Falcon Manor -- B&B at Falcon Rest
The General Manager's Cottage
Guests love the privacy in this spacious 2,700-sq.-ft. "cottage" next door to the mansion. It was built as a home for the hospital manager in the 1940s.
Now beautifully remodeled, the General Manager's Cottage has a patio with picnic table, an enclosed deck, a kitchenette and a 600-sq.-ft. great room with a gas fireplace and antique furnishings that rival those in the mansion.
Two suites are on opposite sides of the great room, which serves as a common area.
Manager's Suite: $105
Two-Bedroom Cottage Suite: $150
Two-Bedroom Cottage Suite
Two lovely guest rooms on opposite ends of a private hall, with a full bath with shower/tub combination between them.
Decorated in jewel tones of green and blue respectively, both bedrooms feature beautifully carved, high-back antique double beds.
Both Cottage Suite bedrooms and bath: $160
(great for families and couples traveling together, or for two individuals who prefer separate beds).
One Cottage Suite bedroom and bath: $105
(other Cottage Suite bedroom will not be rented).
All services subject to 9.75% sales tax.
Carriage House Room
Adjacent to the Victorian Carriage House at the rear of the mansion, this mauve colored room is highlighted with a breathtaking, 9-1/2 foot tall Victorian Renaissance-style queen-size bedroom suite.
The 16x16-foot room has a private entrance and beautiful view of Falcon Rest's grounds. Its seclusion and grandeur make it a second "Honeymoon Suite."
The adjoining private bath features an antique claw-foot-tub/shower combination. $105, plus 9.75% tax.
Located on the east side of the General Manager's Cottage. A private hall in this suite opens to an inviting bedroom featuring a beamed ceiling, canopied king-size bed and a beautiful view of the mansion next door; and a large private bath with a double vanity sink and shower/tub combination. $105, plus 9.75%.
Falcon Manor's Honeymoon Suite is located across the breezeway from the Falcon Rest Mansion in its original kitchen.
The 17x17-foot room boasts a gas-log fireplace king-size brass and marble bed, a mirror-topped mantle, an unusual antique sofa and a peek-a-boo carved wooden screen. The original wainscoting covers the bottom half of the walls, and the upper portion is deep blueberry.
The pantry that adjoined the old kitchen has been converted into a private bath, complete with an adorable claw-foot tub. (There is no shower in the Honeymoon Suite.) $105, plus 9.75% tax.
Policies and Guest Information
- Full gourmet breakfasts are included in the room rate, and sumptuous dinners are available on Friday and Saturday nights by reservation
- Advance reservations suggested; last-minute inquiries welcomed
- All rooms subject to 9-3/4% sales tax
- Rates are for one or two people per room including full breakfast. $20 extra for additional person or for use of rollaway bed
- Reservations: Accepted by telephone, mail, or e-mail. A deposit of the last night's lodging is required to guarantee a reservation
- Cash, check, MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express accepted
- Refund guaranteed only if notice of cancellation is received seven days before the reservation date or room is rebooked
- Check-In Time: Check in after 3 p.m. Central time. If you find you'll be arriving after the Visitor's Center closes at 5 p.m., please let us know when to look for you. Check out by 11 a.m. If these hours conflict with your schedule, please notify us in advance
- Smoking is allowed on the verandas or the grounds, but not inside. Well-behaved children of all ages are welcome; please ask if you're unsure whether the setting will be appropriate for your child
- We cannot accommodate pets, but there is a kennel nearby
- Open year round
Guest rooms are not inside the Falcon Rest mansion. They are in other buildings on the grounds. The mansion itself is open for guided tours only. Tours are offered to the general public from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. They are also available to overnight guests by appointment before or after meals. Standard admission fees apply.