Katy House Bed & Breakfast
The Texas Special
The spacious Texas Special, upstairs in the main house, is named after the M-K-T's premiere passenger train. Railroad lamps from the 1880s help capture the feel of this master bedroom and private balcony. A new electric Franklin fireplace adds to the romance. The period iron bed has been converted to modern queen-size. The room also has an in-room refrigerator, television, cable and VCR, and free WiFi. The large private bath with marble walls, includes a claw-footed tub and overhead shower.
The Katy Limited
The Katy Limited, upstairs in the main house, is named after another of the M-K-T's passenger trains. The large bedroom is complete with a wardrobe holding the TV and VCR. An electric fireplace adds romance to the room. The private bath includes a claw-footed tub and overhead shower. Free WiFi is available through the Katy House.
The Bluebonnet Room
The charming Bluebonnet Room, upstairs in the main house, reflects the comforts of the M-K-T passenger train for which it was named. Appointed in Eastlake furniture and period graphics, it offers the warmth and charm that feels like Grandma's house.An electric fireplace adds romance to the room. A bright, private bath with claw-foot tub and shower complete the picture. Like all our guest rooms, the Bluebonnet features a TV with cable and VCR, and free WiFi.
The Conductor's Quarters
The Conductors' Quarters (bed, bath and kitchen) is adorned with authentic antique railroad hardware and memorabilia. Once the home of an over-the-road conductor, it captures the feel of early small-Texas-town living. An additional sofa-sleeper accommodates families or extra guests. A private bath with clawfoot tub and shower completes the picture. All guest rooms have cable TV and VCRs, and free WiFi. This room is "pet friendly."
The Katy Tower
The Katy Tower is in a separate building in the backyard. The upstairs, small bedroom is decorated with railroad memorabilia. The antique bed has been converted to queen. An electric fireplace adds romance to the room. A whirlpool type tub for two has been added to the room. The private bath includes a spacious tub and shower. The Katy Tower has its own deck, just outside the bedroom, complete with rocking chairs! All guest rooms have cable TV and VCRs,and free WiFi. This room is "pet friendly."
Reservations & Policies
- Please call 512-237-4262 or 1-800-843-5289 or email us at email@example.com for current rates. All rates are based on double occupancy. For additional guests in Conductor's Quarters, please add $15.00 per person.
- Friends and Family in Smithville? Call and ask about a discount.
- Corporate discounts (Sunday through Thursday) are available. State and city taxes will be added where required. Rates are subject to change without notice. We are happy to give state rates to all state employees here on business.
- Check-in time is from 2 P.M. and check-out by noon. If you are arriving after 9 P.M., please call ahead for check-in arrangements. We live on the third floor of the house and try to go up around 9 P.M.
- Advance deposit in the amount of one night's stay is required for reservations. Personal checks, cash, American Express, Visa, Mastercard and Discover Card accepted.
- Cancellation Policy: Should you need to cancel and notify us at least 72 hours before arrival date, we will be happy to credit your deposit to another visit or refund your deposit less a $15.00 processing fee. When canceling, be sure to receive a cancellation number. We are sorry, but cancellations can not be done by email or on the answering machine. We will need to give you a cancellation number.
- The Katy House is a non-smoking Inn. Guests may smoke on the porches or in the yards.
- Children or pets can be accommodated with prior arrangements in certain rooms.
The Katy House Bed and Breakfast, in Central Texas town of Smithville, gladly welcomes any well-trained dog to travel along with their owners. With our very own house dogs, Buddy and Carter, we welcome any fellow K9 friends. Smithville has a "Bark Park" just one block from the B&B.
We do ask for those traveling with dogs to follow these guidelines:
Dogs are welcome in the Conductor's Quarters and the Katy Tower. Each room is in separate buildings in the fenced back yard. Dogs are welcome in the fenced back yard, your guest room, but not in the Main House.
- Owners are, of course, responsible for any damage to the property.
- While we would prefer that your dog not get on the bed and furniture, if you do allow it, please use a "dog" sheet to protect the linens. We will be happy to provide you with one.
- A pooper scooper is available to pick up after your dog.
- We prefer that you take your dog with you when you are away from the Inn. If you must leave your dog for short periods in your room, please crate your dog.
- No barking!
- Please do not use Inn towels for dirty paws. An innkeeper will gladly get you something suitable.
- Please be considerate of the Inn historic furnishings.
We hope you and your pet's stay at our Bed and Breakfast is most enjoyable. We will gladly accommodate you in any way possible.
If you have any questions about bringing your friend, please call us. (512) 237- 4262