The Harned Cabin has two bedrooms located upstairs - the master bedroom has a king size bed and the second bedroom has a queen size bed and a twin. This Cabin will comfortably accommodate up to four people.
The Cabin has a king size bed in the loft and a full size sofa sleeper in the living room. This will comfortably accommodate up to three people. – We prefer to not have groups larger than this in the Cabin.
Each cabin has a fully equipped kitchen: Stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishes, pots & pans, utensils are all included. Continental breakfast items, including fresh fruit, juice, milk, cereals, country ham and biscuits are available for breakfast. Area groceries stores are close by if you wish to prepare a picnic lunch or stay in the Cabin for dinner. On the other hand, if you choose to eat in area restaurants, several local restaurants are only a short drive away; There are many restaurants located in Knoxville or Oak Ridge but if you prefer something closer, Harrison's, Aubrey's, Cracker Barrel, Golden Girls, Gondolier's, and Cove Lake State Park are local favorites.
The woodburning fireplace is a favorite among our guests. Nothing beats the warmth and glow of an authentic fireplace - especially on those cool evenings typical of East Tennessee in the Fall and early Spring of the year. Please note that the fireplace is available only on a seasonal basis.
Free wi-fi internet access, Satellite TV, stereo CD, games, books and DVD movies are available for guests.
Rates and Policies
- Rates are $125 per night (excluding taxes) based on two guests. Please see our main website for the latest information regarding our rates. A 3% discount for cash payment is offered for the avoidance of credit card processing fees.
- Reservations require a two night minimum.
- An additional guest charge of $15 per person will apply after the first two guests. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.
- Special events, holidays, Days of the Pioneer, and the Museum of Appalachia Fall Homecoming are subject to Special Event Pricing. Please call for a quotation.
A complete set of rules will be furnished upon booking; below are some of the most important rules:
- Smoking - No smoking is permitted in the Cabin.
- Pets - No Pets are allowed on the Premises.
- Occupancy - Guests agree that occupancy of The Cabin during their Stay is limited to the number of people stated by Guests and charged for by Owner except for visiting friends, family or guests of Guests not to exceed a reasonable number as determined by Owner. Guests further agree that such visiting family, friends, or guests of Guests shall not stay overnight at The Cabin.
- Check-in/Checkout times - Check-in time is 3PM or later and check-out time is Noon. Please respect these times so the Cabin may be readied for other Guests.
- Reservations may be accepted up to six months in advance. Reservations for the Fall Homecoming (2nd weekend in October) are not available.
- Cancellation Policy - As we are a small Bed and Breakfast, cancellations greatly affect us. When you reserve a room, we agree to turn away all other requests for that room, and you agree to pay the rate quoted for the number of days you reserve it. If you cancel your reservation less than 7 days in advance for any reason, you are subject to one night's room charge. If you cancel your reservation less than 24 hours in advance, or do not arrive for your reservation on the day scheduled, you are subject to the charge for the entire stay booked.
Children are welcome based on prior approval from the owners.