Table Of Contents
In its third century on Galveston Island, this charming 1887 Queen Anne Victorian surrounds every guest with warmth and friendliness. Coppersmith Inn features antique-filled rooms and a spectacular winding staircase highlighted by stained glass windows and cobalt blue transoms. The home was designed by Alfred Muller a renowned architect from Germany, for Howard Carnes the cashier of the Morgan's Louisiana and Texas Railroad and Steamship Company. The second owner, Paul Shean was a coppersmith from Ireland, hence the name Coppersmith Inn
Located in the Lost Bayou Historic Distric, six blocks to the beach and seawall!
Kid FriendlyWe cannot accommodate children in the main house, but children are welcome at Clara's Country Cottage.
Weddings at The Coppersmith Inn
At least one member of the wedding party must have a two-night room reservation. We make available the parlor, dining room, and garden for a fee, and you provide all the wedding necessities. We are able to accommodate a single couple or a party up to 25 reasonably comfortable.
The cost to use the Coppersmith Inn facilities is:
- a single couple in the parlor or garden, there is no charge
- a group up to 25 for a one-hour stand-up wedding in the parlor and dining room or garden, $100
- a group up to 25 for a two-hour stand-up wedding and reception (plus an additional one-hour to set up and clean up) in the parlor and dining room or garden $200
- The Coppersmith Inn is only providing the facilities, all other needs preacher, photographer, caterer, flowers, and utensils must be supplied by you. You can caterer it yourself if you would like, or we can provide a list of services that you can use.
- Catered luncheon or dinner for a group of 10 in our dining room, $300. This would have to be provided by a professional caterer and would have the use of the kitchen to prepare the food. They would have to bring their own stove, dishes, glasses, and utensils.