Forty Putney Road Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Hartford - 1 1/2 hours - Boston - 2 1/2 hours - Albany - 1 3/4 hours
New York City - 4 hours -
Easy access from I - 91, exits 2 or 3.
This stately brick French Provincial estate overlooking the West River was built in 1929 to house the superintendent of the Brattleboro Retreat and his family. Now a broad flagstone terrace leads to formal gardens landscaped with unique and beautiful specimen trees and plantings.
Indoors, there's a cozy firelit pub serving local craft beers and wine. All guest rooms, including a two-room suite, are large and beautifully appointed with queen beds, private baths (shower and tub), Flat Panel LCD TV with DVD player and a DVD library, A/C, some with fireplaces. A full two course gourmet breakfast is prepared for you each morning to start your day. The Inn is equipped with free wireless internet service.
The Ripley Suite
Look out over the West River Valley and colorful gardens from the spacious two-room suite. You will feel at home and at ease, whether on vacation or business. A sitting room with fireplace affords your own quiet living space to read, check your email, or finish that urgent document. In the bedroom, an oversized queen sleigh bed is furnished with silky linens and has the best view in the house through original windows with remarkable pewter fittings.
Each of our 6 rooms is unique, some have fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, original 1920s tile and nickel plated brass fixtures, crown moldings, Tempurpedic mattresses and/or hand-carved furnishings.
All of our rooms have private baths and Queen sized beds.
- Free High Speed Wireless Internet
- 22" LCD TV with DVD Player and movie library
- CD Radio with Ipod / MP3 connection
- Luxury linens and heavy Turkish bath towels
- Eco Essential spa amenities
- Hair Dryers
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Private Phone/ modem connection
- Ceiling Fans / AC
- Double occupancy rates from $159. Business traveler rates are available, please see our website for current rates and offers
- Additional adult and/or extra bed $25
- Additional guest for breakfast $15
- Rates subject to change and do not include 10% Vt. Room & Meals taxes
- Shuttle service for bicycle/canoe/kayak trips; Advance notice required
- Spa Room with 6 person Hot Tub and Fireplace, overlooking the water
- Refrigerators in each room, stocked with complimentary soda, water and snacks
- Non-smoking environment
- In-house Pub; select wines available by the bottle
- Full gourmet breakfast
- Check in from 4 to 7 pm; check out by 11 am
- Please call if you need to make other arrangements
- Fireplace rooms
- We do not accept pets
- We do not accept children under 12
- Vegetarian diet available with notice
- In-room Flat Panel LCD TV with DVD player and a DVD library;Phone/Fax/Modem; Hair dryers; Iron and Ironing Board
- Private baths with Eco Essential spa amenities
- Open year round