Elm Cottage Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Welcome to the Elm Cottage
A truly unique experience in Kerrville, Texas. Set in a deep-set box canyon, you will enjoy the beautiful herb and flower garden, quiet walking paths with interesting sculpture surprises where you least expect them and tranquil seating and meditation areas.
Or you can simply relax on the cottage deck with morning coffee and watch the deer come in to feed in the evening. We invite you to come stay with us and enjoy the peace and tranquility of a unique garden setting.Personal checks or cash preferred.
Just perfect for writers, artists, and those who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Return to a simpler way of life.
Your Hosts, Lana Book and Willie McDaniel.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Lana Book & Willie McDaniel for sharing their own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Most people stay at our B&B for the peace and tranquility they find in the Hill Country.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
Our B&B is unique because of its location in a beautiful valley in the Hill Country. Plenty of flora and fauna to enjoy in the area. Walking paths throughout the property.Yoga classes are offered.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
We are in close proximity to the summer camps and the Guadalupe River.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
Probably the best compliment is when people tell us they feel so relaxed and refreshed after spending some time at our B&B.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Antique shopping, Guadalupe river, nature center, museums, open theaters in season, music festival in May.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
Area guides/websites can be found at the Kerrville Chamber of Commerce site and location.
How many rooms does your inn have?
We have one cottage that can sleep 4 people.
Do you accept pets?
We do not accept pets.
Elm Cottage Bed & Breakfast is conveniently located near Kerrville, Texas, and the surrounding Hill Country.
Things to Do
- Guadalupe River
- James Avery Craftsmen
- Riverside Nature Center
- The Museum of Western Art
- Hill Country Arts Foundation Point Theater
- Birding and photography opportunities abound
- 1 hour from San Antonio and Lost Maples State Park
- Antiquing (30 minutes from Comfort and Fredericksburg)
- Old Ingram Loop (Antique stores and art galleries on the Guadalupe River)
- Day trips to many other points of interest throughout the Texas Hill Country
We are located at 1985 Bear Creek Road, Kerrville, Texas 78028.
If Exiting from IH 10
- Exit on Hwy 16 (exit 508) in Kerrville
- You will be on Hwy. 16
- Stay on Hwy 16 as you go through Kerrville
- Turn right at the first light after crossing the river bridge onto Thompson Drive
- Go through 2 more lights and up a hill
- You will see the state hospital on your left
- Immediately past the state hospital turn left on Sheppard Rees Rd.
- Stay on Sheppard Rees Rd. until it dead ends into Bear Creek Rd.
- Turn right on Bear Creek Rd.
- Our entrance is down about 1/2 mile on your left
- There is a sign for the B&B on the black wrought iron gate
- The B&B is on your right as you pull into the driveway