The Lamb's Rest Inn
Table Of Contents
The Lamb's Rest Inn is located in New Braunfels, Texas. Experience warm Texas hospitality in this charming and romantic inn on the Guadalupe River in the heart of the Texas hill country. Distinctive bed and breakfast accommodations located less than a mile from the historic village of Gruene in New Braunfels. The lush gardens and fountains provide several outdoor settings for a quiet respite or sharing a romantic moment with a glass of wine with that special person.
The Inn is furnished with antiques, custom pieces, and the innkeepers. collections. Six uniquely decorated guest rooms feature down comforters, luxurious linens and robes, TVs, wireless internet, private baths some with spa tubs, fireplaces, signature soaps and shampoo. Guests enjoy a full gourmet breakfast. Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages and award winning chocolate chip cookies are available daily.
Guests may enjoy views of the river from the porch rockers or relax on one of the decks. The quaint conservatory facing the river is a peaceful setting with a swing for watching the sunset or sunrise. The fragrant English-style garden is a tranquil setting for romance, rest, or quiet conversation. Experience a relaxing day by the pool or enjoy a soak in the therapeutic hot tub after returning from a busy fun filled day. The dining area is ideal for small business meetings, scrapbooking, or retreats. Wireless internet is available throughout the property.
Lamb's Rest Inn is conveniently located between Austin and San Antonio in New Braunfels, the gateway to the hill country. A day trip may include a visit to a winery, lavender field, or olive grove. Area attractions include toobing, rafting, kayaking, golfing, or country western dancing at Gruene Hall. Enjoy shopping and antiquing in Gruene or make a day of shopping in nearby Wimberley, Boerne, Comfort, or Fredericksburg. The largest outlet mall in the southwest is located only minutes away in San Marcos.
- Coffee is available in the dining room at 7am and each room has its own Keurig/coffee pot.
- Soft drinks and snacks are available in the common area
- Refrigerator, ice maker and microwave are located in the dining room
- A full gourmet breakfast is served each morning at 9am in the dining room
- Bath robes
- Cable TV
- Internet Service
- Ironing Board & Iron
- Complimentary glycerin soap, bath soap, shampoo and facial makeup cleanser
- Down comforters, pillows and luxurious bed linens
“Fantastic Girl's Weekend” Seven of us spent the weekend here to celebrate a birthday among us girlfriends- and every one of us was taken away with the beauty of the site, the fabulously gracious hosts and the scrumptious breakfasts that had us asking for recipes. The location is private and quiet- overlooks the river and you can watch people float by. For those who need to stay out of the sun, there are areas to sit outside and not be in the sun. It was a magical weekend for us and I highly recommend this bed and breakfast.
-Marie M, Corpus Christi, Texas
“Excellent” This is the place, nice, clean, quiet, great breakfast, private. We stayed two nights here and enjoyed the pool, hottub, garden and river front pier. They made us feel really special.
-TheLyonsGroup, New Braunfels, Texas
“Gotta love it and can't stay away!” This will be our third time to stay at this amazing b&b tucked away on the river in Gruene, Texas. Not only are the gourmet breakfasts hands down, but the grounds and accommodations are the ultimate and worth every penny. The innkeepers are very professional and friendly to say the least and you just want to give them hug upon your departure. this will be our destination for many years to come for a quick getaway from the hustle and bustle of Houston.
-italybound, Houston, TX
“Lambs Rest Inn is heavenly!” My husband and I just returned from an amazing weekend at Lamb's Rest Inn in Gruene. We love Gruene and have been there several times but this was our first visit to Lamb's Rest. I can't wait to return! George & Judy are wonderful hosts. The breakfast both mornings was delicious. We stayed in Quillys Antiques and it was perfect. We had our own porch that looked out on their beautiful gardens and the Guadalupe river. There is also a porch down at the river where we relaxed and enjoyed a glass of wine. Unfortunately we weren't there long enough to enjoy their pool or hot tub but they both looked wonderful. There are only 6 rooms here so it is small, quiet and peaceful. We met the other guests at breakfast each morning but otherwise I felt like we were the only people there. Our room was very clean, newly decorated, and the bed was very comfortable. I selected this room because I loved the single bed window seat. It was a wonderful spot for reading and napping on Sunday afternoon. We have stayed in many bed and breakfasts and this is at the top of my list. It is a wonderful place for couples or for girls trips. We hope to get several couples together soon and visit as a group. I also plan to return with my daughter next month. If you have never been to Gruene I highly recommend it. We floated the river, saw Michael Martin Murphy at the Gruene Dance Hall, enjoyed fantastic restaurants, visited cute shops and enjoyed being away for our busy lives. -KEBDallas, Dallas
“Lambs Rest Inn” Stayed in the Mulberry room. Had a small sun room that our college student daughter stayed in. Everything is beautifully decorated and the beds are the most comfortable I have slept in. Very quiet area but close to the action in Gruene, Wimberley and New Braunfels. Right on the Guadalupe River. Great views , decks, landscaping. Very peaceful. breakfast on week end was very good. Didn 't like waiting on other guests.
-Debbie C, Kingwood, Texas
“Great Place with Homestyle Feel!” My husband and I can to stay at the Lamb's Rest Inn for a vacation within driving distance from home. I selected this location based on reviews from tripadvisor. The pictures don't do it justice. The grounds are just so full of vegetation. There are two deck levels to oversee the river, which when we came was the temperature of bath water. I loved waking up to the smell of breakfast every morning of our stay. It was always prepared with such care. George and Judy really take care of their customers are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet! The location is just a mile from Gruene Village where there is much to do. In Gruene, its fun to see at night with the people walking the streets and the bands playing. Its great to be able to just hop in the car and leave the action for a nice, relaxing retreat back at the Lamb's Rest Inn. God bless you, George and Judy for taking care of us during our stay.
-BriA___1980, Hobbs, New Mexico, USA
“You will love it” 3 friends and I had a girls trip long weekend at the Lambs Rest. We stayed in the Buttertub suite. I picked the sleeping alcove, and I loved it. The food is amazing, the multi level deck is peaceful and has a beautiful view. You won't regret your stay here. - mh002001, Spring, TX
“Comfort, Luxury, Privacy, Scenic, Hospitality!”
Was a birthday get away for my guy -- everything was just the best -- we enjoyed lots of privacy, a luxurious comfortable room, sat outside both evening and morning enjoying the river view and sounds, and the birds (including a beautiful owl!) and the stars and the fragrance of the abundant flowers. Breakfast was very tasty, the inn is spotless! and the bed the most comfortable I have ever had at a B & B! Just around the corner from Gruene for music, shopping and such. We did a canoe ride the next day on the Guadalupe from the Rockin R outfitters and had a great time and good service as well. Very special place!
Lamb's Rest Inn is conveniently located between Austin and San Antonio in New Braunfels, Texas, the gateway to the hill country. A day trip may include a visit to a winery, lavender field, or olive grove. Area attractions include toobing, rafting, kayaking, golfing, or country western dancing at Gruene Hall. Enjoy shopping and antiquing in Gruene or make a day of shopping in nearby Wimberley, Boerne, Comfort, or Fredericksburg. The largest outlet mall in the southwest is located only minutes away in San Marcos.
- Local Attractions Schlitterbahn Waterpark & Resorts (www.schlitterbahn.com)
- Wurstfest Association (www.wurstfest.com)
- Gruene Hall (www.gruenehall.com)
- Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch (www.wildliferanchtexas.com)
- Natural Bridge Caverns (www.naturalbridgecaverns.com)
- Rockin R River Rides (www.rockinr.com)
- Canyon Lake Gorge (www.canyongorge.org)
- Sophienburg Museum & Archives (www.sophienburg.com)
- Links Hill Country Visitor Guide (www.hill-country-visitor.com)
- Huisache Grill (www.huisache.com)
- Rough Creek Lavender Fields (www.roughcreeklavender.com)
- The Bella Vista Ranch (www.bvranch.com)
- Friesenhaus Restaurant & Bakery (www.friesenhausnb.com)
- San Marcos Chamber of Commerce (www.sanmarcostexas.com)
- White Crane Massage & Spa (www.WhiteCraneMassageAndSpa.com)
- Myron's Steakhouse (www.myronsprimesteakhouse.com)
- Gruene River Company (www.toobing.com)
- T Bar M Ranch (www.tbarm.com)
- John Newcombe Tennis Ranch (www.newktennis.com)
- Historic District of Gruene (www.gruenetexas.com)
- Gruene Market Days (www.gruenemarketdays.com)
- Gristmill Restaurant (www.gristmillrestaurant.com)
- Buck Pottery (www.buckpottery.com)
- Gruene Outfitters (www.grueneoutfitters.com)
- Gruene River Grill (www.gruenerivergrill.com)
- Museum of Texas Handmade Furniture (www.nbheritagevillage.com)
- Bandit Golf (www.banditgolfclub.net)
- Dry Comal Creek Vineyards (www.drycomalcreek.com)
- Texas Ski Ranch (www.texasskiranch.com)
- San Marcos Factory Shops (www.primeoutlets.com)
- Tanger Outlet Mall (www.tangeroutlet.com)
- Tourin' Texas Monthly Newsletter (www.tourintexas.com