Amid Summer's Inn Bed and Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Susan Strickland comments: Owners, Charlene and Gary are the most warm inviting people! LOVE the Inn...DECOR, FOOD, and the " CAPTAIN'S QUARTERS" Enjoy the fabulous breakfast and meeting other interesting guests from everywhere who also loved this Inn and their stay here.
Mayri Hebert comments: A comfortable home away from home. Charlene & Gary are the perfect Host and Hostess. Each room is unique inspired by its own theme. The art murals and decor is spectacular and the food is a gourmet's delight.
DJ & Lorena Rourke comments: Best B&B experience we've ever had. Beautiful room. Wonderful Hosts. Great location for walking around and to the plays.
Bob and Barb Agonia comments: Charlene and Gary_ Thanks for everything. You two are like family, and that's our highest compliment. Amid Summer's Inn is my second home. Here I find warmth, solace, peace, stimulation of ideas, and friends-old and new. Thats what home is all about.
Mike and Connie Mudd comments: We've never stayed at a B&B before. You've made this a wonderful experience. We will definitely be back. Because you've made this very special, we'll most likely stay at B&B'S wherever we go. Thank you so much.
Carol Easterly comments: Amid Summer's Inn is a wonderful B&B. Our room was very clean, comfortable and relaxing and the whole house is decorated beautifully. Gary and Charlene made us feel like it was our home...they went over board to make our stay with them pleasant (even fixed us a special request "to go bag" for breakfast on the last day. Cedar City is also a really great "1950's clean, safe, small town). We have stayed in many B&B'S in Europe & this one rates equal with the top B&B'S in Europe.
Janice Reid/Kegley comments: Amid Summer's Inn in Cedar City is a wonderful place. The rooms are extremely comfortable and furnished beautifully, each with a different theme. Each contains a small refrigerator, television, and individual temperature control. Breakfast at Amid Summer's Inn is a gourmet delight with a exquisite selection hot & cold dishes. But best of all are the innkeepers, Gary & Charlene Elsasser, whose warmth & friendliness make one feel completely at home. In fact, it is not unusual for guests to appear at the breakfast table in pajamas& robe. I have stayed at many hotels & bed & breakfast inns in CedarCity and would not willingly stay anywhere but Amid Summer's Inn. My husband & I stay there about five times a year.
2012 "Most Comfortable Bed" from over 8,500 B&B'S
Voted 2011 "Best Nearby Activities"
Voted 2010 "Best Decor"
Voted 2009 "Inn Of The Year"
Voted 2008-2009 "Best Breakfast"
Voted"Best Innkeeper"In All North America America & Canada
Mayor's Award For The Top Twelve Yards In Cedar City, Utah
Tripadvisor Certificate Of Excellence Award For The Year Of 2011 and 2012
Welcome to the Amid Summer's Inn, a Cedar City, Utah bed and breakfast. This unique B&B is a beautiful and historic 1930's Tudor home located on a quaint, tree-lined street. Step back in time and allow the Innkeepers to treat you to a relaxing retreat in your choice of luxurious accommodations. From rustic to elegant, the choice is yours at the enchanting Amid Summer's Inn.
When you choose to stay at the Inn, you are choosing an experience far superior to conventional hotel lodging. With amenities such as the lavish breakfast that is served to guests each morning, homemade treats to snack on each day, nightly turn-down service, personalized assistance from the friendly and knowledgeable innkeepers and much more, there is truly no comparison.
Located just steps from the many interesting restaurants, shops and festivals that Cedar City, UT has to offer, the inn is also in close proximity to the wide variety of natural attractions in Southern Utah. The Inn is one and one half blocks from the Utah Shakespearean Festival and just two doors from a gourmet restaurant. A short stroll past our aromatic, award-winning flower garden takes you to Historic downtown shopping and other great places to dine. Spend time exploring the city streets or hiking through Zion National Park. Regardless of how you choose to fill your days, allow Amid Summer's Inn to fill your nights with luxury.
The numerous amenities begin with off-street parking and extend to a sumptuously decorated inn. The parlor features an original Rococo sofa and chairs dating from the 1800's. An inviting fireplace accents the arched ceiling that takes you back to days gone by while fresh flowers and chocolates add to the ambiance.
Every room has a private bath, air conditioning, cable television, wireless internet, refrigerator, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, which doubles as a night light, alarm clock radio, specialty toiletries, soft linens, triple sheets, and very comfortable pillow top beds.
Then...there are the extras for which Gary and Charlene are famous. They offer a full, multi-course, warm gourmet breakfast feast which, also, includes a fresh fruit bowl, homemade pastries, assorted juices, teas, and coffee all served on heirloom china in the elegant formal dining room. You, also, won't want to miss the extravagant assortment of homemade fruit smoothies. One guest wrote in the comment book, "The breakfast alone is worth the price of your room."
During the day, delight in home baked snacks and fresh fruit out on the beautifully decorated covered deck. Relax as you feel the peace and tranquility while taking a nap or reading a good book.
The inn offers a variety of special pricing options such as military travel discount, reduced rates for senior citizens and participation in the AAA "Show Your Card and Save" program. If you would like more information about these discounts and how you might benefit as a guest, feel free to contact the innkeepers.
Area AttractionsCedar City is known by many as the "Gateway to the National Parks" and for good reason! Just a short drive from the inn, guests can easily make their way to Zion National Park and the Kolob Canyons, the North Rim of the majestic Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon National Park, Cedar Breaks National Monument, and Brian Head Ski Resort, all here in beautiful Scenic Southern Utah. Each of these beautiful locations offers it's own unique examples of natural beauty for visitors to explore. This is a great time to visit Brian Head.Not only do the innkeepers take great pleasure in offering you beautiful and luxurious lodging during your stay, they are also ready to answer any questions you might have about the area. Allow them to help you plan your daily excursions by providing directions to the well-known sights, making suggestions of great local restaurants and shops and pointing out the smaller (but still worthwhile!) sites such as Strawberry Point, Mammoth Cave and a variety of local hiking trails.
- Utah Shakespearean Festival (walk to)
- Bryce Canyon National Park (79 miles)
- Zion National Park (62 miles)
- Cedar Breaks National Monument (21 miles): Scheduled to open June 10/subject to weather
- Neil Simon Festival (walk to)
- Brian Head Ski Resort (29 miles)
- Southern Utah University (walk to)
- The Heritage Center (walk to)
- Tuacahn Amphitheatre (60 miles)
- Zion Canyon(60 miles)
- Kolob Canyon (20 miles)sisters with Zion
- Parowan Gap Petroglyphs (20 miles)
- Kanarraville Waterfalls (35 miles)
- Duck Creek (20 miles)
- St.George, UT(40 min)
- Silver Reef,UT(30 min)
- Leeds,UT (30min)
- Las Vegas (2 1/2 HRS)
- ColorCountry Quilt Gathering (close)
- Cowboy Gathering (close)
- Navajo Lake (22 miles)
- Parowan Heritage Park ( 20 miles)
- Parowan Historic Cemetery ( 20 miles)
- Parowan Old Rock Church ( 20 miles)
- Scenic Byway Loop ( 25 miles)
- Lion's Mouth (10 minutes)
- Braithwaite Fine Arts Gallery (walk to)
- Cedar Canyon Paved Walking Trail( walk)
- Cedar city Swimming Pool & Hydro-tube (walk)
- Cedar Ridge 18 Hole Golf Course ( 5 miles
- Daughters of the Utah Pioneers Museum ( 3 minutes)
- Exit 59 Skateboard Park ( 3 minutes)
- Iron Mission State Park Museum ( 3 min)
- Cedar Bowling Center (8 min)
- Lots of antique shops in town
Favorite Places to Eat
Private Tour Guide AvailableHe can take you just about anywhere you would like to go. Must call for an appointment. He is scheduling for week-ends at this time.Simple tours can be available during the week.
- Milt's Stage Stop-recommend reservation (5 minutes)
- Garden House- recommend reservation ( 2 doors away)
- Pastry Pub (deli) walk-1 block
- Rusty's (5 minutes)
- Market Grill ( 5 minutes)
- Ninja Steak House ( 5 minutes)
- Wingers ( 5 minutes)
- Depo Grill (2 blocks)
- Sweet Basil- Thai & Sushi (5 minutes)
- Toadz Sports Bar (4 blocks)
- Applebee's (5 min)
- Sizzler (3 min)
- Pasta Factory (2 min)
- Chilies(5 min)
- Costa Vida(5 min)
- Lupita's (5 min)
- The Grind Coffee House( walk)
- IHOP (3 min)
- LaCasa Don Miguel (2 min)
- Main Street Grill (walk)
- Sonny Boy's ( walk) Barbecue
- Craigo's Pizzao
- Pioneer Pizza
- Quizno's Subs
Four Seasons of Fun!
- Parowan Birthday Celebration
- Parowan Film Festival
- American Children's Christmas Festival www.christmas-festival.org
- Parowan Christmas In The Country
- Fireworks, Torchlight, Parade & Family New Year's Party-Brian Head
- Parowan New Year's Eve Party
- Ironman Triathlon (St. George) www.ironmanstgeorge.com
- Brian Head Spring Carnival & Easter Celebration
- SUU Annual POW WOW
- Thunderbird Film Festival www.thunderbirdfilmfestival.suu.edu
- Color Country Shootout
- Himmelsk-The Festival Royale www.himmelsk.org/royale.html
Parowan Home and Garden Show
- Utah Shakespearean Festival www.bard.org
- Utah Summer Games www.utahsummergames.org
- The Neil Simon Festival (July-August ) www.simonfest.org
- 4th Of July & Pioneer Day Celebrations
- Paiute POW-WOW www.utahpaiutes.org
- Groovefest American Music Festival
- Cedar Breaks Wildflower Festival www.nps.gov/cebr/wilflower-festival.htm
- American Family Fest www.americanfamilyfest.org
- Brian Head Summer Arts & Crafts Festival
- Utah Mid-Summer Renaissance Faire www.umrf.net/faire_info.html
- Thunder On The Mountain Motorcycle Rally
- Duck Creek Chili Cook-off
- Iron County Fair
- Iron County Parade of Homes
- Cedar City Fall Arts Festival www.cedarcityartscouncil.org
- July Jamboree www.cedarcityrotary.org/julyjam.htm
- Utah Shakespearean Festival (June-October) www.bard.org
- Huntsman World Senior Games(October)www.seniorgames.net(St. George)
- Cedar City Sky Fest www.cedarcityskyfest.com
- Fallfest Cedar City
- Iron Mission Days
- Ivins Harvest Moon Festival
- Brian Head Octoberfest
- New Harmony Applefestival
- St. George Marathon (October) www.stgeorgemarathan.com)
- The Great American Stampede www.greatamericanstampede.com
- Cedar City Livestock & Heritage Festival www.cedarlivestockfest.com