Golden Stage Inn
Old Stage Room
The Old Stage Room is named so in honor of the building's history as a 1788 stagecoach stop. Its antique double bed has an extra deep luxury mattress. The slender french doors open to an adorable little private porch. This room has a private bath with a shower stall.
Rev. Warren’s Room
This room can be configured with two twin beds or one king bed. It's on the south side of the house, so it's wonderfully sunny in the afternoons. It has a comfortable chair and a small TV. The private bath has a stall shower. The room is named for Rev Warren Skinner, the patriarch of the home for many decades in the 1800s.
Tucked in the southeast corner of the inn, this room overlooks our peaceful side yard. The queen-sized sleigh bed is quite high due to the extra deep, extra luxurious mattress. The private bath has a stall shower.
Maya’s Room has a queen bed, dresser, and armchair. On the first floor, tucked under the stairs, it has private access to the shared front porch. This room is named for Maya Angelou and honors the inn’s reported history as a stop on the Underground Railroad. Maya’s Room is wheelchair accessible.
Named for the author and actress Cornelia Otis Skinner, a former resident of this home, the room captures the rural character of Cornelia’s country home of the late 1800′s. On the second floor, Cornelia’s Room is at the front of the house in the oldest part of the home (c.1788). With its original pine floor, this room offers a queen poster bed with a new luxury mattress, a fireplace, and beautifully renovated bathroom with a spacious shower and a heated tile floor.
Otis Skinner, a turn of the century performer, charmed audiences around the world. Let this 1788 room, fully renovated in 2014, charm you with its beautiful fireplace, quaint sitting area, and wooden framed Queen sized luxury bedding. An extra long jetted tub and the heated tile floor of the bathroom bring this room up to the highest standards of contemporary comfort.
The Beehive Suite
This two-room suite is perfect for families. One room has a queen sized bed and the other has two twins, plus a twin pull-out couch. Together they share one bathroom with a luxurious shower. Both bedrooms have small flat screen TV/DVD players. (Rate is based on a maximum of four people. Please add $25 per night for a fifth person.)
The Cavendish Suite
This suite is two separate bedrooms, together sharing one bathroom. It's perfect for two couples traveling together or for a family of 3 or 4. One bedroom has a queen sized bed and a fireplace; the other can be configured as two twins or a king. The renovated bathroom has a vessel sink and a spacious shower.
Rates and Policies
We have two room types in our bed and breakfast in Vermont:
Our standard rooms are for double occupancy (with private bath).
(In Otis’s Room only, we can sleep up to two additional people on a pull-out couch.
Please add $25 per person per night.)
Our suites are two bedrooms (with one private bathroom) and the rate is based on four people.
(In the Beehive Suite only, we can accommodate a 5th person on a pull-out couch.
Please add $25 per night.)
Non-holiday rates: $165 Standard Room / $265 Suite
Holiday rates: $189 Standard / $289 Suite (Holidays include : Martin Luther King Weekend, Columbus Day Weekend, Christmas Week, and Presidents’ Week)
We will never add service charges or gratuities.
Our listed rates do NOT include the required 9% Vermont Rooms Tax.
Two night minimums apply on Holiday weekends, Christmas Week, and Presidents’ Week.
- RATES: Vermont Rooms Tax of nine percent will be added to all rates. There are never any service fees or gratuities added.
- EXTRA PERSON IN ROOM: $25 per night additional charge. We can only accommodate extra persons in select rooms, as marked. All children aged 1 and older are included in this policy.
- RESERVATION DEPOSIT: A deposit of $100 is automatically charged to your credit card at the time of reservation in order to guarantee your online reservation. If you would prefer to pay this deposit by check, please make your reservation by phone, (802) 226-7744. The remainder of your balance may be paid by check or credit card at the time of arrival to the inn.
- CANCELLATIONS: For cancellations made more than 14 days prior to scheduled arrival date, your deposit will be refunded, less a non-refundable $50 cancellation fee. For cancellations made 14 days or less from the scheduled arrival date, deposits are entirely non-refundable.
- CHECK-IN/ CHECK-OUT: Check-in time is between 3:00 – 9:00 PM and Check-out time is by 11:00 AM. Delayed check-out time may be pre-arranged for the 50% of the cost of one night’s stay. Early check-in is difficult to accommodate. Please plan your travels accordingly.
- CHILDREN of all ages are welcome but should never be left unattended at any time. The “extra person” fee applies to all children age 1 and older. We do have one pack-n-play available by reservation.
- SMOKING: We are a non-smoking inn. Smokers may use the front porch during the winter or the front lawn during the summer.
- PETS: We do not allow any pets, even those that stay in the car. We do have a dog, Nelly, who is allowed in the common rooms at times, but is never in the guest rooms.
- DISCOUNTS:We’re sorry but we do not offer Senior discounts, AAA discounts or any other discounts. We do frequently offer mid-week and off-season specials. Keep checking our website, or sign up for our newsletter, or Like us on Facebook to learn of these discounted rates.