The Gruene Mansion Inn
Table Of Contents
The Gruene Mansion Inn Bed & Breakfast is located near New Braunfels, Texas in the historic community of Gruene. Sitting on the banks of the Guadalupe River, and adjacent to Gruene Hall, the Gruene Mansion Inn offers you the opportunity to enjoy lodging, in the most unique Texas-experience, in high style.
After settling in to your accommodations, you can dance in Gruene Hall, float the Guadalupe, shop downtown Gruene, dine in five different restaurants, or just soak up the soul of Texas without moving your car, and did we mention the incredible climate of the Hill Country?
The Gruene Mansion Inn has captured the drama and historical flair of Henry D. Gruene's Victorian home and complimentary buildings in this premier Texas Bed and Breakfast.
The Gruene Mansion Inn has hosted enough honeymoons, anniversaries, birthdays, and getaways to make us think Romance and Fun still go together. And talk about the most unique spot for corporate meetings! You will be amazed at the way your corporate team can loosen their creative juices while relaxing here.
The Mansion itself, the old barns, corn crib, carriage house and other buildings have been converted into 30 individual, self-contained units. Each guest has his or her own entrance, private bathroom and porch. You'll smile at the unusual touches in each room, none are decorated the same.
Breakfast is included with each night's stay. The buffet includes several hot items, pastries, breads, fruit, premium orange juice, and coffee. Serving time is from 8:30 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. You can dine on the patio, in the Mansion, or in your room.
Surprise and delight your family and friends with a Gift Certificate from the romantic and historic Gruene Mansion Inn.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Chelsea for sharing her own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
For a weekend getaway, or for a show at Gruene Hall, next door.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
Our homemade breakfast, Our rooms each uniquely different, Our friendly staff.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Gruene’s main motto is “gently resisting change” If you’re looking for a little R&R, this is place for you. If your looking for a weekend getaway, this is your place. If you want to bring the kids for the weekend, this is your place. If you want a romantic few days away, this is your place.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
Our delicious homemade breakfast.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Everything!! Restaurants, Bars, Shops, Winery, etc., etc.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Gristmill, Mozies, Cantina Del Rio, Adobe Verde.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
Do you accept pets?
- Arrington's B&B Magazine listed The Gruene Mansion Inn among the Top 15 Most Romantic B&Bs in America
- Texas Highways Magazine rated Gruene Mansion the 7th Most Popular Country Inn/B&B in Texas
- The Inn was also featured in Country Lifestyle and mentioned in Southern Living
Weary of the same sterile meeting room experience? Looking for something different?
Then come to the Gruene Mansion Inn and be transformed by the casual yet professional, slower yet effective, and fun yet productive atmosphere. If your group numbers 5-20 folks, we can provide the environment that you have been hoping to find:
- A meeting room that charms, relaxes, and invigorates
- Continuous break service with snacks that say Wow!
- Wireless high speed internet access
- A/V equipment that includes video projection
- Meal service, in the meeting room or in a dining room
- 31 sleeping rooms, each with private bath and private entrance
- 50 paces to Texas-famous Gruene Hall
- 217 paces to the Gruene Bridge on the Guadalupe River
- Water recreation activities like fly-fishing, kayaking, toobing
- Eclectic shopping
- Five restaurants within a two minute walk
- In a town that has gently resisted change since 1872
- Take exit 191 toward Canyon Lake (west)
- Go 1.5 miles to the light at Hunter Road and turn left
- (a landmark is the red-and-white beer barn called Jak’s)
- Go about one mile until the road dead-ends at Gruene Hall
- Turn left, the Gruene Mansion Inn is the first building on the right
From IH-10 (Houston)
- Take IH-10 west towards San Antonio
- Exit # 607 in Seguin and head west on Hwy 46 towards New Braunfels
- Cross under IH-35; turn right at 2nd stop light on Common Street
- Turn left at 4-way stop on Gruene Road
- We are located about 1.5 miles on left hand side on Gruene Road