds can be arranged as two twins or one luxurious king. Facing south, this sun-filled room also has an antique vanity and pillowed chair for relaxing. Named for Reverend Warren Skinner, a Universalist preacher of the mid-1800′s and the patriarch of this home for many years. He and his family are buried in the cemetery across the way.
Maya’s Room has a queen bed, dresser, and armchair. On the first floor, tucked under the stairs, it has private access to the shared front porch. This room is named for Maya Angelou and honors the inn’s reported history as a stop on the Underground Railroad. Maya’s Room is wheelchair accessible.
The Cavendish Suite
Two private bedrooms share one bathroom, making this suite ideal for a family of four or two couples looking to save a few dollars. Both bedrooms have closets with terrycloth robes and small flat-screened TV/DVD players. The bathroom is newly renovated, with a luxury tiled shower and a copper vessel sink resting upon an antique oak vanity.
Room 1: Queen-size bed, a gas fired “woodstove,” and a desk.
Room 2: The feather-topped beds can be set up as two twins or one king.
The Beehive Suite
Ideal for families, these two adjoining bedrooms share one newly- renovated bathroom. One room has two twin beds and a small pull-out couch (appropriate for one child); the second bedroom has a queen bed. Both rooms have a closet with terrycloth robes, and a small flat screened TV/DVD player. The bathroom is up two stairs and has a spacious tiled shower and a beautiful handmade porcelain vessel sink resting upon an antique wooden vanity. (Rate is based on a maximum of four people. Please add $25 per night for a fifth person.) Please note: There is a door between the rooms, but those staying in the room with the twin beds must walk through the other room to get to the bathroom.
Old Stage Room
In the original part of the building (c.1788) in the front of the house, the Old Stage Room recalls the inn’s earliest history as a stagecoach stop. The antique oak double bed has a feather-topped mattress. There is an armchair, a vanity, and a bench in this room, divided by a half wall from its en-suite bathroom. Slender French doors open to a tiny but quaint private porch.
Rates and Policies
We have two room types in our bed and breakfast in Vermont:
Our standard rooms are for double occupancy (with private bath).
(In Otis’s Room only, we can sleep up to two additional people on a pull-out couch.
Please add $25 per person per night.)
Our suites are two bedrooms (with one private bathroom) and the rate is based on four people.
(In the Beehive Suite only, we can accommodate a 5th person on a pull-out couch.
Please add $25 per night.)
Non-holiday rates: $165 Standard Room / $265 Suite
Holiday rates*: $189 Standard / $289 Suite (Holidays include : Martin Luther King Weekend, Columbus Day Weekend, Christmas Week, and Presidents’ Week)
We will never add service charges or gratuities.
Our listed rates do NOT include the required 9% Vermont Rooms Tax.
*Two night minimums apply on Holiday weekends, Christmas Week, and Presidents’ Week.
- RATES: Vermont Rooms Tax of nine percent will be added to all rates. There are never any service fees or gratuities added.
- EXTRA PERSON IN ROOM: $25 per night additional charge. We can only accommodate extra persons in select rooms, as marked. All children aged 1 and older are included in this policy.
- RESERVATION DEPOSIT: A deposit of $100 is automatically charged to your credit card at the time of reservation in order to guarantee your online reservation. If you would prefer to pay this deposit by check, please make your reservation by phone, (802) 226-7744. The remainder of your balance may be paid by check or credit card at the time of arrival to the inn.
- CANCELLATIONS: For cancellations made more than 14 days prior to scheduled arrival date, your deposit will be refunded, less a non-refundable $50 cancellation fee. For cancellations made 14 days or less from the scheduled arrival date, deposits are entirely non-refundable.
- CHECK-IN/ CHECK-OUT: Check-in time is between 3:00 – 9:00 PM and Check-out time is by 11:00 AM. Delayed check-out time may be pre-arranged for the 50% of the cost of one night’s stay. Early check-in is difficult to accommodate. Please plan your travels accordingly.
- CHILDREN of all ages are welcome but should never be left unattended at any time. The “extra person” fee applies to all children age 1 and older. We do have one pack-n-play available by reservation.
- SMOKING: We are a non-smoking inn. Smokers may use the front porch during the winter or the front lawn during the summer.
- PETS: We do not allow any pets, even those that stay in the car. We do have a dog, Nelly, who is allowed in the common rooms at times, but is never in the guest rooms.
- DISCOUNTS: We’re sorry but we do not offer Senior discounts, AAA discounts or any other discounts. We do frequently offer mid-week and off-season specials. Keep checking our website, or sign up for our newsletter, or Like us on facebook to learn of these discounted rates.