The Historic Olde Mill Inn Bed & Breakfast
The Suite (King)
As you enter The Suite the first thing you notice is the hand painted murals on the walls. Next is the size of the rooms. The first room hosts the jetted tub for two, a sitting area, the fireplace waiting to set the stage for some romance… the door that leads to your private balcony overlooking our stream and our 1800’s Fitz water wheel. The next room surprises’ you with a HUGE custom made Victorian canopy king bed that takes your breath away. The deep coloring of the wood, the fabrics, along with the luxury linens beckon you to climb right in. A surprise awaits you as you slip under the covers; a 32" flat screen TV is hidden in the canopy of the bed. The Olde Mill's most romantic suite, decorated in hues of chocolates and gold, will have you feeling like royalty.
You also have your own private bathroom that also offers you natural bath salts, high-end amenities and plush bathrobes. Enjoy a cup of coffee on your private balcony over-looking the creek. The Suite, located on the second floor of The Olde Mill, is made for relaxation and romance.
Front Parlor (king)
The Front Parlor is a large and bright room, located on the second floor of The Olde Mill. It is infused with sunshine from the large windows which balances the hues of chocolate brown and blues, to encase you in a feeling of serenity and romance. Open the windows and listen to the creek flowing by and the historic 1800’s Fitz mill wheel turning. The mill wheel puts off the most relaxing sounds you will ever hear as you relax in the antique king bed with luxury linens and a memory foam topper. The electric fireplace will keep you warm and cozy or brighten your night. You will get the best sleep ever in the romantic Front Parlor.
Fabulous private bath with "Jacuzzi" jetted tub. Magnificent custom multi-colored earth tone glass tiles to surround you as you soak your stress away and you have your own private spa! So come on in and enjoy the spa amenities of natural bath salts, plush robes and towels.
Traveling with friends and/or family? The Front Parlor, can become a two bedroom suite by connecting with Creek Side, a queen bed guest room, with its own private bathroom. A twin roll-away bed can easily be added to the Front Parlor. $25.00/night for the additional guest.
The Cabin (King)
Step back into the 1700's as you enter the large hand-hewn joist and wall log cabin room located on the first floor of The Olde Mill. This large room comes complete with original wood, wide plank floors that are just amazing! The double-person jetted tub is the cornerstone of the bedroom making it a special treat ~ decadent – bathing out in your private bedroom with the fireplace going! Toss in all of our natural bath amenities,mlarge plush robes and towels you will feel like royalty! You can curl up and read a good book on the loveseat with our super soft fur throw to snuggle you in or enjoy the 46" TV. Our king sleigh bed is just a beauty. But looks aren’t everything; it sleeps like a dream. The Cabin has its own private entrance and small, well-behaved and quiet pets are welcome in this room.
The private bathroom, with wonderful shower built for two, complete with seating, is roomy and has all of the upscale amenities that you would like such as high-end bath amenities, plush robes and luxurious towels too. Just outside The Cabin, is a log bench that you can sit and enjoy a beverage or just doing nothing as you gaze at the cliffs of the Pinnacle across the street. Handicap friendly.
The Pinnacle (Queen)
There is nothing like waking up from a great night’s sleep to a view that is just breathtaking. Wether it is watching the clouds come down the cliff face like a waterfall or the snow capped mountain face in the winter, you can see it all with The Pinnacles custom made 9 foot wide window. Watch the stars at night and the mountain's beauty by day from your queen bed made with our luxury linens. You have a clear view of Cumberland Gap's famous "Pinnacle" from your bed. This lovely room is very spacious, romantic and relaxing; with its authentic wood paneled walls and fireplace that take you back to when the Olde Mill was built. Located on the second floor on the cabin side of the Olde Mill, The Pinnacle gives you the feeling of intimacy.
The private bath, with a shower and tub combination, lush bath amenities, plush robes will allow you to be renewed by the time you leave.
As you enter Creekside the first thing you notice is soothing the colors of greens and pinks entice you to enter. Creekside is located on the second floor of The Olde Mill, where you are taken back in time to when life was simpler. The queen canopy bed, made-up with fine linens, beckons you to climb in, enjoy the fireplace and get a great nights sleep. Creekside is so cozy and relaxing with its antique furnishings and the Mill wheel slowly turning outside your window, to help you to slow down and relax. The nice-sized private bathroom, with its natural bath amenities and plush robes, hosts a tub and shower combination.
Traveling with friends and/or family? Creekside, can become a two bedroom suite by connecting with the Front Parlor, a king bed, with its own private bathroom. A twin roll-away bed can easily be added to Creekside. $25.00/night for the additional guest.
Daniel Boone (Queen and Bunkbeds)
The Daniel Boone, the Log Cabin upper room, steps you back to colonial times with its hand-hewn logs from the 1700’s. The craftsmanship, all done by hand, that went into the cabin with some of the Chestnut logs being over 30" wide. One wall is covered with original magazine pages from the 30s & 40s. Think of all of the stories the logs and pages could tell you; if you are really quite sometimes you can hear them. the room is named after the original owner of the Inn's fitz wheel, Daniel Boone.
The queen iron bed made up in luxury linens is so comfortable you will not want to rise in the morning. The one of a kind “tree” bunk bed is fun and great for kids or a friends' get-away party. Snuggle-up in the overstuffed chair, enjoy the warmth of the electric fireplace and read a great book in the quiet the cabin has to offer.
The sink base is a solid log slab with a hand pump and tin bucket to wash up in. Enjoy the claw foot tub/shower just like they had in the old days. You will also have a line of natural bath amenities, fluffy bath robes and blow dryer for your use.
Nana's Room (Queen)
Light and cozy best describe this first floor room. Lots of windows and a huge tree outside make this room warm and inviting. The earth tone quilts and antiques make this room a delight. The queen iron bed will offer you a glorious night's sleep.
The bathroom has a large garden type tub/shower great to soak away your trip. Complete with all natural bath amenities, large soft towels and our plush robes, you are ready for a really special stay. A roll away can be added for a fee of $25.00.
LMU ~ Business ~ Government Rate
This rate is for ONE (1) person. One is business and Two is pleasure.
The business rate will have you enjoying one of the four queen quest rooms (The Pinnacle, Creekside, Daniel Boone or Nana's Room) Peace and quiet in the historic town of Cumberland Gap, that is located just 3 miles from LMU and 5 minutes from Middlesboro, Kentucky.
This rate includes a delicious continental breakfast each morning of your stay beginning at 7:30 am. All queen guest rooms have the same amenities which include a comfortable bed made with luxury linens, private bathroom, fluffy robe, upscale bathroom amenities, hair dryer, flat screen TV, with premium channels, and complimentary WI-FI.
You will learn of the guest room you will be enjoying at the time of check-in.
- No other discounts will apply to this rate
- Available Sunday through Thursday only
- Not available Friday & Saturday, holidays
Rent all seven guest rooms at The Olde Mill Inn Bed & Breakfast, located in the quaint and historic town of Cumberland Gap, Tennessee. The history of Cumberland Gap, its state park, hiking, shopping, and dining make the Olde Mill Inn Bed & Breakfast place for a family vacation, family reunion, friends get-a-way or retreat. Located just 1.5 hours north of Knoxville and 2.5 hours from Lexington, KY the location is easy to get to and the drive is beautiful.
In order to qualify for this rate, one individual is responsible for payment.
Throughout the year, Cumberland Gap hosts a variety of festivals, parades, performances and other community events which are held no further than one block from the Inn. Lincoln Memorial University is three miles away and offers a variety of cultural and sporting events for your participation and enjoyment
Enjoy the use of all seven guest rooms, all with private bath rooms, and relish the tasty full American breakfast served each morning of your stay.
Sleeps 16 in guest room beds and 2 twin roll-a-way beds available for 18 guests total.
Minimum night stay: one (1)
- The Olde Mill Inn Bed & Breakfast is a historic property where every guest reservation is both important and special to us.
- Reservations: A valid credit card is required at the time of booking in order to confirm your reservation. We accept Visa, MasterCard & Discover credit cards.
- There is a $50.00 non-refundable deposit on all rooms.
- The Bed and Breakfast has a tall staircase to access the guest rooms on the second floor. If you are not able to climb stairs, please book The Cabin or Nana's Room both of which are located on the ground level.
- Any damage costs will be charged to the credit card on file.
- Cancellation: In the unlikely event that you must cancel your reservation, shorten your stay or check-out early, with less than fourteen (14) days notice, please understand that we must ask you to take responsibility for your entire reservation, which includes room and any packages you may have selected. If we can rebook your room(s), a full or partial refund will be made to your credit card on file, less the $50.00 deposit.
- A thirty (30) day cancellation notice is required on whole house bookings and for holidays and special events.
- Wedding Reservations: No refunds are given in the event of a date change or cancellation. Please make sure of your date and time before booking your reservation. Your wedding date reservation is not confirmed until receipt of the required deposit.
- No Show: The entire balance will be charged to the card on file.
- Children of all ages are welcome at the bed and breakfast, with well-behaved parents.Children may not be left unattended in a guest room at any time. Please note that the property is not child-proofed.
- Same fees apply as if bringing an additional guest.
- The Olde Mill Inn is a non-smoking environment. Smoking is not permitted in the Inn but smoking is allowed on the deck. Any guest choosing to not honor this No Smoking policy will incur a $200 Annoyance fee.
- Rates are based upon double occupancy. Two rooms (Daniel Boone and Front Parlor) may accommodate an extra person(s). Extra person, including children, charge is $25 per day.
- One Night Reservations: For one night stays, we are not able to guarantee a specific room, however we guarantee a room available for you at an equal or greater value.
- Check-in is 3:30pm until 6:00pm. Special arrangements may be made for later check-ins by contacting the innkeeper at 423-869-0868.
- If arriving outside of check-in times we will have a self check-in map and information for you located on the large dining table, inside the front door. Your room door will be open with the lights on awaiting your arrival. We will see you in the morning.
- Check-out: 11:00 am. Please respect that we must have ample time to have the guest room ready for our arriving guests.
- Dog Policy (view on website)
- Rates & Policies are subject to change