DER PLATZ Bill & Ila's B & B
Rooms & Amenities
Four bedrooms upstairs are named for the kid who occupied that room growing up.
- Randy's room has a king bed (or pair of twins whichever is needed) and a crib.
- Toby & Lori's rooms have regular beds.
- Jamie's room has a pair of twin beds.
The shower & bath area are in the central hallway. The main floor is wheel chair accessible, the bedroom there has a queen bed & adjoining bathroom with shower.
Rates: $70 per couple, with discount for multiple night stays.
Three bedrooms are also located on the Lower Level facing east:
- North (Morning Glory room) with king bed and a private shower
South (The Stable, decorated Western style) has two twins or a king bed
Center (Bird room) has 2 standard size beds and shares a bath with shower over a whirlpool tub.
- Check in anytime, preferably prearranged
- Breakfast to suit YOUR schedule. (Hunters get a midafternoon lunch as they usually eat breakfast late and want to be ready to hunt at noon.)
- Children and Pets are also welcome!
Hunting - Horse Camp
Spend a night in the country on a 3 & 4 generation working family farm...
We are a working family farm, raise corn, soybeans, winter wheat & alfalfa. We have one beef cow & 2 calves and a new purbred Arabian foal that was born April 16, 2009. Bill is the neighborhood "Mr. Fixit" man.
We are just 15 minutes from Mitchell, best known for the Corn Palace, but we also have the following activites and attractions close by, including:
- Prehistoric Indian Village and Archdome
- Dakota Discovery Museum
- Pepsi Cola Theatre of Performing Arts - Local Talent
- Starlite Drive Inn Theatre
- 5 movie theatres
- Antique shops
- The Corn Palace Stampede, is the best PRCA Rodeo in the state.
- August brings the annual pilgrimage of Harley enthusiasts to Sturgis; we're just a short days drive away. Later in the month, Dakota Fest outside Mitchell presents the latest in farm machinery, ag buildings and fall tillage, variety of crafts, horse and livestock demonstrations
- The Corn Palace features top name entertainment (such as Trace Adkins and LeAnn Rhimes), carnival, and Polka Fest.