DER PLATZ Bill & Ila's B & B
Rooms & Amenities
Four bedrooms upstairs are named for the kid who occupied that room growing up.
- Randy's room has a king bed (or pair of twins whichever is needed) and a crib.
- Toby & Lori's rooms have regular beds.
- Jamie's room has a pair of twin beds.
The shower & bath area are in the central hallway. The main floor is wheel chair accessible, the bedroom there has a queen bed & adjoining bathroom with shower.
Rates: $80 per couple, with discount for multiple night stays.
Three bedrooms are also located on the Lower Level facing east:
- North (Morning Glory room) with king bed and a private shower
- South (The Stable, decorated Western style) has two twins or a king bed
- Center (Bird room) has 2 standard size beds and shares a bath with shower over a whirlpool tub
- Check in anytime, preferably prearranged
- Breakfast to suit YOUR schedule. (Hunters get a midafternoon lunch as they usually eat breakfast late and want to be ready to hunt at noon.)
- Children and Pets are also welcome!
– DER RUMBOLZ PLATZ by Ethan, S D for 16 years in my husband, Bill’s grandparents homestead house. We have rented the farmstead to a young family & moved to Mitchell, purchasing the former FLAVIA’S PLACE from Lelia Guilbert. The name has been changed to DER PLATZ – Bill & Ila’s B & B . It is a 2 story Italian Bracket 1880 vintage home. We now offer 5 guest rooms – 4 are on the second floor – one has a private bath, the other 3 share a bath in the hall. There is also a room on the main floor which has a private bath & a king bed . There are 2 beds in each room on the upper floor. One room has a pair of full beds, 2 have queen beds & a twin. The one with private bath has a king bed & a twin. Also TV in all rooms & WI FI. Entire house available for family gatherings & reunions