Foote Creek Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Wonderful views, quiet country atmosphere, starry nights, warm hospitality, generous breakfast, and our new facility await you at Foote Creek Bed & Breakfast located in Aberdeen, South Dakota. With four large guestrooms, each with a private bath, prepare to settle in for a quiet and comfortable night's sleep. One of the bedrooms provides accessibility for those unable to climb stairs. The beds are all queen-sized. Our upstairs gathering room provides dish TV and a beverage stocked refrigerator. The main floor great room has a fireplace and plenty of seating for enjoyable conversation, or for just sitting and reading.
Coffee, before breakfast, is served in our upstairs gathering room, or join us in the kitchen for conversation as we complete breakfast preparations. Please be seated as we serve you breakfast in our dining room. Let us know if you have any dietary restrictions, we'll take special steps to meet your needs.
From our front porch swing, unhampered by city lights, watch while the fireflies dance in the starlight, or relax on the upstairs balcony taking time to locate the constellations. Under special conditions you may even catch a "Northern Lights" light show. Settle in around a campfire before crawling under the covers for the best nights sleep you've had in a long, long time.
Arrangements can be made for a day trip, enjoy shopping at Aberdeen's many fine stores, golf, hike, or visit our museum. Spend the evening at the theatre, movies, the car and horse races in summer, or one of the many sporting events in the area during the winter. In August, The Brown County Fair attracts big name entertainment, and we're just a few miles from the fair grounds.
Whether your stay is for business, pleasure, or to renew a relationship, our goal is to provide you with a memorable experience.
Our main floor bedroom is fully wheel chair accessible with large bathroom complete with wheelchair accessible shower with flexible showerhead and hose, pull down seat, grab rails both in the shower and next to toilet, and wheelchair accessible sink. A ramp from our parking lot leads to our wide front porch and front door, as well to a separate entrance. The rest of our home's main floor is accessible to a wheelchair.
- Day Trips: We can fix a picnic lunch for you to take on any of our suggested adventures.
- Sand Lake Wildlife Refuge: The Refuge is 27 miles northeast of Aberdeen, in the heart of the Prairie-Pothole Region of North America. Welcome are birdwatchers, anglers, photographers, hunters, and nature lovers. Columbia, SD.
- Samuel H. Ordway, Jr. Memorial Preserve: Ordway Prairie is located within the Prairie Pothole Region of South Dakota, and 50 miles northwest of Aberdeen, near Leola, SD.
- Redlin Center: - Watertown, SD - 98 miles southeast of Aberdeen - View the original paintings by the world-renowned wildlife painter.
- Strasburg, ND: Boyhood home of the world-famous "Champagne Music Maker" bandleader Lawrence Welk. The farm contains the sod house where Welk was born in 1903, a summer kitchen, barn, an 1890s blacksmith shop, buggy house, granary, farm equipment and interpretive display.
- Hutterite Tour: A minimum of 8 people are needed for this tour which is hosted by the Aberdeen Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Fort Sisseton State Park: A day pass is required for the stop at the historical Fort Sisseton State Park, home of the Buffalo Soldiers.
- Rodeos and Pow-wows are held throughout the summer at various locations within the area. Contact us for more information.