Far View A Bed & Breakfast Estate
This downstairs room was the former library which features ash block paneling, forest green bookshelves and trim work. Surrounded by books this room gives new meaning to the phrase "reading in bed.". The queen sized oak bed is covered with a duvet of navy, burgundy, and forest green stripes on a taupe floral patterned jacquard. The Library has a private bath with a shower only. A fireplace and reading chair finish this cozy space.
Flanked by double hung windows, this peaceful room offers you a second story exposure-- one to the south overlooking the garden and pool and to the west looking at the pecans and oaks. A king sized bed with a wicker headboard is covered with puffed chenille bedspread that compliments the soothing cornflower blue wallpaper. It has a private bath with a shower. The library table and wingback chair complete this restful space.
A second story view of the pool and the shady live oak trees to the west enhance the privacy of this accommodation. A king sized white iron bed with good reading lamps contrast against the rich burgundy leather faux walls. The paisley evergreen bedspread and drapes compliments this jewel tone dï¿½cor. Write notes or play cards on the antique green leather desk. The private bath has 2 sinks along with the original 5 1/2 foot soaking tub with shower finish your intimate retreat.
This spacious room features a wrought iron king bed on gleaming loblolly pine floors. Your second story retreat provides a view of the walking path and pine trees. Wallpapered with leaves and berries it draws attention to the 6-pointed star on the ceiling, which gives this nature retreat its distinctive name. The private bath has the original 2 sinks and the 5 1/2 foot-soaking tub with shower. A love seat, writing table, and balcony complete this restful abode.
This SECOND FLOOR room offers you a tranquil retreat and overlooks the courtyard and shade gardens. The cozy Garden room has a comfy QUEEN bed and down comforter.. it's a perfect room for cuddly couples. Enjoy watching your favorite TV show .. or just listen to the radio or read in bed as was done in days gone by. The Garden Room has a private bath with shower only. (adults only/double occupancy only).
**** wireless internet on entire property.
Enjoy your Victorian escape overlooking the manicured landscape from your outside balcony. The focal point of your romantic quarters is the navy claw foot bathtub with chrome feet that peeps out into the room from behind a pale pink privacy screen. Cabbage roses and lilacs on a field of navy chintz adorn the fabrics for the custom made queen sized headboard, spread, and draperies. Relax as you ponder the pale pink ceiling?. A private bath with a shower finishes this gracious space.
Carriage House Suite
This 1925 GROUND LEVEL carriage house offers families or groups a private restored area.
The architectural details highlighted are the bead board ceilings, brick walls. double hung windows, saltillo tile floors, faux walls, giving the feel of a Mexican casita. The spacious suite has an open living area that includes a heavy Malaysan dining table and benches, a black leather couch, double chairs in the entertainment area and a KING-sized bed.
The kitchen area includes well-stocked cabinets, stovetop, microwave, dishwasher and a full sized refrigerator.
The adjoining bedroom has 2 twin beds and has it's own private bathroom and shower with extensive use of marble and travertine tile. An additional bathroom boasts a deep claw foot tub and and an abundance of travertine tile......mood lights make for a soothing soak.
An outside sitting area at the front of the Carriage House affords a relaxing space with a high vaulted ceiling and 2 fans to keep cool. An additional seating area is streetside beneath an intricate pergola and private brick walls.
Pool House Suites
Experience the intimacy of the luxury sites in the newly constructed pool house. This structure has the same attributes as the Texas Recorded Historic main house. It features open eves, keystones, matching brick and custom screens. Choose from one of the two suites that display the interior historical details as well. A restored 3-inch solid core oak doors invite you to enter your private retreat. As you enter, geometric stain glass windows greet you as your backdrop for the king sized bed. The luxurious surroundings show lush tones of greens, golds, and violets richly displayed in the draperies and the bedspreads. Each suite has a custom circular mantel and base surrounding the gas fireplace.
This mantle compliments the curve of the slate flooring. Soak and relax in a delightfully deep 2-person whirlpool surrounded by lush draperies and greenery. Each suite has a private bath with a full shower, period sinks and lighting. For your convenience, each suite has a butler's pantry with a microwave and mini fridge.
ADA required widths in bathroom with a roll-in shower with a hand held wand and seat with designer grab bars in both the shower and around the toilet. The designer porcelain sink is a wall mount that meet the ADA requirements for wheelchair access. The smoke/fire alarm, door bell, and phone are audible and visual. The room also has a microwave, coffee maker, and refrigerator. This room also has a TV/VCR. This room is child friendly.
Far View Inn Policies
- Reservations & Cancellations: A deposit equal to the first nightï¿½s stay is required to confirm your reservation. This first night will be charged to your credit card at the time of reservation. In the event you need to cancel, your deposit less a $25.00 fee will be refunded provided we are notified at least 7 days prior to your scheduled arrival date. If you cancel less than 7 days from your arrival date you forfeit your deposit. If we are able to rebook the room, you will receive your deposit back less a $25.00 handling fee. An e-mail or written letter IS A REQUIREMENT for any cancellations OR changes to an existing reservation.
- Check IN time - 3:00 p.m. For later check-ins - NO NEED TO CALL. Your Check-in instructions will be at the main 'front door'.
- Room/Property Check OUT time: 11:00 A.M.
- Guest pets of any type: NOT allowed.
- CHILDREN - well mannened children of ALL AGES are welcome - in the CARRIAGE SUITE 'ONLY'. Children must remain under the Adult Guests full and complete control and supervision at all times.
- Responsible Consumption of alcohol permitted, but NOT provided.
- Open: ALL YEAR
- Accepted payment methods: AMEX, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Travelers and Personal checks and Cash.
- Deposit Amount Required: One night deposit.
- Room rates are for double occupancy.
- Maximum TWO guests ONLY allowed per room, the ONLY exception is the Carriage House Suite: The Carriage House suite can accomodate an additional 2 people. (maximum 4 guests) rates are based on double occupancy (2). Additional guests will be charged $25.00 'PER DAY'.
- ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING IN ROOMS. SMOKING IN ROOMS constitutes a $450.00 FEE which will be added to your room charge.
- Outside smoking permitted EXCEPT in any of our covered areas; not in the outdoor kitchen pavilion, not on the front porch and NOT on the upper room balconies. (Star and Balcony Rooms)
- EXTRA charges will be added to your room charge for:
- lost OR unreturned keys/room ID tag: $35.00 charge
- missing items from rooms.
- any damage and/or extra cleaning that is required above and beyond normal usage.
- HOT TUB - Please note that: FOOD and/or DRINKS are ABSOULTELY 'NOT' allowed in the Hot Tub area. $250.00 will be added to your room charge for not following this policy, it is VERY costly to drain, clean and add special chemicals.
- Outdoor Kitchen usage: A $25.00 fee will be charged for use of the outdoor kitchen for food preparation/grill use. Utensils, dishes, etc. are NOT supplied. Failure to clean the kitchen after use will result in additional cleaning charge of $50.00 minimum.
- Additional charges for any damaged equipment.