Etta's Place Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
A bed and breakfast inn located in Sundance Square, Etta's Place captures the feel of a southern home and a prestigious private club. With just 10 guest rooms and suites , all featuring private baths, the inn caters to discriminating travelers preferring personal service, privacy, well-appointed accommodations and the best location in downtown Fort Worth.
Etta's Place just around the corner from the Reata Restaurant. Where the Fort Worth's Water Gardens and Convention Center is located today was yesterday's Hell's Half Acre. Butch Cassidy and his partner, The Sundance Kid, resided here for a time. Etta Place, after whom the inn has been named, was commonly known as the girlfriend of The Sundance Kid. She is believed to have been a Fort Worth school teacher by day and a Madame for a Bordello at night. Recalling those lawless and rough years, Etta's Place depicts the gentler side of our Texas heritage, catering to midweek business travelers and those seeking a weekend getaway.
The coffee nook, located on the 3rd floor, is fully stocked. Guests are treated to home-cooked breakfasts, including juice, coffee, fresh fruit, and home baked muffins. Imagine eating a full gourmet breakfast ranging from eggs benedict to banana pancakes with toasted pecans. Breakfast is served either in the dining room or on the patio area just off the dining room. There is a music room with a Steinway Grand, Library room with tables and chairs reminiscent of the English Club area. A game room is in a loft area that overlooks the Music Room.
- Business Amenities - include wireless internet throughout the property, fax machines, copiers and in-room voice mail for business travelers.
- Private Parties - The inn is available for private parties up to 125 persons. Events can be hosted in the library and common living areas.
All guest rooms have private baths with tub and shower, flat screen cable TVs, voice mail telephones, wireless internet access, blow dryers, irons and ironing boards and fluffy white terry robes. All suites are 700 square foot efficiency apartments with large granite desks and wet bars with small refrigerators and microwaves, sitting areas, small tables with chairs, and large private baths with jetted tubs.
Directions from airport:
- Follow signs for Fort Worth from the South Exit of the airport.
- You'll be on Highways 121 and 183 which intermingle all the way to Fort Worth.
- Keep following all signs that say "Fort Worth".
- As you get closer to downtown, the signs will read "Downtown Fort Worth".
- Take the Belknap Exit. It is a two-lane exit.
- Cross over the bridge into downtown.
- Belknap is a 4 lane street. Stay in the middle-left lane.
- Pass the Courthouse. Pass Houston Street and take the next available left onto Taylor Street.
- Follow Taylor to 3rd Street. Turn left onto 3rd Street.
- Cross Throckmorton and immediately look for Etta's Place on the left.
- Park curbside on the street.
Limited accommodations for guest pets (Pets under 25lbs are allowed. Must have travel kennel.)