The Chardonnay Room
A sunny, cheerful room with a half-canopied queen-size bed dripping with white Battenburg lace and organza. The Chardonnay Room is furnished "cottage style," in white shabby chic, painted furniture, and boasts a mirrored pine armoire from turn-of-the-century England. A vintage World War II military uniform and lacy vintage wedding dress set the romantic tone, along with a collection of vintage hats. Bring your swimsuit for a relaxing session in the private hot tub on the adjoining second story deck!
Queen-size bed, private bath with shower, private deck with hot tub
Our most popular room, and the perfect romantic getaway to celebrate a wedding night, anniversary or birthday, the Bordeaux Suite is an elegant, romantic room decorated in tones of deep wine red, rose and navy blue. Furnished with a queen-size low-four poster bed, the Bordeaux Suite overlooks the front lawn. It's the perfect place to enjoy romantic moments with your special someone! This room has a fabulous private bath, complete with crystal chandelier, stereo/CD system, scented candles, and whirlpool tub for two.
Queen-size bed, Fireplace, Private Bath with whirlpool tub, no shower (tub has hand shower)
We provide double occupancy accommodations in charming rooms, all with queen-size beds and private baths.
- All rooms are individually heated and air-conditioned.
- Each room is furnished with toiletries, in-room coffee makers, hair dryers, TV with DVD player, and fluffy terry bathrobes.
We operate by reservation only.
- Reservations must be guaranteed by a credit card.
- No charge made if cancellation is made at least eight days prior to the reservation date. Cancellations within 24 hours of reserved arrival and no-show guests will be charged full daily rate for the reserved period.
Rates are subject to state and local hotel taxes, and include full breakfast in the formal dining room for up to two persons per room.
- Additional persons are $35/night.
- Business rates may be available Sunday through Thursday evening. Business rates do not include breakfast.
- We accept MasterCard and Visa.
Check-in time is 4 PM to 6 PM, and check-out time is 12 Noon, unless other specific prior arrangements have been made in advance.
- We can frequently accommodate other times if you will let us know when reserving.
- Children 12 and over are welcome with parents, but we have no accommodations for pets. All guests must be over the age of 18 years.
- Our rooms accommodate a maximum of TWO persons per room at all times.
- Dowell House is a non-smoking facility.
- We provide double occupancy accommodations in charming rooms, all with queen-size beds and private baths.