Holly Hill Homestead B&B / Parkers Crossing Cabin
Lady Bird Room
This room honors Lady Bird Johnson and her overnight stay at Holly Hill. During LBJ’s presidency she gave countless hours to the beautification of our East Texas Piney Woods and the entire state of Texas. This special room is just a step off the open porch and through the front door. It is furnished with an antique queen bed , quality linens and numerous pieces of antique hand work. Bird print wall paper and a peacock feather tree add to the décor. On the dresser you will find a portrait print of Lady Bird, a gift from her to Holly Hill Homestead shortly before her death. The room includes a private hall leading to a full bath with claw foot tub.
A room to rest and relax in is the Callaway Room, named for the original owners of Holly Hill Homestead, Jack and Kathryn Callaway. The Callaways retired to Hughes Springs, Texas in the late 70's choosing to make Kathryn’s original family property their home. Antique furnishings, comfortable bedding and superior linens will beckon you to sleep the night away. You will enjoy a large collection of antique children’s toys adorning the top of an open closet. Relax in the old rocker to read and enjoy a chair pad back-massage. The full private bath with claw foot tub is located in the hall beside the room.
Additional Sleeping Space
On the enclosed glass sun porch is the most requested bed in the house; a full sized bed, perfect for extra guests or children. You may choose to rent the entire house for the opportunity to sleep here in total privacy. You will fall asleep in the soft glow of moon light and wake to sunlight peeking through the Piney Woods. What a treat to enjoy song birds, hummingbirds and wildlife near your window as you watch the awakening of a new day.
Parker's Crossing Cabin
This neat little, custom built, cottage-style cabin is nestled in the piney woods of east Texas, off the beaten path and just right for quiet getaways or small family gatherings. It has two queen-size beds, one in a private bedroom with down comforter and the other in an open loft with feather-bed topper. The design is especially unique with native, crepe myrtle handrails, eastern cedar stair treads, and a wonderful, corrugated tin shower.
Policies and Information
- 1 Night (2 people) w/ breakfast: Weekdays (Mon - Thur):$85; Weekends (Fri - Sun): $100
- 2 Nights (2 people) w/ breakfast: Weekdays (Mon - Thur): $160; Weekends (Fri - Sun): $190
- Contact us about specials and package discounts.
- Corporate rates available - perfect for the business traveler
- Accepting major credit cards
- 7 day cancellation policy
- Outside smoking please
- No pets (some exceptions)
- You'll love the relaxed dining in the country kitchen
- Private dining on the screen porch, sun porch or out doors
- Picnic basket meals available
"A special place with special food for special people."
- Two double occupancy rooms
- Prices from $35- $110
- Two private baths
- Discount for booking more than one night
- Charming farm-style home with 10' ceilings
- Handsomely decorated with useful antiques
- Entire house sleeps seven
- Perfect for ladies retreats
- Country Gourmet food, always fresh from scratch
- Full breakfast included
- Lunch, dinner, and picnic baskets available by reservation
- Large kitchen with wood cook stove and open fire place
- Dining room with open fire place
- Sun porch with double bed and awesome view (call for details)
- Year around garden tours
- Nature trails and birding