Russell Young Farm Bed and Breakfast
Blue Spruce Room
The Blue Spruce Room is located on the second floor, at the top of the main stairway, and is adjacent to the solarium. Light-filled, airy and bathed in tranquil tones of blue/green this room immediately elicits a sense of calm upon crossing its threshold. Featuring a queen size bed with luxury linens, private bath with towel warmer, independent temperature control (for heat), deep brown wide-plank painted floors, flat screen TV with cable and blu ray/DVD player, and spectacular views of our 1/2 acre pond and the Green Mountains, highlighting the peak of Camel's Hump, the Blue Spruce is a guest favorite.
Balsam Poplar Room
The Balsam Poplar Room is located on the second floor, at the top of the main stairway, and is also adjacent to the solarium. Cool mossy tones fill this room with a sense of peaceful luxury that is sure to inspire romance and intimacy. Queen size bed with luxury linens, private bath with towel warmer, independent temperature control (for heat), deep brown wide-plank painted floors, flat screen TV with cable and blu ray/DVD player, and spectacular views of our 1/2 acre pond and the Green Mountains, highlighting the peak of Camel's Hump, complete the list of accoutrements this room has to offer.
Sugar Maple Room
The Sugar Maple room is located on the first floor, and is elegantly furnished in soothing gold tones with maple syrup walls, and deep brown, wide-plank painted floors. The Sugar Maple features a queen size bed with luxury linens, private bath with towel warmer, independent temperature control (for heat), private entrance/exit, and flat-screen TV with cable and a blu ray/DVD player. Situated in the northwest corner of the Inn, views of our perennial flower garden and 1/2 acre pond are just a footnote to the full story this room will tell. Through the Sugar Maple's four large windows you will marvel at the majestic vistas of the Green Mountains and the perfectly framed view of Camel's Hump. Each season brings it's own special charm to the Sugar Maple. (This room, and the first floor guest area, is handicapped accessible.)
Rates & Policies
- All rates are double occupancy, per night and are subject to change without notice. A major credit card is required to secure your stay - you may pay with an alternate payment method at checkout. We accept cash, checks, and most major credit cards.
CHECK IN / OUT
- Check in is from 3:00pm until 7:00pm. Please let us know if you plan to arrive after 7:00pm. Check out is at 11:00am.
- Minimum stay requirements vary, but a two night minimum stay is occasionally required on weekends as well as on holidays, during special events and during all of foliage season. When booking online, our website will let you know if a minimum stay is required, but please feel free to call to inquire about your specific travel requests.
- Charges for your stay will be settled at checkout. We do not require a deposit; however, an amount equal to one night’s accommodation plus the full charge for any packages, gifts or addons will be charged for cancellations made less than than 10 days prior to arrival (see below).
- Because of our small size, cancellations and no shows affect us significantly. For this reason cancellations must be made ten days prior to the date of arrival to avoid forfeiture of your deposit. All cancellations are subject to a $12 bank imposed credit card charge.
- If a guest does not arrive and honor their reservation, or contact us to cancel, they will be charged for the full amount of the stay.
- Our Bed and Breakfast is not appropriate for young children; many of our guests are looking for a quiet getaway. Well-behaved children over the age of twelve are welcome in our inn, however we do not provide a special children's menu at breakfast.
- We are sorry to say that we cannot accept pets at this time. Near future plans include the addition of a pet-friendly carriage house, so keep checking back here or on our facebook fan page for updates and developments.
- Parking is limited to guests only as we have one parking space per room. Please let us know in advance if you will need parking for more than one vehicle.
- We are a completely non-smoking establishment. Smoking is allowed outdoors only. Please be courteous to others, smoking away from the house or open windows and please pick up after yourself. If evidence of smoking is found in your room, cleaning charges of $300 will billed to your credit card.
- We serve a fixed country-gourmet breakfast every morning between 8:00AM and 9:30AM. With notice, we can prepare breakfast as early as 7:00AM if needed. We are happy to prepare our delicious breakfast for those not staying at our inn. We require advance notice and charge $15 per breakfast.
- Our rates are based on double occupancy and are subject to a 9% Vermont State Meals and Rooms Tax (not included). The charge for an extra person is $25 per night and includes breakfast.
- This is our home and we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. We are not responsible for accidents or injury, damages to personal property or vehicles or for the loss of money or valuables of any kind.
- We do not have a liquor license at this time, so we cannot serve alcohol, but Vermont State law permits you to bring your own alcoholic beverages and consume it on the premises. Please consume alcohol responsibly, and do not drink and drive.
- Items left behind at our Bed a& Breakfast can be sent to you via mail at your request. The cost of shipping + a $5 handling and packaging fee (rounded to the next whole dollar) will be billed to your credit card.
- Russell Young Farm Bed and Breakfast is committed to protecting the environment, the health and safety of our employees, and the community in which we conduct our business. It is our policy to seek improvements throughout our business operations to lessen our impact on the local and global environment by conserving energy, water, and other natural resources; reducing waste generation; recycling and purchasing recycled products; and reducing our use of toxic materials. We believe that as a business we have a responsibility not only to minimize