Miss Lissia's Cabin/Barnhouse - Historic Tours
Miss Lissia's Cabin
The plantation cottage is quaint, romantic, and private. An elegant retreat restored to it's former charm with the addition of a gingerbread porch. Beautiful decor, wonderful for honeymooners or those seeking a special retreat for an anniversary, or for those married couples who seek something special.
Miss Lissia's Cottage awaits you, elegantly appointed with antiques. The plantation cottage invites you to enjoy this romantic victorian suite with a whirlpool tub for two, elegant chandelier, original pine tongue and groove beadboard walls, beautiful original oak floors, and antique furnishings. Enjoy the evening on the beautiful turn-of-the-century high back bed. Adding to the ambiance of the romantic cottage, is a period Queen Anne Walnut armoire, lace covered ladies vanity and antique European rose marble washstand.
Also in house, is a 1911 quartersawn oak school piano occupying the small parlor. Windows are trimmed with antique heart pine and enhanced with Quaker lace curtains. Cottage includes a bath, with a Victorian style vanity, whirlpool for two in the bedroom, a collection of movies, a small tv and a stereo cabinet with marriage enrichment cd's, games, and frontier era artifacts from when the cabin was a cattleman's home. Television set gets a local channel and is mainly for movies). Popcorn and drinks in the kitchenette for your 'popcorn & movie night.' Curl up and read a book from the library (washstand), enjoy the romantic 'Song of Solomon' on cassette tapes, or enjoy the rose garden and nature from the plantation rockers.
Each morning indulge in a private breakfast or have your breakfast 'al fresco' on the gingerbread porch. Central heat and air. There is no phone in the cottage, you are welcome to use your cell phone. A charming tearoom adjoins the suite and serves as a kitchenette, with a microwave and mini-refrigerator also includes a French Country Armoire and heirloom radio cabinet (converted to a tea charming cabinet with tea accessories and family heirlooms, and Indian artifacts).
The suite is yours to use for your special evening. Attention to detail is exquisite. A romantic herself, your hostess enjoys sharing this antique cottage with her guests.
We hope you enjoy your romantic cottage for two as a couple or perfect for a mother daughter or girls getaway. Extra person's would require you bringing an air mattress for girls trips. A surcharge of $25 will be applied for 3rd and 4th person.
Rates & Policies
- $149 a night single
- $159 per couple (two nights)
- $175 per couple for 1 night stay
- Adult accommodations only
- Two night minimums
- We are not handicap accessible
- Self catering breakfast
- There is no telephone in the cabin
- Feel free to leave our phone number in the main house with your family, if needed
- Hosts on the premises
- Check-In after 3 pm or by arrangement
- Check-Out by 11 am by reservation only
- Be sure and let us know if you are celebrating a special occasion
- Special packages must be pre-arranged and pre-paid
- One night's deposit is required at time of booking for 1 nights stay
- Money orders, checks, or MasterCard & Visa upon arrival is preferred
- 1/2 of the stay is required for a deposit to hold the room
- You may pay in full at time of reservation
- Reservations within two weeks, full charge will be made to card
- Please indicate a time of arrival and please call if it changes
Cancellations received 14 days before arrival will receive a full refund. After 14 days, full charge will be made, unless we can rebook your room. Last minute cancellations will be charged full price. Last minute reservations must be held by credit card, unless you can get the check here in a timely manner.
Room reservations will be refunded, if cancellations are made not less than two full weeks in advance of your planned arrival date.
Please be aware that we have a dog and several cats. The animals are all outdoor. They might try to visit you in your suite, they are not allowed in. They love attention and affection and meeting our guests. Suzi, our dog is usually the first to greet you upon your arrival. Please take the time to make friends with her and she will sit for you and shake your hand. Our kitties include Kay-Kay, Miss Kitty, Patches and Domino.
They often enjoy sunning on the Gingerbread Porch or joining you at least part of the way on your walk. As you are aware, we are located in a country setting, please be careful of plants and animals that might affect you. We also have livestock on the acreage. You might see them, if you choose to take a evening walk down the winding country road and watch the beautiful Texas sunset.
- Absolutely no candles can be used (We supply a candle type lamp with different settings)
- Due to the historic nature of the cottage, no pets or smoking allowed
- Gift Certificates available