Windmill Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Located just six miles outside the cities of Hillsboro and Whitney, the home with a windmill in the rose garden is found nestled among pecan and oak trees on twenty-one acres. Windmill Bed & Breakfast, a 1872 Farm-styled home, is decorated in traditional furnishings and antiques. Guest rooms are elegant, romantic, and most comfortable.
Your stay at the Windmill Bed and Breakfast is certain to be a most memorable and pleasant experience.
Mornings will find you enjoying a splendid breakfast served in the beautiful, large dining room. After a day of golfing, fishing, canoeing, shopping at the outlet mall or antique shopping in downtown Hillsboro, you may want to relax reading in your beautiful room or in the backyard swing. Walk the trail around the grounds or sit out on the porch and enjoy the views and sounds of the country. Our night sky has the most heavenly stars you'll ever see!
- All private baths.
- Non-smoking rooms.
- Individually heated and air-conditioned.
- Scrumptious breakfast included.
- Morning coffee in room.
- satellite TV in guest rooms.
- Complimentary snacks & refreshments at check-in.
- Beautiful garden & fountain view from veranda.
- Wonderful swing for two in backyard.
- Walking trail to the pond that follows
the creek along the edge of the pasture.
- National Register of Historic places - Over 250 Hillsboro homes listed.
- Antique Shopping in Downtown Hillsboro
- Hillsboro Outlet Mall
- Cell Block Museum in Hillsboro - Willie Nelson Memorabilia Room.
- Campbell Fresh Mushroom Plant Tour
- Lake Aquilla - Great crappie, catfish, & black bass fishing.
- Canoeing down the Brazos River
- Lake Whitney - Some of the state's best fishing & fishing guides.
Golfing - White Bluff offering two beautiful Bruce Litzge courses, Hillsboro
Country Club, or Whitney Country Club.
- Hillsboro MKT Depot
Hill College - Offering an extensive collection of military art, Confederate
artillery pieces, Confederate flags, weaponry library, uniforms and more.
- Texas Ranger Museum & Hall of Fame
- Cameron Park Zoo
- Armstrong Browning Library
- Baylor University
- Brazos de Dios - Homestead Heritage Center for Traditional Crafts.
How To Find Us
From Dallas/Ft Worth:
From I-35 take exit 370 (Spur 579). Go West (right) into Hillsboro. Go to 2nd street light in front of Courthouse. Turn right onto Hwy 22 (to Whitney). Travel 6 miles to Peoria. Turn left (south) on Hwy 1947 towards Vaughan. Travel 1/10 mile (or long city block) and turn left onto County Road 2421E (gravel road), road is just past red brick house on left corner. Travel 1 mile on curving road. Windmill Bed & Breakfast is yellow, 2-story house on left side of road.
From I-35 heading North towards Dallas/Ft Worth, take the Highway 81 exit into Hillsboro. Proceed to 3rd street light - you will see the courthouse on the left. Turn left (Hwy 22 to Whitney). Travel 6 miles to Peoria. Turn left (south) on Hwy 1947 towards Vaughan. Travel 1/10 mile (or long city block) and turn left onto County Road 2421E (gravel road), red brick house on left corner. Travel 1 mile on curving road. Windmill Bed & Breakfast is yellow 2-story house on left side of road.