Table Of Contents
Avenue O Bed and Breakfast is located in the historic Silk Stocking District just blocks from the beach and minutes from the Strand, this 1923 Mediterranean style Bed and Breakfast exhibits a comfortable elegance throughout. Originally constructed for Henry Truehart Adriance, a partner in the first chartered realty firm in Galveston, the home continued as a private residence until 2002. It was then purchased by Jim and Connie Porter for the purpose of converting it into an island retreat.
Prior to moving to Galveston, Jim and Connie were long-time residents of the South Pacific and this influence can be seen throughout the house. The house sits on a third of an acre surrounded by lush tropical foliage, making it an ideal setting for a romantic getaway or just a break from the workaday world.
We Can Accommodate Your Anytime Event:
- Rehearsal Dinners
- Cocktail Parties
- Holiday Celebrations
- Children's Parties
- Afternoon Teas
- Whatever Parties
While Avenue O offers the amenities of a large hotel, it maintains the special ambiance and personalized service of a home away from home. From the time you enter this unique and warm Galveston Bed and Breakfast, you will experience the true meaning of Island Hospitality.
The Dining and Living rooms are decorated with an eclectic blend of contemporary and antique. Both offer comfort and space to relax and gather for conversation, reading, games or just doing nothing. The patio offers ample outdoor seating for protected enjoyment of the lovely landscaped grounds.
Specialties of the House:
- Free Cruise Ship Parking with one night's stay
- A full Breakfast is served in the dining room
- Bikes available for Guests' Use
- Tasty treats delivered to your room daily
- Video library and CD collection provided for guests' use
- Special Requests always welcome
Avenue O Bed and Breakfast invites you to join us on Galveston Island to relax, sun on the beach, party at the Mardi Gras festivities, enjoy the luminescent sunset over the water from one of our fine restaurants or explore the pyramids of Moody Gardens. However you choose to spend your time, just consider Avenue O as your place for romance and relaxation
Avenue O Bed and Breakfast welcomes children.
Experience the romance of an outdoor wedding in a lush tropical setting
- Avenue O can accommodate up to 50 guests
- Rent the Venue only, Choose one of the Packages below or Design your own
Just the two of you
$400 plus tax
- One hour venue rental
- Small Cake
- Champagne toast
Intimate Wedding (up to 15 people)
$650 plus tax
- Two hour venue rental
- Two tiered wedding cake
- Champagne (or sparkling cider) toast
Keeping it simple but Special - 35 guests
$1475 plus tax (cost would be less with fewer guests)
- Three hour venue rental
- Three tiered wedding cake
- Choice of four appetizers
- You may provide your own alcoholic beverages
Choose any of the following:
- Venue Rental - $175/hour
- Minister - variable
- Chairs with chair covers - $2.00/chair (no extra charge for white plastic chairs)
- Choice of 4 appetizers - $18/person (15 person minimum)
- Cake - Variable
- We can recommend photographers
We can accommodate your anytime Event:
Rehearsal Dinners, Cocktail Parties, Holiday Celebrations, Anniversaries, Showers Or Whatever Parties
Things to Do
- Ride the trolley to the historic Strand district and explore the many and varied antique and specialty shops.
- Visit Moody Gardens and experience a tropical rainforest, a planetarium and an aquarium all housed in impressive, gleaming pyramids.
- Tour the fabulous historic mansions.
- Splash your way through Schlitterbahn Water Park.
- Enjoy the ambiance of the Grand Opera House or the Strand Theater.
- View the impressive display of vintage aircraft at the Texas Aviation Museum.
- Do the Beach thing.
- Charter a fishing boat.
- Golf at the Galveston Isle Municipal Golf Course.
- Take in the ocean view at any of the pier or seawall restaurants.
- OR - Do nothing at all!